Blogging your way into fashion week

Perez Hilton IS at fashion week! I saw pictures of him with Kimora Lee Simmons at her show.

This is awesome that all of this is happening to bloggers. I can testify that you do get some good perks and nice swag from blogging. I have a celebrity blog, not totally fashion related but boutiques still like to have me plugging their products and sales etc. Ive several hundred dollars of free merchandise, which was very nice of them, and I even got a well paying job with a reputable company. No invites to fashion shows yet but hopefully one day.

I am going to some shows at LFW, I got my tickers from Blow PR the other day! But I think it is also due to my MA Fashion Course too.

^^ Yes, I kind of believe that contributed to how I got the tickets because the PR companies do not know about my blog.

^that's true.... I like Diane a lot (and she's a nice person....)
but Diane was already a fashion insider....

best blogger ever: diane pernet at ashadedviewonfashion.com

so surprised nobody mentioned her

she invented the game and made the rules

I think she went unmentioned because she's another blogger who was already established and very successful as a fashion insider. She doesn't count as someone that used their blog to launch themselves into the fashion industry. She was already firmly entrenched in the industry... :flower:

I think that is difficult have a fashion blog, for example, I write a fashion blog in spanish and it´s popular. Twice Elle.es and Mujer De Hoy (woman today) wrote to me for ask me to have a blog in their webs. I refused because I want a personal and not a comercial blog but, many companies have sent to me invitations for parties and for national (spanish) catwalk.

Anyone has sent to me an invitation for Paris, Milan o New York but I wish it. Someday over the rainbow :lol:

I started to made a blog, since the videos i upload on youtube are used everywhere, even at WGSN hahahaha

I think that is difficult have a fashion blog, for example, I write a fashion blog in spanish and it´s popular. Twice Elle.es and Mujer De Hoy (woman today) wrote to me for ask me to have a blog in their webs. I refused because I want a personal and not a comercial blog but, many companies have sent to me invitations for parties and for national (spanish) catwalk.

Anyone has sent to me an invitation for Paris, Milan o New York but I wish it. Someday over the rainbow :lol:

Same over here!!! Only for Germany and without the ELLE offer :D
My blog is called F&ART http://fartguide.blogspot.com/ which is QUITE popular internationally, but especially in Germany. I can only speak for Berlin Fashionweek where it was VERY easy for me to get invitations to the shows I wanted to see. I blog for about 2 years know and got to know many national designers throughout the years and most of them just send me their invitations, because they know that I do and appreciate it.

I have never tried to get invitatione to major shows in Paris, New York, London etc. I think I shouldn't be that hard to get invites from lesser know designers because they are always happy to get some coverage...

I once was invited by Lancôme for two amazing days in Paris, just because of my blog. I get many invites to smaller events like a lingery presentation in paris or a weekend in luxembourg, lots of samples.

Sorry if this sounds very chaotic... But what I am trying to say is. Start your blog if you have something to say. Be true to yourself and blog, blog, blog. You got to be addicted to it. One day you will be someone and PR companies will recognize that (they do more and more every day!) and then invitations will come. The internet and especially blogs will play a larger role in future - I totally believe that!

From what I'm reading, a lot of bloggers are contacted by PR companies. But have any bloggers successfully applied for press passes? I guess blogging is a sort of journalism.

Same over here!!! Only for Germany and without the ELLE offer :D
My blog is called F&ART http://fartguide.blogspot.com/ which is QUITE popular internationally, but especially in Germany. I can only speak for Berlin Fashionweek where it was VERY easy for me to get invitations to the shows I wanted to see. I blog for about 2 years know and got to know many national designers throughout the years and most of them just send me their invitations, because they know that I do and appreciate it.

I have never tried to get invitatione to major shows in Paris, New York, London etc. I think I shouldn't be that hard to get invites from lesser know designers because they are always happy to get some coverage...

I once was invited by Lancôme for two amazing days in Paris, just because of my blog. I get many invites to smaller events like a lingery presentation in paris or a weekend in luxembourg, lots of samples.

Sorry if this sounds very chaotic... But what I am trying to say is. Start your blog if you have something to say. Be true to yourself and blog, blog, blog. You got to be addicted to it. One day you will be someone and PR companies will recognize that (they do more and more every day!) and then invitations will come. The internet and especially blogs will play a larger role in future - I totally believe that!

Exactly. Start if you have something to say, no I love Marc Jacobs :heart:or Donna Karan :woot: because it´s known that the 50% of blogs have less than a year of life.

Mrs Jade, I know your blog. And I like it. My blog is www.coolandchic.blogspot.com

I have just started blogging @ http://thefunkloft.blogspot.com/, and I am wondering how to get people to find out about my blog. I doubt anyone has even checked it out so far (minus my bf), and even though I don't necessarily want to blog my way into the fashion industry, I would like some exposure. How should I go about getting people to notice my blog? I would be happy with just a few comments here and there...:blush:

francofille: Comment on and link to other blogs. Being a part of the "network" helps a lot.

I think to get traffic, a blog has to give not only the freshest but rarest info. (for example, I just posted the SS09 fashion week schedule before anyone does) Or like Susie, show personality and opinions that appeal to a wide range of audiences. My blog is about year-old and I do a lot of internet sourcing everyday to keep it updated. It seriously gets very tiring. But it is very very very rewarding when you start getting deals that can bring you $$$ and of course invites!
I am from Singapore so I hope that they will invite me to the upcoming fashion festival!!!
But i think there is no point to start a blog just to get these benefits, it is the passion that matters the most.

Oops, just realized I wrote francofille.. my post was directed at rochasfille, of course! :P

^How do I go about doing such? I am basically blog-illiterate, so I have no idea how to network and such. How do I "link" to other blogs, in particular? Thanks for your advice! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Well, first of all, do you have any favorites among fashion blogs? If yes, start commenting on their posts (with a link to your blog, of course) and link back to them on your blog. I saw that you have a link list to online stores, make another one for blogs! Just start interacting more with others. Then you'll eventually gain some fans. In the end, for a blog to survive, it needs to have something special. Be it good writing or a certain taste, find an audience that you appeal to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->