Blogging your way into fashion week

We get invited to quite a few shows at The Lingerie Post. I just got back from Paris.

I think it's all about showing you're serious -- and showing you can add value to their press list. Once you establish that, and you're on the lists of the PR agencies -- invites follow. :smile:

Some bloggers put so much time, effort and work into their blogs, so its nice that they do get recognised:wink:

I think im just embarassed of my blog at the moment it's so boring:doh: compared to others!

i think that blogs are very important these days. you can read news and see things a lot faster than having to wait to see it in a magazine. people are very hungry for information these days and blogs satisfy that demand.
also its really amazing to see people of all ages from anywhere in the world, from any means or background putting their content online, it gives a much more diverse perspective of fashion than what you could read from a few high end articles because each blog is so personal and interactive.
and in some cases, blogs reach wider audiences than publications do, so in real terms, they are better for publicity than magazines.

Scott Schuman might be a good example of blogging yourself into the fashion world

Well...he was already in the fashion world before the blog...he was director of men's fashion at Bergdorf Goodman. The blog did bring him notoriety as a photographer though.

Wait, so people actually have fashion insiders reading their blogs? Interesting. I think it's a good way for designers, also, to see what actual people who buy the clothing think. Before the internet, people only had the magazines to rely on, now the internet has made everything more interesting (good or bad.)

PEREZ HILTON? puh-lease.

if he's going to be there at fashion week, it's probably only for the celebrities rather than the fashion.

OH I agree. He has nothing to do with fashion and would probably draw something on Donatella's nose instead of reviewing her show.

What is the Chanel blogging event you guys speak of? I just started my blog. I'm going to take it slow and post quality stories. Hopefully, it will grow.

i c a lot of you guys work in the industry, if any of you need someone in your company in NYC, holla =)~

I sent a few e mails, but I realized that as a blogger we have to be twice professional as normal press, then we have still a lot to prove...

It happened to me, that someone said: I dont know how it works for "press". I didn´t like the "". I guess nobody knows what is exactly going on right now...:shock:

Wow, those quotes were really rude of that person! The funny thing is that if your readership is high, it's free press for them...so it's odd that they would be rude in cases where the readership is quite high.

Well...he was already in the fashion world before the blog...he was director of men's fashion at Bergdorf Goodman. The blog did bring him notoriety as a photographer though.

He also had his own fashion showroom in NYC, so he definitely was well-connected, already. I think that's why so many people on his blog were (and still are) often in the fashion industry.

Wait, so people actually have fashion insiders reading their blogs? Interesting. I think it's a good way for designers, also, to see what actual people who buy the clothing think. Before the internet, people only had the magazines to rely on, now the internet has made everything more interesting (good or bad.)

i think some local fashion people do read my blog from time to time and it's even gotten me some positive attention, which i am of course very grateful for.

online is the only way forward these days

im still confused on how all that happens. you just have a blog and write whatever you want and then all of a sudden, "important" people start contacting you? sorry if this sounds unexperienced, but i am very unclear on this whole blogging situation, because i write A LOT on livejournal (afficionada.livejournal.com) and now i'm thinking that i should've just went to blogspot.

im still confused on how all that happens. you just have a blog and write whatever you want and then all of a sudden, "important" people start contacting you? sorry if this sounds unexperienced, but i am very unclear on this whole blogging situation, because i write A LOT on livejournal (afficionada.livejournal.com) and now i'm thinking that i should've just went to blogspot.

Go to gucci loves ny, they put a lot of blogs mentioned on here on their website. They might actually prowl around tfs and other sites and ones linked to them, they probably check out. I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think some local fashion people do read my blog from time to time and it's even gotten me some positive attention, which i am of course very grateful for.

online is the only way forward these days

I agree, people write for years and never get published, but if you have your own blog you are instantly your own publisher, you have creative control and if someone invites you to Fashion Week or asks you to be on TV and commentate on E's 25 Most Stylish Celebrities, like what happened to me then it is a bonus. I would not have had those opportunities without my blog.

I think the key is to try to be different. Style Bubbles is not the typical fashion site as she is very unique in her writing and her style.

Mine was fairly unique until other people starting copying my stuff which is why I am now moving from blogspot to my own domain. I am in the process of redesigning my site which will hopefully be live before the end of the month.

if you really want to go to Fashion Week and have some money the W hotel has a package you can pay for which would gain you access to some shows

http://whotels.destinations.starwoodhotels.com/w_nyc/catwalk0208/?EM=VTY_WH_CATWALK_NYC_PROMOTION

wish I could afford it.

best blogger ever: diane pernet at ashadedviewonfashion.com

so surprised nobody mentioned her

she invented the game and made the rules

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back