Body Scars and Stretchmarks

Scar Mitigation?

I'm sure everybody has their own special brand of bug or other creepy crawler where they live that bites, stings or does something else to iritate and annoy.

We have these things called chiggers. When they bite, they actually burrow into the skin and secrete an enzyme that dissolves skin tissue so they can suck it back out as food.

While the wound is healing, it itches like crazy and oozes a clear liquid. Nothing helps to reduce the itching or hasten healing. Anti-biotics, Neosporin do nothing.

After it heals, it leaves a nasty scar about the size of a pencil eraser that is darker than the surrounding skin. They don't really go away with time and tanning only makes the scar darker as well.

Sooooooo, does anybody know of anything that helps to diminish the scar afterwards? Creams? Lotions?

i tend to use cocoa butter palmers and recently bio oil which for me is quite expensive and i forget to apply it twice daily so cant really comment on that.

most of my scars tend to fade away apart from those daft brown ones i should learn not to fall over so much:ninja:

i supose it depends on your skin type aswell though.

you should treat it from the inside and out.

I take a lot of vitamins, b-6, beta carotene, vitamin E...

those are all good for a lot of things, but especially the skin. you'll be able to regenerate better when your vitamins are in check... do a lookup and see for yourself :D

as for the surface, just about any cream, that will keep your skin moisturized, will do. I really dont believe in those fading creams that you buy at the grocery shop, the amount of fading ingredients in them are barely there, hence the cheap price :lol: ... so if anything, like elegance said, cocoa butter is always the savior. Just a reminder, all of those vitamins will help you regenerate skin, therefore, a mild exfoliator for the body will be fabulous.

but do try the vitamins, you'll notice how good your skin will look and how fast it will heal from scars due to these bugs, or acne or anything else

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard lemon juice also works well on scars... its supposedly is a natural bleach. Maybe you could look into that? :flower:

Try Scarguard? It's available in US, not sure where you are. It's supposed to be good.

I strongly recommend using Vitamin E oil. Puncture the capsule first with a safety pin or sewing needle, then squeeze the contents directly onto the scar and gently massage in a rotating motion until fully absorbed. Do this at least three times daily, preferably as often as every 3-4 hours. It takes a couple of months to see optimum results, so don't be discouraged.

Polysporin slathered on top of affected areas at night is a wonderful trick. It contains bacitracin and polymixin b sulfate (2 antibiotic agents that have staph aureus and p acnes coverage-- and many other nasty bacteria have made a home for themselves in your skin...). Simultaneous to being a mean bacteria-busting machine, the no-frills petrolatum base makes for an excellent moisture-retaining barrier balm that promotes skin healing while you sleep (especially good if you sleep with the a/c on). Try it, you won't be sorry! Oh, and polysporin, not neosporin (contains too many formulation extras that could cause more acne/sensitivity)

Picked up some vitamin E ointment and some cocoa butter. We'll see what happens.

i tend to use cocoa butter palmers and recently bio oil

Me too - bio oil is fantastic, I don't apply it in the weird way the instruction book says too, but I do it in the morning and evening and have been for about a year now. I had to have a minor surgery on my face which left me with a BRIGHT red scar about 1/2 cm (my skin is pretty much paper white so the initial scar was very visible!) but now after a years useage you really can't see it! Unless you look at my face in very bright sunlight, it is basically invisible! Bio oil is the best and you don't need to use alot.

I was wondering if any of these products work African Americans? I have a huge scar and I have tried both Neosprin and Mederma, none has worked at all. The scar that I have has lightened a little though, but it is still very visible. I don't have acne problems, its just this scar.

Thanks

I scar very easily, it kinda sucks because mine are darker than my skin tone and I have loads on my legs and my arms..I tried to use something to make them disappear but it didn't work that well.. I even have scars from paper cuts..hah

Laser treatment is the best thing for scars, but it is expensive. However, if it is something with which one struggles perpetually and ends up spending a lot of money experimenting with different creams...then it kind of ends up the same.

i have/had acne scars on my cheaks and even though i still have a few what help me reduced them was washing my face at night with extra virgin olive oil (i know most people would think this would only make my acne worst but it had actually helped A LOT with the scars that were my main problem, since i had been on antibiotics for a month and a half i did not have that many pimples). i noticed a big improvement when i started using the oil cleansisng method, at first i did the whole steaming thing now i kind of skip it and still see results. I would suggest giving it a try, since it's not super expensive.

^I've never heard of that before but I think I'm going to give it a go. My acne scars are begining to fade,I think in part to a light home micro-dermabrasion skin product but I'd like to have it professionally done too.

I'm pretty clumsy and when I worked in a kitchen I would often get cuts and burns on my arms but I found that if I put antiseptic cream on the wound and then a plaster on top straight after (more for cuts) the scarring is minimal

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->