Body Scars and Stretchmarks

Originally posted by dramatique@May 12th, 2004 - 12:22 pm
I thought they actually bleach your skin. Some of these creams take off the first layer of epidermis to expose the white dermis inside. I would recommend not using the product anymore. What happens is your skin tries to regenerate more melanin to make up for the lost of it by the product and you get a whole lot of freakles or pigmentation. Let's the skin even out by itself (use foundation everyday) and to get rid of the pimple scars go to the dermalogist. :flower:
They actually do. I'm not familiar with this product in particular, but a lot of the "bleaching/lightening" products on the market contain hydroquinone, a drug that reduces the production of melanin. The drug itself doesn't cause any peeling or exfoliation, though it's very often mixed with some other exfoliating agents.

So the best solution to her problem is simply to apply the product all over her face, and use sunscreen AT ALL TIMES.

Originally posted by amy1022@May 12th, 2004 - 12:33 am
I used black opal fade gel to try to fade my many many acne scars on my cheeks..and now my two cheeks have a blotch of lighter color on it (where i applied the black opal) eeek and my cheeks are lighter than the rest of my face.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to even it back out? oh. yeah...scars are still there like before. *tear*

Any suggestions are welcome...THANKS!!!
I've always used Vitamin A to even out my splotches -- I just buy the
regular capsules & snip the end & put it on. Vitamin E breaks me out
like crazy when I do that -- but the A actually helps.......

That fade cream sounds kind of sketchy. I'd stop using it because you never know what it could be doing to your skin. Maybe you could consult a doctor or a dermatologist first? Because you wouldn't want to be using the wrong products :flower: Good luck..

try mosqueta rose oil( sorry not sure that its proper name but its should be something along those line). It is great for reducing scars i would use it on my face for acne marks but as it is oil it can make me break out but its great!! i heard tones of great review about it. and it is also really cheao here u can buy 10 ml or 15 not sure for like 7€. since u need a few drops per sacr it last qite a while. Also u can mix it with other types of oil (can't remeber which one they recommended sorry).

can I use the vitamin E from those vitamin E softgels that are supplements?
:flower:thanks

like most people have said, the secret is vitamin E. the softgel tablets work fine. just puncture the tablet and smear it over your scar, then put some kind of bandage over it. i tried this on a huge scar i had, and its disappeared

yes its that, the rose hip seed oil. It is the beast thing to reduce scars and i am not sure of this but i believe i read it reduces wrinkles bit or it it avoided their apparence. Don't take my word on the thing about the wrinkles but for scars i highly recomend it. i believe people mixed it with wheatgerm oil. not sure about the vitamin E i haven't tried mixing it. I guess you could ask the pharmacist( not sure that the version of afarmacy here is the same as one in the states, but here the person behind the counter must study a 4 year career, if its the same u can ask them they should know)

Palmer's Cocoa Body Lotion it not only works but smells yuMMy to!!!:P

Scars and stretchmarks

How do agencies, react to models with really visible scars and stretchmarks?
How does a photographer react to a model who has a visible scar/stretchmarks during a photoshoot, will he/she not do the photoshoot, or will makeup artist just cover the scar up with makeup?
Also, how does fashion designers, and other clients react to them? How does a model with a visible scar/stretchmarks get work when she goes to a casting, should she use dermablend, or some other type of body make up when she goes to a casting?
If a model has a photoshoot, should she use make up to cover the scar before the photoshoot (meaning the same day of the photoshoot)or should she go there without covering the scar?
I am sure that there are models in the business who have one or the other or both. But how is this all dealt with, and what are the reactions.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ depends where the scar is... a lot of models have visible scars (when you look at untouched photos), they usually erase it off digitally for editorials.... most of the time so you think they have perfect skin....

but scars and stretchmarks are no big deal in general.... it really depends on how big and visible they are though..... if they're not too apparent, i don't think anyone would mind...... :(

How interesting.....what about tattoos? Are models advised not to get them? I know that Erin Wasson, Omyhra, and Isabelli have them..Im sure more other models have them too...what is the deal about that?

Does Strivectin good for scars skin? Does anyone here tested it?

Interesting, last November Elle France (I think it was the beauty issue, don't have it here but may scan it later) ran a make-up editorial with several models and one of them, a blonde girl (don't remember the name either), had a small vertical scar on her cheek, perhaps 4cm, perfectly visible. I remember because I really liked that pic, and she was shot in profile so they could have easily have photographed the other side or even Photoshopped the image, but didn't. I thought it was cool. B)

Adrina said:
Does Strivectin good for scars skin? Does anyone here tested it?

I don't know about Strivectin but 100% Aloe Vera gel is great, it
enhances the scar fading.

i think they want models that have as little problems as possible because they want to save the time and money for retouching.

Iva_ said:
I don't know about Strivectin but 100% Aloe Vera gel is great, it
enhances the scar fading.

yes it is!!! I went to the body shop and got myself the aloe vera gel. I talked to the lady there and she told me that aloe vera is good because it moisturizes the scar and she recommended to use the body butter as well (i was going to buy one anyways). So yeah i put the aloe vera gel on my surgery scar and let it sink in and then i put the body butter on it. I do that twice a day, in the mornings and before i go to bed. I kid you not people.. i can already see and feel it.. it really helps! It's fading a little bit and instead of it being bumpy its slowly becomming smoother and more flat. So, i def. recommend the aloe vera!

Bio Oil from the chemist really works and gets rid of stretch marks and cellulose!!!

Will my stretch marks on my thighs/hips go away if I lose weight by dieting/exercising + aloe vera gel?! I'm only a teenager and not even overweight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->