Bottega Veneta S/S 2025 Milan

While I see that he's trying, it's not really landing for me, partly because it's kind of more of the same - the same things he's been showing for the past 3+ years since he took over. His color palette is just not evolving, it's always those muddy neutrals with primary colors that neither have the sophistication of Maier's color choices, nor the punch of Lee's. Then there are the cuts/proportions: oversize everything just doesn't seem as fresh anymore after several years of it everywhere from Demnaciaga couture to high street; some nicely cut slim pants would've done more for this show than those trouser/skirt hybrids. And as for Blazy's efforts to deliver eye-catching showpieces, I have to notice he is somewhat similar to Raf in the sense that he doesn't really excel at piling it on, whether it's embellishments, prints or items of clothing; his best looks - previously at Margiela, too - are rather the cleaner ones. In that sense, I hope he presents something leaner and calmer next season and keeps the same shoe designer(s) because they're doing a good job - both the heels and the loafers look sumptuous and are the best elements of the collection.

Last edited:
I’m no fashionista but Blazy’s BV really works for me. In fact, BV under Blazy is pretty much the only luxury brand now that I spend my money on.

Lee might have put BV on the map for many but Blazy creates that oomph that made me pull the trigger. I didn’t buy any BV under Lee though I liked many of his work. I almost did though but at the end of the day his work are just a tad bit too basic, and soon became very trendy that you can easily find a similar style at Zara or sth at a fraction of the price.

Yet, since Blazy became CD, I find myself consistently buying a few items per season, be it bags, shoes, or RTW. Yes pieces on runway can be too experimental or heavy. I must admit, his SS24 worried me as I live in subtropical area so I resonate with a lot here that simply looking at that runway makes me sweat. But stocks that make it to the stores do have a commercial reality. I bought a bag, a pair of shoes, and an ensemble when SS24 hit the store. I just bought a sweat from FW24 and I suspect more to come. And I’m sure SS25 will be no different. I’m already eyeing the match stick sweats, some shoes, and the bunnies and frogs accessories, just to name a few. SS25 really put a smile on my face.

I think what Blazy does it for me is that his work has an artistic element which Lee lacks. There’s also an element of surprise, be it to the craftsmanship or the silhouette. Many here seem to find his work to be too conceptual. I on the other hand find that to be precisely what makes his work so captivating and interesting to look at, especially when you look at them up close and personal.

I do agree menswear sizing is a huge issue. When runway models over 6 ft already wear a 46, 5’7 male like myself can only really wear 44 in most cases, yet some markets don’t even get inventory in that size. Make that make sense BV!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HEROES
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->