Brands That Need a Makeover/Overhaul

I just found out about this thread and the first thing that came to my mind was:

DOLCE & GABBANA

I know it may seem far-fetched for the duo to get back on their feet again because they have been stuck in oblivion for more than a decade now with repetitive, uninspired, meh collections season after season. But I still have this 1% of hope that they would come back to their senses and produce a collection again that would reclaim their spot in the world of fashion. Just like what they used to have in the early-late 00s. Okay, fine. 2% Lols! :lol::lol:

The rest of the brands are tolerable for me but in the case of Dolce & Gabbana? I am seriously pissed at the fact that they do need a makeover. Because they used to have it. You all know what I mean.

Chanel.... Virginie plays it too safe, there's the glimmer of a good idea here and there but I remember back in the day we used to joke about how Ed Meadham and Ben Kirchhoff could take over someday when Karl stepped down. The thing is the label and its basic foundations are stodgy "rich auntie clothes" (what we used to call them growing up) but Karl could spice it up and make it playful enough to make it appealing to the young. Not sure Virginie has that, but at least her RTW sells I guess? Because it's starting to remind me of those irrelevant 'beautiful clothes for ladies who lunch' labels I've seen from GAP collections books of the 90s.

Givenchy (quite possibly coming up), Balenciaga, Chloé.

Some big-in-the-80s brands like Nina Ricci or Rochas have got new designers, but I'm sceptical of the results.

Rochas is shaping up nicely this season, let's see what A/W 2023-24 brings...

otoh AZ Factory needs a rethink. Alber's sadly premature death has undrestandably thrown all plans for the label off-kilter, but I don't know how long the approach that Richemont is taking, is going to last in his absence. Those are big shoes to fill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->