Is Fashion In a Period of Stasis? Why Isnt Fashion Getting Better? Are we in a Rut?

^ From what I've read, Kim having difficulty getting (i.e., borrowing) the designer goods hasn't changed. What I would really like to know is how much of that is that she's tacky (at least it's an honest tacky), and how much has to do with her size.

If you're talking about Kendall Jenner, is that really nepotism? Because no one in her family is big in the fashion business ... are they? I think some of her success is attributable directly to ... her.

^All of the Kardashian's connections to the fashion industry are due to one word: Kanye.

As for her contract with EL, yes she got that because of herself: The fact that she's famous and has a young fan base, and the fact that she has 20 million followers on instagram,which is constantly stressed in articles about her landing the gig. But when did the followers of instagram equate to being entitled/or fit the criteria to landing an Estee Lauder contract? It's all because the industry has changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fashion recycles, but I'm also tired of seeing every designer replicating the "it" bag style each season or year. Gucci recently launched a floral collection that was meant to go to its roots -- the vintage floral print used decades ago -- in attempt to boost revenue. I think brands embrace new designs until sales decline, then they return to the tried and true and stay there in its safety for a bit.

^All of the Kardashian's connections to the fashion industry are due to one word: Kanye.

As for her contract with EL, yes she got that because of herself: The fact that she's famous and has a young fan base, and the fact that she has 20 million followers on instagram,which is constantly stressed in articles about her landing the gig. But when did the followers of instagram equate to being entitled/or fit the criteria to landing an Estee Lauder contract? It's all because the industry has changed.

I do think though if Kendall hadn't started model for big name designers like chanel and Marc Jacobs and being in vogue, she would never have gotten the Estee lauder contract. I think EL saw her as somewhat more respectable after she was getting these kinds of jobs(which she seems to only have acquired through good connections and not because of talent and merit), so they gave her a contract because she seemed relevant to both the fashion crowd and the social networking youth. If it wasn't for those gigs she got, Estee lauder probably would've ignored her no matter how popular she is on instagram because her family has an unsavory reputation that they would not want associated with their brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->