Bravo's NYC Prep

"OMFG, These Kids Today"
June 23, 2009

Given our Gossip Girl obsession, I felt the need to weigh in on the situation that is NYC Prep, fashion news or not.

While I anxiously await Daily Intel’s highly specific (and sure to be hilarious) recap, I’ll just share a few quick thoughts.

I was obviously expecting an abundance of egregious behavior and inflated egos from these privileged youth… they were worse than expected. It was kind of nauseating to watch. Fictional romps on GG = good. Real kids acting like a-holes, not so much. Note: PC, sir, you are no Chuck Bass.

Plus, I was less than impressed by the clothing—which is supposed to be one of their “things”, yes? Personal shoppers do not a stylish girl (or boy) make. And Sebastian, really with the hair? We think Rolando could give you some serious advice.

Blair, Chuck, Serena, and even Little J would be so disappointed.

Fashion quote of the show for sure was from Jessie’s friend, Zoe: “I wear clothes that are less than $20 sometimes.” I don’t even have words…

Are these kids giving their private school counterparts across the country a bad name? Or just our fair city of New York? I, for one, have never been more proud of my public school diploma.

Yet, I know I will still watch every episode of this silly show. What does that say about me? Are you with me? Or are you a more culturally sound person?

fashionista

I'm sorry but is this the best Bravo can come up with? These prepsters look so inbred. They should have just casted gorgeous models so at least this "reality" show would be easier to stomach.

They are in NY, they should have just did another model type show or something, I presumed since these kids have wealthy parents that they would be interesting looking or gorgeous, but they aren't and most of them are like 15 or 16, plus they weren't even any parts while they are in school, well it was only the first episode.

The only person I can respect thus far is Taylor's mom, telling her daughter to put her phone down. I can't stand when someone holds onto their phone the whole day as if they can't live without people texting them.

I'm sorry but is this the best Bravo can come up with?

True. My God. We've succumbed to watching youngsters. :shock:

And they aren't even 18, so what parents in their right mind would allow their kids to be on TV represented in this way?

Ahhh.... That would be the same parents who LIVE in the Hamptons and let their kids live in an uber apartment all by themselves at 16 and just check up on them on the weekend.

The only person I can respect thus far is Taylor's mom, telling her daughter to put her phone down. I can't stand when someone holds onto their phone the whole day as if they can't live without people texting them.

I'll say an amen to that! :flower: In the beginning, of the cell phone craze, people used to more so just carry a cell phone in their bag or whatever, and mainly used it for emergencies or exchanging important or time critical information. Now days, though, most people I know carry their cell phone in their hand, because they can't actually stay off it long enough to put it away in their bag or pocket. :rolleyes:

^ I keep mine off a lot of times. My time is MY TIME.

Never ceases to amaze me how people let themselves become tethered.

^ I keep mine off a lot of times. My time is MY TIME.

Never ceases to amaze me how people let themselves become tethered.

Same here. I keep my off, because one, I don't pay much attention to it, and the battery dies pretty quick, so, I just turn it on when I really need it. And two... um, I really don't want people contacting me and expecting me to reply within minutes or even seconds, at any given time of the day or night. :innocent:

I seriously thinks there needs to be some CPAA (cell phone addicts anonymous) groups out there, I know plenty of people who have a serious, unhealthy addiction to their cell phones. :ninja:

This show will run for 1 season and die.
It's being ridiculed and made a mockery of.
I almost feel bad.
But that's what you get when you try and be a Blair, a Serena or a Chuck (PC=PATHETIC)
Just thought I would share how disgusted I am with this show,
what has reality television come to..

I just wish they could get some attractive kids. I mean damn most of the kids aren't even average looking. I knew most of the blue bloods were inbred but this is sad. Half the kids have lazy eyes and the other half have bulging eyes.

^I don't think that really matters. They aren't hired actors, so I wouldn't shoot below the belt that way.

It's being ridiculed and made a mockery of.

I read a review of it in my local paper which isn't even a national newspaper, and even they think this show is a complete waste of time.

I've been reading the blogs of the 3 of the 4 girls in BravoTV, and it sheds some light on the situations they have. Most of them look back at what they said and try to clear it up. And, many of them feel like such big deals at the time aren't big deals anymore.

^It's totally pathetic, whoever put this together should be [fill in the blank]

is it me or does the blonde girl that supposedly loves fashion look like her eyes are cross-sighted? haha i couldn't help but notice it the whole time she did her solo parts in the show...

I only like Jessie because she seems mostly like me
I hate Sebastien and PC(what kind of name is that)
anyways those guys are d**k heads especially PC why does he even have friends
Sebastien isnt even remotely cute enoguh to think he can date whoever he wants

I just wish they could get some attractive kids. I mean damn most of the kids aren't even average looking. I knew most of the blue bloods were inbred but this is sad. Half the kids have lazy eyes and the other half have bulging eyes.

omg my best friend said the same thing abot the inbred part:lol:
but i dont wanna be rude but these kids arent pleasing to the eye
im not saying i look like a god:lol: but seriously these kids need to buy
some new personalities...Im the same age as them(jus graduated) and im proud to be in the upper middle class living normally and not being spoiled to death..they are going to reret it after they watch it

I only like Jessie because she seems mostly like me
I hate Sebastien and PC(what kind of name is that)
anyways those guys are d**k heads especially PC why does he even have friends
Sebastien isnt even remotely cute enoguh to think he can date whoever he wants

PC is short for Peter Carey.

I am PO'ed by PC's attitude as well. When he threw the water bottle at Jessie and just laughed it off, yeah... that'll definitely get you girls. "It's not as if I got water all over her!" Yeah, that's not the point.

PC is short for Peter Carey.

I am PO'ed by PC's attitude as well. When he threw the water bottle at Jessie and just laughed it off, yeah... that'll definitely get you girls. "It's not as if I got water all over her!" Yeah, that's not the point.

Yeah, throwing a water bottle at her was just unessecary, and childish.

I once had a boy throw his Chapstick at me...repeatedly. I think he liked me, and wanted to get my attention, but I was like, "Mmm...throwing Chapstick at a girl...how...romantic?!" Boys really need to work on the methods they use to win over a girl. :lol: :rolleyes:

And I might add, Peter Carey actually has a nice sound to it, PC though, makes me thing of PCs as in personal computers. :innocent: Except my PC (personal computer) is so much cooler than PC on "NYC Prep". :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I wish they had at least picked good looking kids for the show. I know it's been said here, but most of them look tragically bad. If I'm watching a show about the good life, I at least want to be looking at pretty faces.

Other than that, I can't comment much on the show as I've only seen the preview episode. I can't see myself obsessing over it, but it seems entertaining enough. It made me be glad I'm not rich like they are. I don't want my kids to be that rich either. The world these kids are growing up and exposed into is not something I'd want for myself.

There's nothing wrong with being rich. Wealth can be used to provide children with a wonderful childhood and opportunities that would otherwise be out of their reach - extracurricular activities; private schools; travel; etc. etc.

The main prob. with these kids is that their parents are out of the picture. Thus, the kids grow up without any boundaries , exposed too early to the world, and have to fend for themselves before being mature enough to do so.

They should have done a show about 20 somethings, socialites, being bitchy and working in fashion.
I just cannot waste my time watching bratty entitled tweens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->