Bravo's The Fashion Show

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by papa_levante, May 6, 2009.

1. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

The commercials alone don't tell me squat. :doh:

But, I think it's Project Runway with more clothes from the contestants ??

Who's going to be watching this?

2. lmelanie

lmelanie Active Member

i will def watch the first episode to see if its any good..i guess project runway is moving to lifetime but who knows when it will premier?

3. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict The future is stupid

4. retailqueen

retailqueen New Member

5. CallItTreason

CallItTreason New Member

Merlin makes me scream. He's such a bitch, not the good kind of reality show bitch either.

6. MyNameIs

MyNameIs Active Member

Thanks retailqueen for that youtube link. I just watched and here are some thoughts.

As bitchy as Merlin is, I think Daniella is worse. Merlin is more like, what you see is what you get, type of thing. And he's very entertaining in a walking mess type of way. Daniella is just cold and coniving. I loved how she played the spoiled brat when Kelly announced that their team won. It felt so calculated that she wanted them to notice her being 'upset' which would give her a chance to rat out on Merlin. And the whole comment about what Merlin said (although very bitchy, but kinda funny considering what Merlin looks like) was neither here nor there. Glad judges kinda shot her down.

Out the looks, I agree, I didn't think any item was must have. I suppose the hammer pants are the most 'in' right now, but I hate them and they were all poorly made. The jacket and the skirt/dress felt so old and high school project-ish. With that said, there were some good looks there. I loved the winning look. I thought the dress was really cool and the styling, the model, etc everything was great. And I also agree with the person who got sent home. He seemed lost. His design was lame. And I lol'ed so hard when the model tried to walk in that skirt.

Team pant
    I didn't like anybody's design, but if I had to pick one, I'd say the girl who paired her pant with a cardigan and that scarf thing.

Team skirt
    I really liked two looks. One, the skirt with that white tip with that tassle thing hanging down. The other, the one with that flowery top and red belt. I also didn't think the girl who ended in the bottom two did that terrible a job, but i guess someone had to be there.

Team jacket
    Again, the winning look was great. And I liked Merlin's look too. It looked very complicated but seemed finished and well made. Also it was different.

Also, did I spot one of the models who were on Make Me a Supermodel?

7. retailqueen

retailqueen New Member

i love Merlin too. he is OTT but that's just his personality.
    Daniella is condescending, i don't like her.
    I like the guy who worked for Vivienne Westwood.

and yeah the MMSA was Shannon i think, the very tall girl.

8. Jacque Marcel

Jacque Marcel army of lovers

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Merlin is just wacko, but his first outfit wasn't bad. I like James Paul's winning look and he's an ex Westwood employee. I wonder who worked there longer, him or Christian Siriano?

9. simons

simons Member

i didnt hate it but it was kind of boring.. i'm not buying it. i love the winning outfit.
    that dude that went home should have but i was curious to know what he was capable of in menswear..

10. LolaSvelt

LolaSvelt New Member

Kelly Rowland? What a random presenter!

11. from: sophia

It was so awful admittedly I might still watch the next episode to see if it gets any better this is not Project Runway. The winners outfit was good but I think it was overall very disappointing.

12. designerleather

designerleather New Member

ROTFL For the life of me I scratched my head so hard trying to figure that one out.

Heck, I could even see some of the Housewives who would have made more sense

13. Libra Skye18

Libra Skye18 New Member

I love this show. Kelly did seem like a odd choice at first glance but her presence has been great on the show. Thus far my favorite designers are Anna & Reco. B)

14. MyNameIs

MyNameIs Active Member

LOL, I'm watching this. I can't help it.

Kelly being the host still cracks me up though. She's always like, "What is THAT?" or "I like THAT". or "I wouldn't wear THAT". Haha. "Is that a blue bow? I know EXACTLY where you were going with THAT." Isaac M is pretty informative though and to the point.

This last episode. Wish that other woman had won the elimination challenge. Her look was so chic. It screamed Lanvin to me. I actually didn't care at all for that winning black number. I thought it was kind of tacky.

15. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

:judge: Merlin.

This show isn't half bad. Just another Project Runway. I don't see the big difference except for a real runway with "actual" buyers.

16. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict The future is stupid

The only reason I'm even watching this show is because I adore Isaac Mizrahi:wub:

17. DarkChyld

DarkChyld New Member

fashion show

Me too. Isaac Mizrahi is the best. However, I would like to see someone else more known than Kelly Rowland. She's been in the shadow of Destiny's Child and Beyonce for so long, it's odd to see her play fashionista on reality television. But I love Isaac Mizrahi. He's great.

18. MyNameIs

MyNameIs Active Member

LMAO, loved how Daniella got shut down at judging. Again. She's the least likeable of all the people there. Can't stand her.

The little people group is totally awesome though. Lidiya and Merlin are such a hoot duo. Haha.

Isaac is actually really knowledgeable and entertaining. I didn't like him at all before this (not that I knew much about him or anything), but I'm pleasantly surprised. Kelly is still as useless as ever, but she is looking SO pretty.

19. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

SPOT ON! I love that team name even if they didn't pick it. They either short, Asian or both. :lol:

I also wonder how she managed to nab the spot of host of this show. She definitely wouldn't make ANY list of mine if I had to make one for possibly fashion hosts.

20. MyNameIs

MyNameIs Active Member

LOL, someone else should be watching this so we can talk about it.

Anyway, last episode was good. It's getting better (that, or I'm getting used to its suckiness). Danialla is no longer the most annoying person. That title now belongs to Reco. What a douche. I hated that he won. Not because I hate him, but because I thought his dress wasn't anything special. It may have been a decent idea, but the execution was bad. The skirt part was all kinds of wrong. It had no shape. Don't know why they were all over that. I thought Daniella's dress was better, but I HATED how it didn't fit in the boobs area on the model. It was bugging me so bad. Therefore, I thought Angel should've won. I loved her look. It was perfect.

Glad Lidia got to stay. It would've been a shame for her to get eliminated before half the people that are still there. I didn't even think her dress was THAT bad. IMO, Merlin should've been in the bottom two instead.

#20 MyNameIs, May 29, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : May 29, 2009