Project Catwalk UK

What did everyone think of the first episode? I recorded it and watched it today. (I also noticed it was repeated today on Sky One at 4pm)

I can't remember the names of the contestants/designers.....but the winners design was one of my top picks, if not a little short!:lol: But my other favourite was, I think from Lucia (?) the white waistcoat (great button detail) and full skirt with pockets. That was the one design I could see people wearing and on a catwalk.

I thought all the contestants lacked in flair/talent.
If you compare the first round of designs with that of the first series, you can obviously see that this is on a much lower level. For me, there were no stand-outs. I struggled to even like one design from the offering. The only dress I leaned toward was the green patterned one which was going to be velcro-ed, but that design was nothing innovative, New Look is filled with that type of stuff come summertime every year. So...

I wasnt impressed with most of the designs, and no one stood out for me other than the guy who won this week (but i think that was more for the red pvc boots he was wearing earlier in the show)

Im looking forward to seeing how they improve, cant wait till tomorrow night

^^^ bah evil woman having sky!:lol:

although i cant say i was very surprised at the similarities with the outfits most of the material being used off the tuxedos. Also i do feel abit sorry for them with tara palma T being the inspiration:ninja:

I dont think she was the best task to have in the first week, think with tpt and the material, it limited their capabilities.

Dont worry em, wont tell u what happens till u seen it. godbless sky1

What did everyone think of the bikini episode that aired Monday night?

^Personally, i didn't like it. None of them did anything that was inspiring, it was just plain and boring.

Is anyone in the same sucky situation as me? Ntl being bought by virgin media means my sky channels have disappeared.:cry: No project catwalk.:(

Is there anywhere to watch the episodes online?

Ok, have just wasted my evening watching all of the series so far on youtube.

Thoughts so far: I hate, hate, hate this series. I don't know if part of it is them trying to spice it up in order to increase viewing figures, but something has changed and it's not good at all.

First -all the designers are just BAD. Wayne (winner of the first challenge) is the only one with any talent, but even he is hit-and-miss and predictable, with dubious technical skills. Part of this is perhaps that they made a lot of the early challenges group challenges, so you didn't get so see what designers were personally capable of, but my overall impression is that the designers are just not good.

In the first series the designers were all technically competant -even those whose style I didn't approve of (Shakeel, Debbie, Renato) could construct three piece, detailed outfits within the time constraint and seemed to be guided by some kind of personal style. Plus there were total stars like Christopher, Kirsty and Leslie who actually had visible talent, whose work I actually looked forward to seeing. In the first series it seemed like the challenge was a conceptual one -seeing how talented people responded to interesting challenges.

None of the new designers seem to have the same level of technical competance, they spend the whole time whinging about having to use sewing machines. They seem to be more focused on staying in the competition than creating beautiful garments or ones that reflect their own personal vision.

What I liked about PC 1 was that everyone seemed to have integrity and love for fashion: they would always feel for someone who was creating something rubbish, they would praise stuff which was good, they gave honest feedback and they said they 'wanted to be successful fashion designers' rather than that 'they wanted to beat everyone else on project catwalk'. I actually had respect for them as designers. It might be that the designers in the new series are younger, or that they're focusing less on their overall approach to their career in fashion, but I don't take any of them seriously as fashion professionals: they seem like reality show contestants. Even their personal style is, on the whole, just BAD.

Also, and sorry to be so blunt, but they are horrible, nasty b*tches and I don't want any of them to have any success in life at all. They are scheming, and conniving, and egotistical and seem to think there's something so cool about trashing someone else on TV. And the show is totally encouraging this personal sniping -it's really depressing to watch and it means I can't root for any of them at all.

I remember in PC 1 when Leslie left because she wanted to retain her professional integrity and refused to b*tch on her team-mates. I really respected that dignity -and I think it speaks of a more serious approach to fashion, seeing it as a career. Anyone who watched PC 1 would happily hire her. You would never want to come into extended contact with, let alone hire, anyone from PC 2. They'd have an absolute screaming, bitching, crying breakdown if you asked them to sew a hem. They're making such utter fools of themselves.

I want Christopher to come back and for him to be rightfully annointed as king of the fashion design reality show world.

in canada we got a new channel slice and lo and behold episode 1 was on monday night

Elegance.Is.Refusal. said:
Also i do feel abit sorry for them with tara palma T being the inspiration:ninja:

There were WAY too many "design for a B celebrity" challanges in series 2....challanges that could of stood alone (design a wedding dress, design lingere, design a swimsuit) *had* to throw a crap celebrity in there. Such a cop-out.

I *finally* watched the Series Two finale yesterday.

I think it's interesting that while the show has been over for more than a month I was able to watch the show with zero spoilers. Until I watched it, I had no idea who the winner was. It seems that there has no press for the winner.

Series Two was a bit of a let down though. While I agree with the winner (I shall not spoil it here) it wasn't that much of a surprise. I would have thought that after Series One there would be a bigger and better talent pool as has been the case with Project Runway in the US. That doesn't appear to be the case.

I'd be curious if there will be a Season Three. I thought some of the b-level celebrity challenges were so dull. I hated that they constantly tried to pit people against each other and create drama by asking "who is the worst designer here?" every week.

And hey, why wasn't Series One winner Kirsty at the finale? I think I saw Debbie sitting next to someone who looked like Alan Cumming? It would have been nice to have an update on Kirsty's career as well as the others.

Project Catwalk is casting again...looks like there *will* be a season 3. There was an official posting on a password protected section of my college website.

Lets hope for 1000% less celeb challanges!

Any news on Series 3?

Will Kelly Osbourne be the host? I actually found her to be alright for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->