Brooklynite Hipsters

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by redoxidated, Dec 27, 2003.

View Users: View Users
  1. redoxidated

redoxidated New Member

Are there any web portals into the world that was, where I might eavesdrop on trends? I'm considering a trip to see for myself...

2. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

3. Serena

Serena New Member

go to Citysearch.com, and look up any neighborhood you want under "New York". Williamsburg still has some cool & affordable restaurants & bars, but it never really took of completely. It's kind of still in a not-so-nice area, and unless you're coming from downtown Manhattan it's kind of out of the way. It's just few blocks that were revived, few streets & that's it. It's not like East Village or Lower East Side in terms of beind really developed. If you're thinking of coming here, one day & evening is probably enough to explore all the best places. Major plus: plenty of parking!

4. Sugo

Sugo New Member

Oh my is Williamsburg a hassle to get to...
    I live down by Coney Island...but I make it out ot Laila Lounge once in a while.
    What are some good lounges/restaurants to go to?
    I usually just head to the city so I'm not too familiar with Williamsburg.

5. Salope

Salope New Member

6. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

:lol: I have a good friend named Laila. Now I guess we have to go and check it out.

I've only been to Williamsburg once, to go to a party. The party wasn't too hipster-dominated, although I did see an interesting fashion statement that incorporated shiny spandex leggings. :p

7. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

my friend lives/has a recording studio there. so i hang there once in a while- I dont like to hang out there really- it isnt as exciting as the hype. :unsure: there is a boutique, ISA on 6th street i like, but havnt been to in a long time, sinse i rarely shop there. and ive been to deitch brooklyn ( gallery) - but nothing in williamsburg is really that amazing . like serena mentioned, its really just a few blocks that were revived. still a lot of old polish mom and pop shops exist , etc. basicaly , the rents are cheaper than manhattan, so you will always find many 20-30 somethings, usually musicains and artists dwelling in these types of areas.

Im from the east village / LES so willaimsburg to me is almost just an "extension "of avenue A / east village.

but there is an online magazine,arcade that had a willaimsburg issue last year ...or 2 :unsure: its probably in the archive . You should go and check it out B)