Burberry F/W 2019.20 London

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 17, 2019.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

4. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

5. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

6. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

Absolutely abysmal.

Tisci is a disaster here. I actually think it’s such a wrong move for Burberry to become so “un-British.” Sure - he’s playing with the clichés, but his sensibility is just so Italian. Such a misfit here.

7. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

too incoherent imo...
    some nice looks here and there, but it's a bit of a mess.

guimon, Your Anchor, TheoG and 3 others like this.
  8. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Such a mess. Some nice pieces here and there but overall the styling is bad. The rest of the looks are vile. The casting isn't so amazing this time either.

guimon, entten and jeanclaude like this.
  9. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

I was watching the livestream but at the middle of the show I decided to go to sleep.

best decision of my day.

10. Morgane07

Morgane07 Well-Known Member

Ugly. I couldn't believe it while I was watching it. So far whether it's NY or London, the collections have been depressing. I didn't have high expectations to start with but there's very little I've liked.

LiquidDiamond and jeanclaude like this.
  11. mathiaskatz

mathiaskatz Well-Known Member

The styling is messy but I think there are some good pieces in there.

12. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

The gold dress! :wub::wub::wub:

For some reasons, I didn’t expect something different from his first collection but it was surprising to see the line-up this time. It felt less incoherent than for the first show...

But at the same time, because it was following the first collection, it was very gimmicky.
    Don’t get me wrong, there are some fabulous pieces like the outerwear, the shoes in the bourgeois section, some fabulous blouses and good tailoring...But as a whole and with more than 100 looks, it was just too much.

I don’t hate it because I already know what I will buy but this really shows that he has that commercial pressure over him. And I expect his Burberry collections to be like that for at least 2 more seasons.

He is still the best IMO at doing streetwear. Too bad he used that much logos.

But that Burberry check is really horrible. Bailey in his glory days managed to make it chic but Riccardo needs to concentrate on his new monogram that is far more appealing.

I guess the Givenchy customer is happy right now.

ghostwriter10549 likes this.
  13. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

Once again I'm not enthralled by the whole edgy, punk section. It feels forced and reflects Givenchy too much. It lacks that authentic British sensibility that he's trying so hard to do that would come natural to someone who was from there. The more posh part of the show is far better. Less exciting but there solid looks that I like a lot.

14. Scouting Snapper

Scouting Snapper Active Member

the second half to me is amazing ...some of the menswear is sensational...rip to my budget...

Ed.. likes this.
  15. Ruito

Ruito Active Member

If he isn't laid off before! Let's see how it goes with the sales from the first collection.

Not Plain Jane likes this.
  16. Ruito

Ruito Active Member

Somehow I dislike this collection more than the first.

17. donyan

donyan Active Member

it’s a completely incoherent scattering if looks that are neither strong enough for a ‘wow’ effect nor beautiful clothes for real life . Burberucci for the Instageneration

YohjiAddict and jeanclaude like this.
  18. IloveDiorHomme

IloveDiorHomme Well-Known Member

His first show as "OK", there were a LOT to deal with but there was still some little coherence.

This second collection is a complete mess. Too many things going on, directions, heavy styling. And we've seen it all before either at Burberry by Bailey or during his tenure at Givenchy.

So, this collections is completely useless and repetitive.

19. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

Please God helps us, this is awful. The first collection was happy but this one feels like the leftovers of the first collection. No thank you.

20. orchidee

orchidee Active Member

The more polished looks are nice, but it's such a messy collection overall. It's like he's just throwing a bunch of stuff out there to see what sticks because he doesn't know yet what direction he wants to take the house in.

jeanclaude and Not Plain Jane like this.
  21. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

1. 106 looks...why??? Editing is your friend!!
    2. First part is Givenchy with Burberry logos (the hair in models reinforce this feeling).
    3. When he finished first part, it feels like someone in the exec team told him -"Hey, Riccardo, you gotta make something who looks british, you know?"...
    4. ...and then he created the second part, full of poshness classical british cliches, for the preppie Burberry customer out there!
    5. All this feels very bipolar, two collections in one to try to please everyone again.

#20 jeanclaude, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019