Burberry F/W 2019.20 London

Such a mess. Some nice pieces here and there but overall the styling is bad. The rest of the looks are vile. The casting isn't so amazing this time either.

Ugly. I couldn't believe it while I was watching it. So far whether it's NY or London, the collections have been depressing. I didn't have high expectations to start with but there's very little I've liked.

The styling is messy but I think there are some good pieces in there.

The gold dress! :wub::wub::wub:

For some reasons, I didn’t expect something different from his first collection but it was surprising to see the line-up this time. It felt less incoherent than for the first show...

But at the same time, because it was following the first collection, it was very gimmicky.
Don’t get me wrong, there are some fabulous pieces like the outerwear, the shoes in the bourgeois section, some fabulous blouses and good tailoring...But as a whole and with more than 100 looks, it was just too much.

I don’t hate it because I already know what I will buy but this really shows that he has that commercial pressure over him. And I expect his Burberry collections to be like that for at least 2 more seasons.

He is still the best IMO at doing streetwear. Too bad he used that much logos.

But that Burberry check is really horrible. Bailey in his glory days managed to make it chic but Riccardo needs to concentrate on his new monogram that is far more appealing.

I guess the Givenchy customer is happy right now.

Once again I'm not enthralled by the whole edgy, punk section. It feels forced and reflects Givenchy too much. It lacks that authentic British sensibility that he's trying so hard to do that would come natural to someone who was from there. The more posh part of the show is far better. Less exciting but there solid looks that I like a lot.

the second half to me is amazing ...some of the menswear is sensational...rip to my budget...

The gold dress! :wub::wub::wub:

For some reasons, I didn’t expect something different from his first collection but it was surprising to see the line-up this time. It felt less incoherent than for the first show...

But at the same time, because it was following the first collection, it was very gimmicky.
Don’t get me wrong, there are some fabulous pieces like the outerwear, the shoes in the bourgeois section, some fabulous blouses and good tailoring...But as a whole and with more than 100 looks, it was just too much.

I don’t hate it because I already know what I will buy but this really shows that he has that commercial pressure over him. And I expect his Burberry collections to be like that for at least 2 more seasons.

He is still the best IMO at doing streetwear. Too bad he used that much logos.

But that Burberry check is really horrible. Bailey in his glory days managed to make it chic but Riccardo needs to concentrate on his new monogram that is far more appealing.

I guess the Givenchy customer is happy right now.
If he isn't laid off before! Let's see how it goes with the sales from the first collection.

Somehow I dislike this collection more than the first.

it’s a completely incoherent scattering if looks that are neither strong enough for a ‘wow’ effect nor beautiful clothes for real life . Burberucci for the Instageneration

His first show as "OK", there were a LOT to deal with but there was still some little coherence.

This second collection is a complete mess. Too many things going on, directions, heavy styling. And we've seen it all before either at Burberry by Bailey or during his tenure at Givenchy.

So, this collections is completely useless and repetitive.

The more polished looks are nice, but it's such a messy collection overall. It's like he's just throwing a bunch of stuff out there to see what sticks because he doesn't know yet what direction he wants to take the house in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->