Céline S/S 11 Paris

dodencebt

Reaction score
Celine_029.jpg
Celine_026.jpg

Celine_022.jpg
Celine_023.jpg

nowfashion.com

I'm not really a fan of the purple / maroon leather looks. They look very odd and demode to me.

all those super loose clothes don't really do it for me....

^me too unflattering and a snoozefest, I wish it had followed along the lines of spring 10 that was a great show and I was excited about Celine again.

The fashion community's sky-high expectation on Phoebe's 3rd runway outing @ Celine. Putting that aside I do find end-tail of the collection refreshing with splashes cols and prints

And well, after posting the pictures of the rather small collection, actually, I shall express my opinion on it. I really liked it a lot when it started off with the whites and the clean, crisp silhouettes, but then it got dreadful.
I really don't think those colorful pieces are Celine at all. It is just.. very sad for my taste.

Overall a nice collection, but nothing to get overly excited about. It simply does not compare to her previous collections. Even her Resort / Cruise was much stronger than this.

I'm also bewildered by the poor colour combinations in this collection. Usually her colour palette looks very modern and dynamic. The Purple / Maroon combination was positively awful.

I'm disappointed by this to be honest. Sure, there are lots of lovely separates for the 'every-day' woman, but I think for the first time there is some much needed luxe missing. Her previous collections were incredibly wearable but they had that understated luxe factor. I missed that here.

I think there's something 'cluttered' about the overall silhouette, especially with the more lengthy tunics over loose trousers. The emphasis of the show on loose-fit trousers couldn't be clearer. I do adore the layering with very minimalistic pieces, it adds dimension but maintains the clean lines of the overall look. That said, the navy plunge dress (http://www.nowfashion.com/wp-conten...-wear-paris-spring-summer-2011/Celine_084.jpg) and the navy jumpsuit (http://www.nowfashion.com/wp-conten...-wear-paris-spring-summer-2011/Celine_094.jpg) are the right things in an undecidedly... odd color. I can't put my finger on it.

It looks very serene. I love the red accent on one of the outfits, the royal blue tops and the burgundy leather. I'm not entirely liking the colour-blocking theme, it looks as if I've already seen it somewhere. Overall a nice sexy minimalistic sportswear collection.

her Cruise collection was much more what i had expected from her....those prints were just bad, the clothes looked like there were hanging from the models, and there were only, like, 2 bags....

maybe our expectations were just too high, i don't know...

The Céline woman does not care for blablas. She'll feel comfortable this summer.

I find myself loving 95% of the collection. I was hoping I'd be in raptures once again, but I feel like there's something a bit weaker this time. That may be because of those awful PJs ( 3rd and 4th looks in #33) or because of that poncho vest (1st look in #26) that looks like the carpet I have in my bathroom.

STILL, most of the collection (and I don't think all the looks have been posted) is great. All this feels very serene. I love all the white looks, especially the kimono vest on Freja, and all the navy pieces. Favourite look so far? The 5th on in #39. That cape jacket is superb :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->