Céline S/S 2012 Paris

Accessories! (style.com)

00030m.jpg
00100m.jpg

00170m.jpg
00520m.jpg

00430m.jpg

I could probably say I'm disappointed since last season's collection was probably the best she's shown since she's been at Céline but I feel as though Phoebe often rotates between forecasting trends, and then creating collections that honor these trends the following season, with more meticulous details and certainly in front of an audience that by the time she presents it, have already digested the parameters she set up in her previous collection. Anyway, this seems to be her report for new shapes/textures/fabrics through a Céline lens, which isn't the most adventurous, that's why it's hard to warm up to this imo. I think F/W 12.13 will a more coherent and commercial version of this, but this is the time to take notes, and I thank Phoebe for that. :D:heart:

I don't really know what to say. Looks like more colorful Calvin Klein, if you ask me...

disappointing collection, down to the bracelets. and what's with those ugly huge belts?? they ruined every outfit, seriously. what was the inspiration for that collection again?

Awww, I quite adore those leather "belt" bracelets; very cool. ^_^

I agree with most on the shoes; they are quite clunky, but high, so they might be difficult to wear.

The big belts - I am mixed on these. I don't like them at the waist typically, as they cut a torso in half, but slung low I think they work. I think she's experimenting with these, as she leaves them undone (like on a biker jacket, at the waist), she cinches them at the waist, and she pushes them low (that's not only 20s/60s, those hipster belts, it's also very 80s).

I absolutely hate clunky shoes so I'm really mad at Phoebe Philo right now. They have this awful effect of ruining a silhouette and make some very good outfits look very awkward. However I think we all know that soon everybody will have them on.
This being said, I think there's a lot of very interesting pieces that should be bought and kept forever. Especially excited about the jackets, they are the best of the season IMO. Also love the little touches of color, the cuts and the accessories. Except the shoes they are seriously amazing. The chokers especially are TDF.
Still, it's a pretty forgetable collection. I almost want to say an inspiration limited one.

The use of volume on the coats, and jackets, is soo ridiculously unflattering, i cant even!! The shoes are horrid as well, but then you have beautiful, light as air, tops, and those stunning pleated skirts....and those beautiful clutches, i dont love it all, but there sure is plenty of good pieces here.

I hope that won't but her in front with Mr. Louboutin ?
00520m.jpg

This does grow on you , but yeah there are some really hideous things , but those bags will fly fly fly lol

Céline | Spring Summer 2012 | Full Show | Exclusive on You Tube (Original Soundtrack)

The bags are great. I don't get a SS feeling from it but I love the coats.
Phoebe can't be the best every season.

I think some of the oversized proportions this season will alienate the Celine customers who are used to the linear aesthetic that Phoebe has put the groundwork for the past few seasons. Aside from the awkwardness of a few jackets and coats, I rather like this

The accessories are on point as always this season. However it all feels a little bit too put together and demure in comparison with the aesthetic of the last three or so collections and the look that I assume Phoebe is trying to establish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->