Calvin Klein Collection F/W 10.11 : Lara Stone by Mert & Marcus

this looks very clean and modern unlike the mess going on in the mens campaign. i think they should have had the ads complement each other or even have male and female shots together.

..with great photographers..:heart::heart:

True enough. But Meisel is not bad either and his Natalia ads were, for the most part, rather awful. Yet he has worked on some of the best ads of the last 20 years.

But of course, the explanation is not simple...What takes it all the way is the fact that Lara has the extra special something.

I love the ads :heart: ,Lara looks amazing, is one of the best CK ads in years.

What a strong campaign so far! I love Lara.
The second picture is my favourite, just brilliant.

There's not something that I had imagined for the campaign after the show, though I must admit it really does work perfectly. Lara works the clothes so well with this vibe of austere androgyny.

I would have preferred to see Stella Tennant or Kristen McMennamy front the campaign (or even better, the two of them!).

I'm actually even scared of thinking how amazing would be that! Quite disappointed they didn't make it to the campaign after such a striking presence at the show.

The new shots are just fantastic! Especially the second one.

I don't really like this,probably because I absolutely hate Lara Stone and everything related with her...
The thing that annoys is that she's not considered a masculine model,so I don't get the reason they chose her for such austere and manly campaign,they should have used a model with more striking features,like Monika Jagaciak

I have to disagree with this. While I am neither here nor there in regards to Lara (and don't really understand why she's treated like the Second Coming of Kate), I think she's only considered a "feminine" model for two rather large reasons between her neck and her waist :innocent: She actually has rather 'strong' features- Vogue US referred to her as "Grace Kelly meets Sandra Bernhard," which is completely accurate if you ask me. She definitely suits the old school Calvin Klein aesthetic of minimalistic androgyny.

That said, I cannot say I get the hype... they're strong images, but certainly nothing groundbreaking. It's a good direction for CK, even if it's a road they've definitely already taken.

I'm actually even scared of thinking how amazing would be that! Quite disappointed they didn't make it to the campaign after such a striking presence at the show.

I agree! That would have been stellar!

This whole campaign is literally flawless. The best one this fall/winter, IMO. Gorgeous

its good , but everyone will look okay with such make-up, such overdose of retouch and such angle- look from frowningly, so its not really lara fault, nor her merit
though clothes looks like a sack, photos do nothin` to showing off clothes which is basically its purpose (maybe, thanks to this terrific contrast). sims (with selezneva) and baron (with suvi) were much better from that standpoint: perfectly accent geometry of silhouette

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that most of the hype comes from the fact that Lara looks absolutely amazing. Though it's true that pratically anyone would look good in M&M's glamour lit images, there's something very different about her here and it's subtle. Ot's a side of her that I've never seen before. The first picture in post 97 illustrates my point. She is the real deal...just..wow :heart:

that first shot is iconic already :heart: simply breathtaking image

Lara is so perfect for this brand, she fits the aesthetics so very well, all the shots are very strong and impressive.

Mesmerizing, breathtaking, iconic - certainly the right words for this campaign :o
(the only thing I slightly dislike is the fact that Lara somehow...doesn't fully look like herself - especially in the first shot. Yes, her bone structure is very sharp but I think a little less photoshopping would've done aswell)

Anyway: :heart: AMAZING work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->