Calvin Klein Collection S/S 2010 : Monika "Jac" Jagaciak by David Sims

God this is awful. I despise Jac for Calvin Klein. She is not Calvin, at all. Natalia Vodianova is Calvin Klein, Gemma Ward is Calvin Klein. There is something unique about the Calvin beauties but also something very refined about them.

Totally agree.
After Natalia Calvin Klein seems to be lost, with horribles campaings.), horrible models (except toni & anna s.), but Monika's ads are definitly the worst:doh::yuk:.
I don't like her as a CK girl, Prada or Fendi girl maybe, but with CK there is no way!

BTW... she seems to be dead. I don't like her face.

Last edited by a moderator:
what a beautiful shot. it looks more like a beauty or perfume campaign than a clothes campaign.

i do love Jac. But you are right masquerade, it really does look like a perfume ad.. it doesn't show enough of the clothes...

^^I too think it is a good photo, but also agree that it seems more fitting for a perfume or beauty campaign.

I really like it. I like Jac a lot more now, and I'm interested in seeing more, not of the shoes :doh:, but of the collection, since it doesn't show that much here. It's much better than last season. Very beautiful.

I need to see more but so far this is way better than last season's ads. It is minimal but there is also emotion in the shot, which is surprisingly good for being a Calvin Klein ad. Like she's not a dead fish or clone like in the Anna Selezneva's ad :yuk:

I'm also loving the wetness of the shot, it's definitely recreating the show's feeling. I'd like to see more shots with key pieces rather than just a big shot of her face, but so far I'm loving it! ^_^

Brilliant ad! It reminds me of good old Natalia's CK jeans ones. Well done Jac :clap:

God this is awful. I despise Jac for Calvin Klein. She is not Calvin, at all. Natalia Vodianova is Calvin Klein, Gemma Ward is Calvin Klein. There is something unique about the Calvin beauties but also something very refined about them.

Jac might be pretty, but she is merely a 15 year old girl and she looks even younger in print. Having children in advertisements, particularly for a house like Calvin Klein which has come to represent the modern, refined woman of today, is ludicrous to me.

There is nothing directional about having a 15-year old girl in your ad campaign. Sorry, but this is nowhere near the level of Natalia's Calvin ads.
now now, i beg to differ. i think she's a great choice for calvin klein as i've always associated it [the brand] with something pervertly sexy about premature girls, be it brooke shields, early kate moss or natalia, who, be frank, despite her age and multiple experienced deliveries, still manages to look extremely young at times and has something girlish about her. so at this point, jac is a spot on choice. time will only prove it as she grows older, i'm sure.

I agree that this doesn't really show off the clothing she's wearing, but it does create quite a mood. I think this kind of advertising (i.e. one that focuses more on brand image more than collection clothing in particular) is quite smart for Calvin Klein.

Unlike many brands, Calvin Klein is a true empire, with clothes as well as accessories et. available at every price point (as opposed to a brand like Chanel which is a v. different kind of empire) . Most people buying its products are not buying Calvin Klein Collection, but they ARE buying clothes with Calvin Klein on the label.

I doubt they'd find this image irreconcilable with their sense of Calvin Klein as a brand. But those same Calvin customers might be put off by a campaign like Anna Selezneva's from a year ago. This type of ad is much more likely to catch their eye.

Still, I'm sure we'll get to see the collection in full detail eventually once the full campaign is out, so I don't think there are grounds to gripe about the clothes being missing from the ads just yet.

The advertising campaign will, I'm sure, have something that appeals to customers shopping at all price points. So instead of complaining about this lone shot, I'd rather just enjoy the picture for what is--a beautiful image--that is, as many people have said, quite consistent with this brand's storied history of using very young models.

i love this so far,Jac looks every good. can wait to see more.

Love it! So calm and simple! Adore

an215u.jpg

For the women’s Calvin Klein Collection campaign, creative director Francisco Costa has again tapped model Jac (Monika Jagaciak), with David Sims shooting the campaign in Carmel, Calif.
wwd.com

David Agbodji for Calvin Klein Collection, shot by Steven Klein

Source: wwd/modelhommes twitter

Jac's two newest photos are still beautiful, however the wideview of the first is definitely not as appealing; she looks a bit uncomfortable and there's a totally different mood.

David Agbodji's..just incredible in the first photo. So Grace Jones. What a buttocks! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->