Calvin Klein F/W 10.11 New York

Full Collection:

vhvo5y.jpg
33zahoh.jpg

mjya2t.jpg
einnes.jpg

nymag.com/fashion/

^
Really :blink:? I didn't get any resemblance of "Balenciaga" from this collection.. at all:doh:.

This is the first New York collection that really stands out for me; it's not gimmicky, overhyped, over-designed or trendy-- just pure design, and true to the Calvin Klein aesthetic without being redundant: Effortless, minimal, refined, and elegant. Modern. Diggin it.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Wonderfully put. And so true.

And can I just say that this is one of the best casts I've seen in a long time...it's genius.

people see Balenciaga in everything, it's bound to show up at some post.

this is a beautiful collection, i love the natural spirit of it. it's not contrived like some of the newer designers trying to show off their skills and putting it all forward at once.

i love this. a nice approach to minimalism.. i wouldnt say its boring but it definitely doesnt have any wow factor. i see so much raf simons in this, especially with the arms on the coats, reminds me of his namesake fall collection.

oh i absolutely agree with the observation about the arms.

overall nicely done collection. it's what i expect from the brand, not exciting or new for costa, but still with nice, refined pieces.

I like the white section a lot but all in all, this collection has a lot of throw away pieces.
It is refreshing seeing purity at NYFW and in fashion in general which is why this collection is appealing but I think that is the only reason it is appealing.

Jil Sander + Narciso+ Calvin= profitable repetition.

I like the white section a lot but all in all, this collection has a lot of throw away pieces...

Really? I think it's perfectly edited without any one piece being contrived: Every look serves as a clean transition to the next; every piece is modern and totally wearable-- there's not one piece that I can observe that's made just for the runway or with editorial in mind. Same with the hair and makeup, it's modern, sleek and slick and once again, totally wearable, but like the design, never mundane.

Calvin Klein has never been about theatrics, the designs, the brand has always been about a sculptural and so refined, it's almost ethereal wearability. And I see Costa understands this so well and is effortlessly gliding-- never pushing, this aesthetic forward.

Somehow it doesn't wow me as the last shows, and I was actually expecting less simplicity since the pre-fall collection seemed quite focused on wavy lines but, anyway, I guess my expectations were just different, this is still lovely, especially the coats.. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->