Cannes Film Festival 2005

MulletProof said:
that's an improvement!

and aishwarya...:huh: :unsure:
I'm thinking maybe Scarlett just didn't realize the comme il faut that she should've been more dressed up even for a promotion during the day...at least that's what I like to think. :P

Golden_butterfly said:
I agree with MulletProof, Kiera Chaplin is really cute !

Aishwarya looks much better at the matchpoint premier :flower:

yes Kiera looks beautiful:woot: :flower:

OlgaKorbut said:
I'm thinking maybe Scarlett just didn't realize the comme il faut that she should've been more dressed up even for a promotion during the day...at least that's what I like to think. :P
i know, she has an experience with the festival though..and she's seen the other actresses..it's more of a cocktail dress-code and not jeans! :D

^ Obviously and I do think she knew that, it's kind of hard not to. It was just some wishful thinking on my behalf. She hasn't been to Cannes before, though, has she?

charlotte rampling knows how to pull off balenciaga like no one else..i guess cause she is styled some similarly as the models in his shows. that dress looks much better on her than pictured anywhere else before..it looks so easy.

I'm curious to see this dress in a full-length shot

Actress Kiera Chaplin, granddaughter of famed actor Charlie Chaplin, poses during red carpet arrivals for the out of competition screening of U.S. director Woody Allen's film 'Match Point' at the 58th Cannes Film Festival May 12, 2005. REUTERS/Vincent Kessler
345,http%3A%2F%2Fus.news1.yimg.com%2Fus.yimg.com%2Fp%2Frids%2F20050512%2Fi%2Fr522232896.jpg

"Bashing" premiere.

Fusako Urabe, Kobayashi Masahiro and Nene Otsuka
bashingcannes.jpg

Kilometre Zero premiere

Nazmi Kirik, Hiner Saleem and Belcim Bilgin
kilometrezero.jpg

Vincent Cassel at Match Point premiere. :heart:
vincentcassel.jpg

...jonathan Rhys meyers :brows:
mathpointcannes1.jpg

^JRM's eyes are about to pop out!:woot:
Ash Rai is so overrated. If she never wore make she will look BLAH coz she is, but that is not to say she does not have an attractive face. She is considered beautiful only because of her green eyes. Julia Roberts apparently said that she was the 'most beautiful woman in the world'. What an overstatement.

Scarlett wore jeans to the 'event' as it was only a photocall/press conference.(not totally sure if they are press conferences though). If you dig out pictures from previous photocalls held at Cannes, then the stars all are dressed casually. they only dress up for the premiere.

Last edited by a moderator:
missy-t1 said:
^JRM's eyes are about to pop out!:woot:
Ash Rai is so overrated. If she never wore make she will look BLAH coz she is, but that is not to say she does not have an attractive face. She is considered beautiful only because of her green eyes.
actually i think she'd look less blah if she'd use less makeup...people could notice her natural beauty. IMO.

she looks like an actress from my country i think:
Sara_S.jpg

missy-t1 said:
Scarlett wore jeans to the 'event' as it was only a photocall/press conference.(not totally sure if they are press conferences though). If you dig out pictures from previous photocalls held at Cannes, then the stars all are dressed casually. they only dress up for the premiere.
Some do, some don't. The following are all from Cannes 2004 photocalls:

Zhang Ziyi, Uma Thurman and Cameron Diaz, all in jeans.

Charlize Theron, Penelope Cruz and Diane Kruger/Rose Burn

Mia Maestro and Salma Hayek at the 'Match Point' Coctail Reception

miasalma5xm.jpg

And two pretty closeups of Scarlett

Attachments

• scarlett3.jpg
    scarlett3.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 33
  • scarlett.jpg
    scarlett.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 40
omg salma looks SOOO hot in the photos in the black dress :woot:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers - oh, my. :heart:

Scarlett looks wonderful (as per usual).

French actress Carole Bouquet poses during a photocall for Argentine director Juan Solanas' film 'Nordeste' showing in the 'Un Certain Regard' section at the 58th Cannes Film Festival, May 13, 2005. REUTERS/Eric Gaillard
345,http%3A%2F%2Fus.news1.yimg.com%2Fus.yimg.com%2Fp%2Frids%2F20050513%2Fi%2Fr3113387444.jpg

^ :lol: love the last pic of Jonathan Rhys Mayers, he looks a bit mad :lol: :heart:

:woot: Scarlett looks so pretty at the Match Point premiere - that dress is lovely :heart:
Nene Otsuka looks stunning - as does Aishwarya even though I don't care for either of her dresses (the second being far better suited to her figure all the same)

I honestly didn't even realize it was time for Cannes - this year has sped by :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->