74167730sm6.jpg

74167871cd9.jpg

74167895ec7.jpg

:woot:
74167965pg5.jpg

[getty]

Here is the Jury of 'Un Certain Regard'

(left to right)
Film critic Bian Qin, script writer Kent Jones, actress Jasmine Trinca, Jury President Pascale Ferran and director Cristi Puiu

cannescertainregardjuryhi8.jpg

[getty]

I'm always so excited every year for the Cannes festival to roll around again! I'm a Film Production major, so anything having to do with film really excites me! I hope some day I'll get to go to Cannes as one of the filmmakers. :D

I wanna see this :shock: SOOOO MUCH :heart:

Le Voyage du Ballon Rouge (english title:Flight of the red Balloon)

year: 2007
genre: fiction
directed by: Hou Hsiao Hsien
cast: Juliette Binoche, Simon Iteanu, Song Fang, Hippolyte Girardot
producer: François Margolin
production: Margo films, Canal +, Région Ile-de-France

synopsis
Simon is 7 years old. His mother Susan, with her puppet shows, university classes and her two children she is raising alone, hasn't got a minute to herself. Song Fang is Simon’s babysitter, she is taiwanese and studies cinema at Paris. On his way home from school, Song Fang leads him through the streets and cafés of his neighborhood, teaches him to play flipper… Simon has another friend too, a strange presence that follows him everywhere : a red balloon flying over the roofs of Paris

[info from cineuropa]

And the press call just took place!

Taiwanese director Hou Hsiao Hsien (L) poses with the cast of his film 'The Flight of the Red Balloon' (Le Voyage du Ballon Rouge), (from L) Taiwanese actress Song Fang, French actresses Louise Margolin and Juliette Binoche and French actors Simon Iteanu and Hippolyte Girardot
redballoon5zf7.jpg

redballoon4bu2.jpg

redballoon3bl9.jpg

redballoon1cb5.jpg

[getty]

I hope Joaquin is there for We Own The Night!

Cannes - Triangle - Photocall

CANNES, FRANCE - MAY 17: Actors Sun Hong Lei, Louis Koo, Simon Yam, directors Ringo Lam, Tsui Hark and Johnnie To attend a photocall promoting the movie 'Triangle' at the Palais des Festivals during the 60th International Cannes Film Festival on May 17, 2007 in Cannes, France. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

thetriangle1wx4.jpg

Okay this film is quite interesting...the three directors, Ringo Lam, Tsui Hark and Johnnie To, each made 30 minute films which combine into the feature length film.
trianglemovie070514beyojt3.jpg

[beyondhollywood]

PARIS — Tsui Hark, Ringo Lam and Johnnie To's Hong Kong-Chinese cop caper "Triangle" is an 11th hour addition to the Cannes Film Festival's Official Selection, its presence having been OK'd by the Chinese authorities.

Each helmer directed about a third of the film, which has a single narrative throughout and stars three of Hong Kong's best-known stars, Louis Koo, Simon Yam and Sun Hong Lei. The three helmers produced via To's shingle Milkyway Image. The film is being sold internationally by Dreamachine.

With its non-political and uncontroversial content, "Triangle" was widely expected to get past China's censors.

But after the brouhaha caused by the unauthorized presence of Lou Ye's "Summer Palace" in competition last year, which landed the helmer with a five-year filmmaking ban, fest organizers decided to play it safe and not program "Triangle" until getting China's official stamp of approval.

The authorities announced Wednesday that the film had passed the board of censors and could travel outside the country.

Pic will screen out of competition at 12.20 a.m. on Thursday night/Friday morning. "Triangle" has a French distribution deal in place with Wild Side Films, Wild Bunch's genre label. It is slated for a Dec. 12 release on 60-80 prints.
[from variety.com]

more on Le Voyage du Ballon Rouge:
Le Voyage du Ballon Rouge (English language: Flight of the Red Balloon), first part in a new series of films produced by Musée d'Orsay, tells the story of a French family as seen through the eyes of a Chinese Student. The film was shot in August and September 2006 on location in Paris. This is Hou Hsiao-Hsien's first western film.

The film will open the Un Certain Regard section of the Cannes Film Festival in May 2007.
[wikipedia]

Here are some stills from the film :flower:, and filming production, now I'm even more excited!!!!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[allocine.fr]

Last edited by a moderator:
here is the poster for 'Un Certain Regard'

regard.jpg

[cineoggi.it]

:buzz: wow, is le voyage du ballon rouge some sort of remake or at least inspired on Le Ballon Rouge??, it looks like it..!, that's one of my favorite movies of all time, it's so beautiful.. I cried at the end. :P :wub:

2nd-Red-Balloon.jpg

[treehugger]

thanks for the interview, sethii!, sounds like a remake indeed! :o :heart:

Coming to Lamorisse’s film fifty years after it was made, what did you make of it?
My first reaction on seeing it was that it showed certain realities of Paris in 1956. It shows the city’s ambience, and the social system of the time. The focus on the various constraints surrounding the child is revealing: he is forbidden to do things at home, at school, on the bus ... He doesn’t have enough space to live, but at the same time the fi lm gives a sense of the new, post-war freedoms around him. Kids today don’t have such freedoms. I didn’t think of the red balloon itself in metaphorical terms; I think the fi lm shows cruel realities.

Thanks Sethii and Mullet - Le Ballon Rouge sounds very promising...

The premiere for the film is just taking place now ^_^

ballonrouge1dx5.jpg

brilliant sethii :heart: ... i love juliette and i'm also very curious about un certain regard.

How exactly do they show the movies with an international audience? Do they have multiple subtitles?

I'm not sure. I know that when an english language film was shown it was given french subtitles.

I'd be interested to see this, the international title is 'The Banishment' the other title is 'Izgnanie'. The director is so good, that with his first feature film he won the golden lion in venice!!! (2003) :king: Here in Cannes, it has been nominated for the Golden Palm.

Andrey Zvyagintsev ("The Return" ) has once again chosen as the object of his examination one of the most interesting and difficult, yet evident and ordinary components of human existence - the family. But unlike "The Return" in which the attention of the director and viewers was focused on a father and his sons, the protagonists of "The Banishment" are a husband and wife, a man and a woman. The dramatic character og a human situation. The nature of love. Betrayal. The necessity to choose. Misunderstanding. Death. Revelation... All of these generalized words materializing in the characters and their circumstances, become piercing facts of both normal domestic life and of a higherexistence.

Izganie just had it's photocall so I guess the premiere will be this evening ^_^

Director Andrei Zviaguintsev, actors Marie Bonnevie and Konstantin Lavronenko attend a photocall promoting the movie 'Izgnanie' during the 60th International Cannes Film Festival on May 18, 2007 in Cannes, France. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[getty]

And stills from the film itself:
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[telegraph]

If you are interested, there is a longer article from the moscow times here :flower:
[/FONT]http://context.themoscowtimes.com/print.php?aid=176715

I think I have a crush on her :crush:

edit: trailer!

music is a bit overpowering, but isn't it beautiful O.O

TFS is being strange with thumbnails...won't let us see full sized images :cry: sorry! We can drag them around for fun though :D

okay imageshack thumbnails from now on! >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->