66th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2013

When people say Cannes was boring in terms of fashion I'm wondering what on earth will impress you? There have been outfits in every color of the rainbow and with every style under the sun represented-- from minimalist to flamboyant. Unless you just don't like dresses I can't see how the parade of high fashion is boring.

I agree. I think has been oppposite of boring. I have seen amazing outfits.

"The Immigrant" Premiere 24 May, 2013

StarFace

Last edited by a moderator:
zoe saldana in ungaro
sara forestier in giambattista
liya kebede in alberta ferretti
doutzen in versace
nicole kidman in dior
sofia coppola in louis vuitton

best looks for me!

When people say Cannes was boring in terms of fashion I'm wondering what on earth will impress you? There have been outfits in every color of the rainbow and with every style under the sun represented-- from minimalist to flamboyant. Unless you just don't like dresses I can't see how the parade of high fashion is boring.

About 90% of the dresses have been either eurotrash Roberto Cavalli gowns in some sort of animal print or rhinestone encrusted Elie Saab dresses in every shade of the rainbow. The show-stopping, memorable red carpet outfits have been few and far in between.

I can't stop looking at the woman in the background's outfit in the forth pic of post #138 Jeeeeeez

About 90% of the dresses have been either eurotrash Roberto Cavalli gowns in some sort of animal print or rhinestone encrusted Elie Saab dresses in every shade of the rainbow. The show-stopping, memorable red carpet outfits have been few and far in between.

i'd say 90% of the dresses have been dior...
i've only seen a few cavalli or saab dresses based on the id's in this thread...

^About half (or more) of the dresses at Amfar are Cavalli. Except for the key attendees are premieres, I feel like a lot of the women attending are in Cavalli/Elie Saab.

Olga Kurylenko at Vanity Fair and Chanel’s dinner in Cannes
http://postimg.org/image/pylx1u1qf/
mirnah.tumblr.com

I just saw this picture on Tumblr (can't find anything better) and I totally LOVE this look. Any ID's please? :blush:

Alexander Wang according to one site (which has a high res version of the picture too:(

http://styleaddict.com.au/blog/

It does kind of remind me of the dress Karlie Kloss wore to LE BAL,during Paris Fashion Week (mainly the cut outs near the neck) now that I think about it

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I'm not saying everything is boring and ugly but I saw better Cannes festival in terms of fashion, in my opinion. :P

Saturday 25 Photocalls & Red Carpet
Emmanuelle Seigner, Nicole Kidman, Alice Englert, Tilda Swinton, Bianca Balti, Zhang Ziyi, Audrey Tautou

Emmanuelle Seigner, Tilda Swinton

zimbio

Emmanuelle & Bianca :blush:
Nicole Kidman looks great too!

Can't wait for tonight!

^About half (or more) of the dresses at Amfar are Cavalli. Except for the key attendees are premieres, I feel like a lot of the women attending are in Cavalli/Elie Saab.

The Amfar gala is a side-event, it's not part of the Film Festival. Maybe it shouldn't even be posted in this topic.

I've seen better Cannes festivals but there are so many dresses to choose from, I'm not disappointed at all. Audrey Tautou and Nicole Kidman were flawless all along. Marion Cotillard and Carey Mulligan had good moments too.

I probably forgot other people too, I have to browse the thread again, I was too lazy to click on all the thumbnails...:innocent:

for my taste it was the overload on Elie Saab designs as well Cavalli.
I really like Elie before this whole craziness- now everybody looks the same.

Audrey Tautou always looks so cute, I adore her style. And I love her with short hair, she's just one of those women who look so good with a pixie cut.

'Zulu' Premiere and Closing Ceremony

zimbio

We should count how many Dior dresses were worn during the festival ^_^

I agree that there was far too much of certain design houses that clearly spend a lot of money bribing celebrities to wear their clothes. It'd be nice if stylists could seek out lesser known brands and give them a boost by pulling their clothes for these junkets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->