b9.jpg

0cc.jpg
1c3.jpg
the coat

3c.jpg
b2.jpg
0c.jpg

I thought she was so beautiful:heart:

No Kate Moss could ever level her elegance and style.

Such a sophisticated and accomplished woman.....it was a tragedy :cry:

She always looked so classy and pulled together, even walking her dog. John Jr. was quite stylish also.

ShoeLady said:
She always looked so classy and pulled together, even walking her dog. John Jr. was quite stylish also.
I agree! I love them both :smile:

Is that her and Narciso Rodriguez (who designed her wedding dress) ?

attachment.php

chicliving said:
Does anyone know the maker of that beautiful camel coat that she wore a lot. It has two flap pockets and a belt?

wasnt it Prada? I know she wore a lot of Prada at one point.

liberty33r1b said:
Is that her and Narciso Rodriguez (who designed her wedding dress) ?
Yes it is Narciso, they were friends :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to say that I'm familiar with the simplycarolyn website and I hope you all have asked for permission before attaching the pix. It's a great site and fuels my fascination of her and I would hate for the administrator to shut it down.

That said, is anyone else disappointed with the transition of her style upon her marriage? The dirty blonde, exciting, night life girl suddenly washed off the make up and tried to make her style as plain as possible. I admit her style became classic but her technique of whitening her face and disappearing in black, mirrors her assimilating into her husband’s life and the depletion of her own. She became a generic- can't take offense to- political wife. That's probably why they fought so much, the transition was hard.

Hi, I'm new here, but had to comment on this thread! I've been obsessed with CBK's style for so long, and have tried to model my wardrobe after hers.

I love simplycarolyn.com and wish the administrator would put the G8 gallery back up - it had all of the evening gown photos.

I also wanted to answer the question about the sandals she was wearing while walking Friday - I had heard they were Prada. I've tried to find them, or at least something similar, but it's impossible. That was about 8 years ago though, so I doubt I'll ever find them!

These are some of my favorite looks, all from Simply Carolyn:
I still mourn their passing. :(

pradaesk said:
I so :heart: that outfit!

Does anyone know who made the black coat that Carolyn is wearing in post #22 (the one where she is wearing black boots, black hat and carrying the birkin). I would love to own something similar. This is such a great thread. It is refreshing to see someone with real style for a change instead of, as someone phrased here "rachel zoe's army".

Liv02 said:
Does anyone know who made the black coat that Carolyn is wearing in post #22 (the one where she is wearing black boots, black hat and carrying the birkin). I would love to own something similar. This is such a great thread. It is refreshing to see someone with real style for a change instead of, as someone phrased here "rachel zoe's army".

You might be able to find something similar at www.bluefly.com.

(Vienna Report)
Recent graduate from Boston University, Carolyn Besette Kennedy, at 22, during test model shoots in Boston.
526676_b.jpg

526675_b.jpg

526674_b.jpg

526673_b.jpg

526672_b.jpg

523479_b.jpg

523465_b.jpg

523464_b.jpg

(Vienna Report)

(DPA)
dpa_loadapi.php3

(Corbis)
a.jpg

a.jpg

a.jpg

:( I would have loved to see what she would have worn today

Fabulyss said:
:( I would have loved to see what she would have worn today

That´s so right.
I can´t imagine her sporting a "boho" look, or following the recent fads. So indeed it would have been so great to see her choices in this new style scenario, where most of the leading style ladies look more or less the same.
She would be almost 40 these days, for those who are over 30 she would have been a definite role model, style wise. She still is an icon and she will always be, even though we only have seen her in few pictures during the short period of time she was in the spotlight.

The thing I find most sad about CBK was that she looked so withdrawn and unhappy in the paparazzi photos of the early days of her marriage. Even in the pictures of she and John at events (not taken by paparazzi) - her posture and facial expressions were so uptight and nervous-looking.

She must have adjusted a little better toward the end of her life, because suddenly she was smiling a lot and looked so much more at ease. It's a shame it happened so soon before her death. I bet she would've been a completely confident and beautiful 40 year-old woman if she was still alive today.

This photo is the one in particular that gets me - she was leaving her engagement party and looked completely depressed. John looks so confident and she's almost cowering behind him. Of course, he grew up in the spotlight, so it's understandable. (There are others in Lisa's G8 forum on simplycarolyn.com that show her up close, too:(

From simplycarolyn.com
06522461.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->