Catwalk Trends F/W 04.05

Originally posted by faust@Sep 10 2004, 02:47 PM
:angry: <sigh> thanks, dude, he actually might've went for it...
[snapback]362394[/snapback]​

Hey, material wealth is an illusion - only by renouncing his wealth did Siddhartha Gautama achieve enlightenment :wink:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Sep 10 2004, 02:52 PM
Hey, material wealth is an illusion - only by renouncing his wealth did Siddhartha Gautama achieve enlightenment :wink:
[snapback]362396[/snapback]​

:lol: Not entirely true, although he was born the prince. He went through some steps before achieveing enligthment. And, then of course there is Herman Hesse's version :wink:

Originally posted by faust@Sep 10 2004, 03:02 PM
:lol: Not entirely true, although he was born the prince. He went through some steps before achieveing enligthment. And, then of course there is Herman Hesse's version :wink:
[snapback]362404[/snapback]​
Free your mind of false concepts like 'truth' :P

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Sep 10 2004, 03:20 PM
Free your mind of false concepts like 'truth' :P
[snapback]362426[/snapback]​

:rofl: ok, you know your buddhism

So True. LA is THE hotspot for new talent. The boutique I work at is getting Primp and 2 B Free sweatsuits. They are hot!! Le Tigre is blowing up, we sold out of our initial shipment in a week, cause we are the only store in the area with it. I feel like Clarendon tees are about to blow up too. With regards to denim it looks like Japan Rags, Sacred Blue, Kasil, True Religion, and Hudson to me.

grey_ant2.jpg

i saw this when i looked up Grey Ant.
I'm in Love

So...what do you guys think are some important 2004 winter fashion trends to keep in mind next time I go shopping? :wink:

Originally posted by retro234@Oct 18 2004, 09:52 PM
So...what do you guys think are some important 2004 winter fashion trends to keep in mind next time I go shopping? :wink:
[snapback]401320[/snapback]​

Vintage slouchy/cowboy/80's style boots. i.e. Zodiac boots

Fur, fur, fur everywhere from head to toe (not all at once, of course!)

Embellishment: jewels, embroidery, beads; this season, less is definetely not more!

skins: phyton, croc, buttery suedes, melt in your hands leather. Think luxury!

Well, that's my take on it!

Originally posted by bergdorf_blonde@Oct 19 2004, 03:02 AM
Vintage slouchy/cowboy/80's style boots. i.e. Zodiac boots

Fur, fur, fur everywhere from head to toe (not all at once, of course!)

Embellishment: jewels, embroidery, beads; this season, less is definetely not more!

skins: phyton, croc, buttery suedes, melt in your hands leather. Think luxury!

Well, that's my take on it!
[snapback]401506[/snapback]​

you work for vogue or something?

Originally posted by faust@Oct 19 2004, 09:25 AM
you work for vogue or something?
[snapback]401629[/snapback]​

anyway she cant be a bestiarian :huh:

Any variation of Eskimo Chic. So think warmth, layers, and FUR. [Faux- of course. Red paint getting thrown at you is definitely NOT a cute look.]

For some reason, I've always loved winter white during, well, winter. There's something about the crispness of white that just makes anyone look amazing. Always go for white close to your face. I find it works like uplighting, washing your face in a superb glow.

As for outerwear, it seems as if the trench is making a big comeback [as featured in Vogue], but when has it really gone out of style? True classic I say. But if you're looking for an alternative, go out and give the poncho a whirl. I know, it's so overplayed, but in my opinion, it's becoming a true staple. When it comes to ponchos, think 'embelish X 101833729127'. So brooches to the rescue. Try and make it a lot more interesting, than having it look like the blanket that it really is! And try different ways of wearing it. Don't get stuck on the norm. So think outside the box! [Yesterday, I even saw someone in downtown Vancouver wearing it as a wrap skirt! So hippie 2004, a la Ms. Cameron Diaz]

Basically, keep in mind that you are not limited.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.
Hope it helped!

Also if you are going to drip yourself in diamonds/jewels, It's best to stick with jewlery that is two toned or silver, especially if you are fair toned. An African American woman always looks good in silver, and winter is the exception for them, they look best in gold or two tone during this season. Also if you are going to wear jewels usually jewles of color are best. Unless your outfit is boldly colored, then in this case I would wear diamonds.

Anything cozy, crocheted sweaters, furs (in my opinion (fauxs, or large animal furs), Mohair (sp?).

Stay away from blue denim. If you care to wear denim, make it black or grey, or tan or brown, or green. Anything but blue.

Pale, frosty colors are a good bet.

pale yellows, not bright or orangy-yellows.

pinks. blues (except denim).

offwhites, especially if you have a very fair complexion.

What's wrong with blue denim (i'm assuming you're talkin about pants)? I always thought that was a year-round staple, regardless of trends...

There's nothing wrong with it really. It's just if you want to go with a true fashion sense, it's more of a late spring, summer and early fall type attire. It's assumed that it's usually more of a warmer season styled clothing. I don't follow this staple religiously, but corduroy, slacks, and thermals, and sweats, and dresses tend to be the staple more so than denim, during the winter season.

I loooooooove a white cashmere v-neck or turtle neck sweater for any winter :heart:

Oh bugger trends. They'll all be layed out for you thanks to the merchandising gods anyway. So just buy what speaks to you and you like. Not what is trendy for this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->