Catwalk Trends F/W 06.07

^ the 90's are the new 80's, imo..if we're going to talk in silly fashion speak:P (you know...'purple is the new black' for example..)..however i think that in the past 5 years or so that's the direction fashion has been going into...and it didn't FULLY blossom until now...

i think i may have misinterpreted your post pastry, but surely the nineties revival hasn't been going on for five of the six years since the nineties ended?

^hmmm...:lol: what i meant is that the 80's were subtly there a few years ago, and now they blossomed into the 90's....:blink:

..soon it'll be the early 2000's!:ninja: :lol: terry cloth tracksuits and jelly bags..again:ninja:

We all knew the 90s was waiting behind the curtians to come out. Goodbye waif, hello curve.

Pastry said:
^hmmm...:lol: what i meant is that the 80's were subtly there a few years ago, and now they blossomed into the 90's....:blink:

..soon it'll be the early 2000's!:ninja: :lol: terry cloth tracksuits and jelly bags..again:ninja:
lol thanks for the explanation, i find the more i learn about fashion the more it just baffles me:lol:

What will Fall 06 REALLY be about?

I have no idea? I haven't really picked up on any trends that I feel will be dominant. I searched through all the threads, but really can't tell what shapes will be in stores by then.
What do you think will be HUGE as far as themes, time periods, shapes, colors?

milkeyedmender said:
lol thanks for the explanation, i find the more i learn about fashion the more it just baffles me:lol:

I second that...

Edit my last post...was talking to some friends from America today and they told me that neither footless tights or ballet flats have really hit in the States yet.

Is it true that the nautical trend also isn't big in the US? It's HUGE in Europe. My friend was saying American magazines are making fun of it. Such a shame. Sailor-chic is soo cute!:heart:

The yellow dresses were classic. I especially liked the first one which was unique and royal in a nice way.
I believe that the world of fashion holds many mysteries. The more I learn about it, the more I love it, it's just amazing.

The most annoying trend was probably the punk-goth obsession. Alexandre Herchcovitch's noble-punk thing didn't really fly. Alice Roi's show had it, too. There are a few bijoux in Roi's collection, which for the most part looks like a collage of early nineties misfit attempts at cool.

Yohji Yamamoto’s macabre Y-3 show was over the edge. Darling, stop while you’re ahead. Of course, everyone thought the whole bride/widow juxtaposition at the end was really avant garde. Yawn. Except maybe for the part Suzy Menkes had a Tippi Hedren moment and totally flipped Manolo because the stuffed birds that hung about the establishment.

big handbags!

enormehandtassen2.jpg

enormehandtassen11.jpg

enormehandtassen10.jpg

enormehandtassen9.jpg

enormehandtassen5.jpg

style.com

and colors: purple, gold, grey, black, white, yellow

How big is that purple bag!!!!!! I could fit my boyfriend in that! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Jake Style, I agree with you about the historical influences.

I think "vintage" from the 50s, 60s and 70s has been re-hashed so much recently that we have to go back centuries now rather than decades to pull inspiration. There are so many interesting details and shapes that have been lost that could make for such a refreshing modern revival.

Yup - I completely agree with the observation of historical influences in fashion. I think I blogged about it - I'll post some of my observations here anyway.

Historical influences - not just ancient, medieval, or Renaissance influences but the 60s and 70s as well.

Take Versace, for example:
00010m.jpg

(from style.com) 60's retro sort of look.

Or how about Alexander McQueen?
00090m.jpg

(Style.com) 18th century? Modification of classic British styles?

And even Dolce&Gabbana:
00010m.jpg

(Style.Com) Military style, Napoleonic times - it was mentioned in the Style.Com video, but I think it's quite clear from the picture as well.

But it's not just historical influences, I think. I believe the rocker-chick look is coming back into chic -

Dior, of course.
00020m.jpg

(Style.Com) The 70s thing is also applicable - it's a historical influence, after all, but it's also a rock thing.

And Gucci as well.
00010m.jpg

(Style.Com) Don't you find it quite rock-and-roll?

Anna Sui, perhaps?
00040m.jpg

(Style.Com) I don't think it's explicitly mentioned anywhere, but I think the rock theme's quite heavy at Anna Sui too.

And based on most of the photos above, I think wide belts or very flashy ones are in again.

All the women independent show your WAIST

I'm so glad that the waist is back! Without lying a I have a some some sexy one:blush: and I hated hiding it with the baby doll tops and so...
Sexy silhouette Is great.:P

Also The Smokey dark Eyes ....just Fab...B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->