please say it isn't so

wgom74.jpg

stella mcartney

20fcker.jpg

bottega veneta and moschino

i like them, but i can never see myself wearing it

(from http://iamfashion.blogspot.com/)

Tartan.

I've seen these great grey tartan trousers on the A/W 08/09 show by Alexander McQueen, I've seen it in other shows as well but they don't come to mind at this very moment..

Russian Royalty sounds lush !!

Fur is gonne be massive (again) I think and to comply with the requirement here are some pics from at least 5 different shows (pics from Sagafurs.com)

Michael Kors (from sagafurs.com)

main.php

Armani

main.php

Oscar De La Renta (good for trims 08/09 FW)

main.php

Lica Luca

main.php

Matthew Williamson (althyough the jacket and the bottom are too much together I like this style)

main.php

ornate fabrics and lots of brocades.... very lavish and luxurious feel..with some designers, very austere in others.

I love the Russian look too, especially Gucci"s autumn collection, i can see that becoming very commercial and high street.

i can see the over-decoration can be a way for the masses not to copy the designer clothing
when they're using such expensive ornament
but it gets too much and ugly
also it will be more difficult too for consumers

hoping there is another way to battle that situation
maybe it is enough eco-fibres and quality techno fabrics are coming.. clothes can be seemingly simple but can have the advantage of lasting long, be able to stand up to repeated washing and wearing and also maintain their suppleness/softness

does anyone know if WWD did a trend-report? for fw08 of course...thanks

sorry again but where can i see beauty trends for fw08...any info?...thks

Out of the 12 runway review videos that have been posted on style.com yet, i would say 90% of them mention whether economic recession (which we all might be affected by in near future) is having an effect or not on each collection.
Given what we've seen in other decades of slower growth i think many of us could have expected the usual minimalism that defined them, and yet, i think designers are confidently showing exactly the opposite.
Everyone who was interviewed on the subject stressed how brave it is to give embellishments more importance than ever, and work with richer fabrics, and use the most luxurious materials, showing that even if there was economic recession, the market is strong enough to stand it.
Surprisingly enough, even the most minimal shows we've seen so far (which would be Halston and Calvin Klein, imo) were praised for the use of rich fabrics.
I start this thread as a "trend spotting" because i truly believe that the economic situation has a very direct effect on what we see in the runways and, ultimately, in stores, and above all, because i'd love to hear what's your opinion on the matter!

I couldnt find a thread discussing this topic, if there is one, please merge them (i just wanted to give my point of view on the subject!:(blush::flower:

I think the impact of a recession on fashion is really interesting. Like when 9/11 happened, many predicted everything would be sombre, but it was quite the contrary in fashion. Colours and return to metallics and references to luxury have been quite strong in recent years...

sorry, little off topic. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->