Catwalk Trends S/S 09

I agree. It seems like Fall 06 could be what we are looking at. Still some arts and crafts elements, even jewel tones in some collections. Jenni Kayne had her yellow and I think last year Marc Jacobs did harem pants.

I agree. There are some "trends" but nothing groundbreaking. Same with Fall 08, all the "trends" cited by magazines seem to be continuation of spring and regurgitation of Fall 07. High waist pants for fall? Ruffles? Yeah, seen it before!
Maybe by fall 09 the economy will pick up and designers will show us tons of new looks:P

Love all the white satin finished fabrics, and really nice blues......:heart:

Also loving the tough girl look carried on from fall.

i was just thinking this over the last few days... i feel like a lot of things i'm noticing are a continuation of past seasons... maybe with little modifications and evolutions here + there...

and with the rest of things i feel like i'm not picking up on anything coherent yet either :P....maybe thats just a matter of time and as we see more shows from milan, paris etc things will start filtering and falling into place... often after the new york shows i think something is looking like a huge trend and it completely disappears once fashion week hits europe...^_^

i'm noticing a lot of things i noticed during s/s08....rolled jeans, lots of orange.... and i cant remember who started the thread last spring about transparency/sheer fabrics (mullet? gius? :ermm:...) but so far i am noticing a LOT of that....and loving it...:heart:

really the point of my post was just to say 'hear hear' to you Chrissy...:lol: :D

i'm glad i'm not the only one!

things are developing more slowly this time around but maybe the trends (if we find anything truly new) will be much more subtle this year as mullet mentioned as well...

definitely seeing a lot of the sheer/transparent that was spotted last season, as you mentioned :heart:
and a lot of it has been done really well...

and LOTS of one shoulder.. which is also a continuation of last year...
i think i may start a new thread (if no one has already) so that we can at least see the abundance and see if there are any new takes on it...

after seeing your new transparency thread just now :smile:wub:smile: i think it's worth it to note the continuations.. though i'm sure the one-shoulder will not have as many lovely as examples as the sheers... :P

i've noticed some clashing patters again this season as well.. luella comes to mind this season for that trend..
we'll see if it goes anywhere...

well for me
for transparency
last year there was a lot of one garment in the sheer stuff
but now it's a sheer over a sheer over another sheer
you know.. much more layered
and maybe not so much exposing of what's underneath

I've noticed something sort of crazy aunt/grandma-ish on some runways, well just two so far actually.

Marc Jacobs
00060m.jpg

00420m.jpg

Luella
00010m.jpg

00090m.jpg

(style.com)

I've noticed something sort of crazy aunt/grandma-ish on some runways, well just two so far actually.

Marc Jacobs
Luella

(style.com)
I felt that at Marni at s/s 05 with the bird nest hats and fly-away hair
and then 'she' resurfaced fall 08 with those odd round and cat-eye glasses ..

I wonder what it is all about ,myself

Graphic Faces

I still keep the seeing the recurring trend of faces in NY (Hanii Y + Miss Sixty)^_^
00020m.jpg

00340m.jpg

00020HNy
00340m.jpg
I also Saw large hair bow bands and vintage hair accessories (luella + Top shop)

00280m.jpg

00210m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are quite a few dresses with the short front and long back happening
style.com, CW

Attachments

• 007jstu-r-2008.09.08.02.04.04.1771176_base.jpg
    007jstu-r-2008.09.08.02.04.04.1771176_base.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 15
  • RICC_SS09_0025.jpg
    RICC_SS09_0025.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 7
  • balm-r024-2008.09.28.17.07.17.737734_base.jpg
    balm-r024-2008.09.28.17.07.17.737734_base.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 7
^ Transparency is definately in

unless you were referring to...

00020m.jpg

Francesco Scognamiglio SS 09 (okay HAVE to stop posting about him before I sound like i'm being paid to advertise)

style

Bare midriffs
(Alexander Wang + Alberta Ferretti)
00190m.jpg
00120m.jpg

(Elie Tahari + Hussein Chalayan)
00090m.jpg
00170m.jpg

(Junya Watanabe+ Juan Carlos Obando)
00360m.jpg
00030m.jpg

(Prada+Proenza Schouler)
00030m.jpg
00140m.jpg

(Roberto Cavalli + Thakoon)
00020m.jpg
00110m.jpg

Credit: Style.com

^^there is a whole thread on bare midriff as a trend this season here :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen a lot of rolled pants and harem pants but I honestly dont see these trends lasting more than a season . Rolled pants look very frumpy , and are like a very weekend thing. Harem pants can be nice but they have to be luxe ..otherwise it just ends up looking weird with your outfit.

I agree - the rolled pants is very "picnic with friends on the weekend" - nothing special or very fashionable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->