Catwalk Trends F/W 08.09

I am SO excited for fall. Usually I just buy clothes because I like them...I've actually hit a gold mine this time hahaha. They just happen to go along the lines with these looks. I'm super thrilled about the Russian royalty too. I love having Russian heritage.

I may boil over from excitement.

edit: what kind of gloves?

I notice some key points of the season F/W 08.09:
Size high, blurred and retro, opaque tights (Dolce & Gabbana, Marni, Prada).
Satin will be the key of winter to feminize the style and providing evening dresses a key glamour 100% (Preen, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Versace).
Make up black foncé (eyeliner will be pretty great).
The oversize carrures persist and sign (Balenciaga -cf Charlotte Gainsbourg ads and YSL smoking).
The tartan is still very high.
And so on with the street! Next!

Contrasts. Masculine with feminine garments, volume against minimalism, it's all about balancing trends.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed that the Grunge look is back... Like a Seattle Grunge, at it's roots, but rather it's much more refined. A look that you can pull off and not look like your pulled your outfit out the the dumpster. But, there's an opposite extreeme to the grunge, and that's the sheer thats been showing up. Like the sheer Trench by BCBG. I like the direction, and I'm very glad that the skinnies are back.

I think my biggest purchase for this fall will be a GHD, and a red coat. Could life be any better? i think not.

Skinnies are back? All I read in magazines is how grateful they are for the fact that bootcut is back...hmm..:unsure:

Are you really in Denmark? I'm 1/2 Danish!
But if you are located in Denmark, that may account for why the magazines are saying 2 different things..^_^

I'm Danish, yes, hehe, how cool!

But, hey, not so fast, buddy! I'm in the UK atm and the magazines I've been reading are UK Vogue and Grazia, so don't insinuate that DK isn't ajour with the fashion movements:ninja::lol:

awe.. :( I didn't mean that! I just ment that styles vary from coast to coast. LA's style is definately a lot different that NY or Paris. But we've still got some of the main threads running through the fabric.
So, are you in the industry? what do you do? What kind of jeans are YOU wearing? hehe

aw, I know! Hihi:flower: And you're right it undeniably varies eventhough we have international designers. No, but I'd love to be. Atm I'm just an 18 year old student from Cph, who btw wears both bootcut flares and skinnies and capris and other styles, coz she simply can't get enough of jeans:lol:
And you?:heart:

OT: Gypsy jewellery is a hit right now, I believe.

Finally! I can post.

I can already see the latest fall trends in stores! The croc belts that accentuate the waist, the floral dresses with the puffy shoulders (very prada), man-clothes oriented, back to the office (examples, thakoon with the gorgeous blazers and jackets paired by the thick-fabric trousers... thights are back for sure.

i see amazing clothes comingg!

Plaid for Fall.

Definitely a look I'm enjoying. Plaid is one of those timeless classics. This red accented plaid coupled with the design of Eve Gravels Motto Motto dress is a match made in heaven. I've been noticing a lot of designers using plaid this season and I'm absolutely loving it. It's all about the fabric content mixed with the plaid patterns, nothing heavy. Lightweight plaids with a bit of stretch are the best fabrics.

I'm interested to see more great looks for fall in plaid prints, esp scarves etc.

--Jennifer
Toronto

evegraveldressmottomotto-p-4828.html
evegraveldressmottomotto-p-4828.html

I find plaid pattern pretty amazing too.

Folk Trend - F/W 08.09

I am loving the folk trend for this winter as seen at Gucci, DKNY and D&G amongst others, it is kind of hippy but a very polished look. I particularly like the rich prints and floaty dresses teamed with thick tights. I will also be treating myself to a new goat skin handbag (looks similar to the one seen on the catwalk at Etro)

Has anyone else found any good folky stuff?

GO TO ZARA or Bershka.... those stores contain thousand of those folk trend xD..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->