Chanel 2.55 Classic Flap Bag

Maxi

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if this is a picture of Chanel's 2.55 bag?

Thanks,
Maxi

Last edited by a moderator:
It is so pretty isn't it. I want to order this bag, but I don't know the name of it :blush:.

Maxi

Why don't you order a Chanel catalogue? They will have the names of the bags. I have the Chanel Jewelry catalogue as a coffee table book because the pictures are gorgeous.

(800) 550-0005 it's customer service but ask and they'll get a catalogue to you in like 2-3 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diorling said:
Why don't you order a Chanel catalogue? They will have the names of the bags. I have the Chanel Jewelry catalogue as a coffee table book because the pictures are gorgeous.

(800) 550-0005 it's customer service but ask and they'll get a catalogue to you in like 2-3 days.

Ya know, I didn't even know they made catalogs. I'll call and order one tomorrow. Thanks for posting the number :flower:.

Maxi

That is the classic Chanel flap bag w/chain strap. As far as the 2.55--I believe that is just the size, there are other numbers that represent other sixes, I think. I may be wrong though. 2.55 is the medium and most popular size.

MJCouture said:
That is the classic Chanel flap bag w/chain strap. As far as the 2.55--I believe that is just the size, there are other numbers that represent other sixes, I think. I may be wrong though. 2.55 is the medium and most popular size.

Isn't 2.55 representative of the date the bag was launched - Febraury 1955?

Maxi

Maxi said:
Isn't 2.55 representative of the date the bag was launched - Febraury 1955?

Maxi

I heard that too..when Coco Chanel designed it. :heart: I really want to get one of these..but i cant decide if I should get one now or buy another bag :doh: I just saw the black and white tweed one in the store display it was so classy.

^ wow, that must be nice, black, white tweed!

Nice bag, only I don't like it in pink.

Kimkhuu said:
^ wow, that must be nice, black, white tweed!

Nice bag, only I don't like it in pink.

I only posted the pink because that is the only pic I could find. If I had to choose a color, well, I don't really know what color I'd get. Probably black (or red) as they could be carried all year long. I bet the black and white tweed is nice, however, I have seen other tweeds and didn't like them as much as the leather bags.

I "really" wish I lived near a store so I could see them in person :(.

Maxi

vintage_princess said:
I heard that too..when Coco Chanel designed it. :heart: I really want to get one of these..but i cant decide if I should get one now or buy another bag :doh: I just saw the black and white tweed one in the store display it was so classy.

What other bag are you interested in buying?

Maxi

I had my hopes on getting the Chanel multipocket bag or the 2.55. I wanted the multipocket one since it first came out but got side tracked with the whole Balenciaga and paddington craze :P

Which do you think I should get? I cant afford both right now either!

vintage_princess said:
I had my hopes on getting the Chanel multipocket bag or the 2.55. I wanted the multipocket one since it first came out but got side tracked with the whole Balenciaga and paddington craze :P

Which do you think I should get? I cant afford both right now either!

I hear you on the whole Balenciaga thing :rolleyes:. Regarding which Chanel bag, I like the multipocket a lot, but I don't know how long I'd carry it without getting tired of it, however, it's a great younger look. I like the 2.55, but sometimes I think it looks old. Oh, I just don't know. I definitely am getting a Chanel bag, but I just can't make up my mind either :blush:.

Maxi

ooh gorgeous bag..
i want one of these too..
but im in no hurry.. i'll get one eventually..
even if i had one now, i wouldnt use it much because the way i usually dress wouldnt match the bag.... :blush:.

Ah, is such a classic bag.

If only I was classyer:P

Ah, well maybe one day....:lol:

Maxi said:
I hear you on the whole Balenciaga thing :rolleyes:. Regarding which Chanel bag, I like the multipocket a lot, but I don't know how long I'd carry it without getting tired of it, however, it's a great younger look. I like the 2.55, but sometimes I think it looks old. Oh, I just don't know. I definitely am getting a Chanel bag, but I just can't make up my mind either :blush:.

Maxi

Me too! I want to definitely get a Chanel bag now but cant decide which one :unsure:

vintage_princess said:
Me too! I want to definitely get a Chanel bag now but cant decide which one :unsure:

i think you should go for the classic lines....
cambon lines are younger but they seem too trendy..
and its huge CC logo makes ppl look like they are trying too hard..
i dunno its just my two cents :wink:

besides, if dont you already own a lot of trendier bags?
from what ive read so far..
you seem to have a turquoise balenciaga and a chloe paddington... am i right? im so jealous :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->