Chanel Handbags F/W 09.10 : Lily Allen and Baptiste by Karl Lagerfeld

The first bag is OK, the rest are U.G.L.Y. And this is supposed to be Chanel? Looks trashy. Give me the classics, because this is not worth time or money.

Like the Breakfast At Tiffany's idea though.

There is a new shot in this weeks UK Grazia. Baptiste is behind her with some sunglasses on, and Lily is holding a white bag and pushing her sunglasses up with one finger.

24bozl1.jpg

vogue.co.uk

Lily actually really suits the Chanel look. Cute young face, big eyes and pale skin. I thought the ads would come out really well. Obviously I was wrong because these look really cheap. Like something out of a Barbie catalogue.
And it doesnt help that the bags themselves are horrible.

she looks like she is flipping the camera off in this one.

Lily looks pretty cute and classy (surprisingly!) My only disappointment are those handbags: horrid. :yuk:

finally, the adds of lily allen for chanel, i was wondering when karl would do this, it's cute but the bags do not look very durable...

^I think the bags look better than everything. Including Lily.. :ninja:

Karl Lagerfeld: "I love Lily Allen. She looks a lot like Gabrielle Chanel and she is a self-made woman. She is cool, young and extremely witty. Photographing her for this advertising campaign was fantastic fun. She is extremely inspiring and is completely taken with the bags - with her typical English casualness!"

The Coco Cocoon line will be available in CHANEL boutiques on October 3rd.

source | chanel newsletter

You can download campaign images from the Chanel Coco Cocoon site.

source | my inbox from Chanel Newsletter

Attachments

• chanelcocococoon_lily.jpg
    chanelcocococoon_lily.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 24

ELLE Russia October 2009 via journal-plaza.net

Those bags are awful! I love Chanel and Karl but these bags look like stuffed leather bin bags. I much prefer the Paris-Moscou 2008/9 collection :heart:

ELLE Russia November 2009 via journal-plaza.net

HQ's

by me from zinio.com (please credit)

i like the trolley bag for some reason but why create these when they did amazing bags on the runway (i.e the ones that had the clear casing) i don't understand it because these cocoon bags also feature in the main campaign , and i think lily has got one on herself of late IMO

Harper's Bazaar Russia November 2009 via journal-plaza.net

I must be going insane, because I think I actually like this :ninja:

Its kind of kitch - almost joke-like, ie Audrey Hepburn + cockney kid...somehow it works? :unsure:

ETA: that said, the bags really are fug, and Lily as muse brings on the lols

Last edited by a moderator:
HQ

by me from zinio.com (please credit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"