Fendi F/W 10.11 : Anja Rubik and Baptiste Giabiconi by Karl Lagerfeld

That's too editorial-like for me, but Anja looks terrific.

Nice, I like it a lot. Anja looks amazing, but I do still prefer last season's ads. In all fairness though, they were a tough act to follow.

The makeup is not working for me. The rest I think it passes the right message to the target buyers of the clothes, a classy but edgy and strong woman.

God I adore those pics... fendi always do such luxurious looking shoots and the clothes and furs look stunning... off to find the fendi colection thread to have a look at the clothes more...

WSG x

They definitely look more like an editorial than an ad campaign, so I'm interested to see them in print, it's doing a good job showing off the clothes though.

Anja looks great but i don't really like the setting.

Totally not feeling these, they look like something out of i-D Magazine. Far to editorial looking.
Hopefully like Faith mentioned, they will loose the feel when the logos are placed.

Hmm...I kind of like these. Maybe it's the overt Edward Hopper references...

The most successful shot is definitely the second one...Anja up against the wall. The composition of that image is certainly the most sophisticated of the set (additionally, that coat looks gorgeous, and I actually find Anja appealing for once!). I feel comfortable saying that that picture is very beautiful. The rest, they're alright, though I do like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you kidding? After such a good previous campaign, you have to offer this option tedious, which is more similar to the editorial..? Come on, Karl, I expected better...:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but maybe I'm missing something...is there any reason an advertisement can't be like an editorial?

And for that matter...what is the difference, even, between an advertisement and an editorial? Aside from a conspicuous logo, I see plenty of ads that could easily be an image from an editorial, and I see plenty of editorials that could easily be an ad.

I think it would be productive if from now on, unless you plan on explaining yourself in a thoughtful manner, that we refrain from just posting that this "looks too much like an editorial"...since it's been said plenty of times in these two pages already.

:angry:Anja and baptiste...how original... THIS IS BORRING !!!!! i can find better things in add for la Redoute or something like that !! rubik doesn't bring anything to the add, whereas models like stam or zimmermann did a wonderful job for fendi campaign. I'm really really disappointed....

What's the point of Giabiconi's back appear in the second shot? :huh: Jeez, Karl, that was unnecessary...

The ad is moody, but I think it reminds me too much of Bottega Veneta 2010 S/S ad!

Terrible
Anja looks plastic and the whole concept is dull and badly executed

Look at the first picture: She looks like a mix of Sasha and Maryna! :shock:

I'm a bit indifferent to the campaign but Anja is a great choice for Fendi

I'm sorry, but maybe I'm missing something...is there any reason an advertisement can't be like an editorial?

And for that matter...what is the difference, even, between an advertisement and an editorial? Aside from a conspicuous logo, I see plenty of ads that could easily be an image from an editorial, and I see plenty of editorials that could easily be an ad.

I think it would be productive if from now on, unless you plan on explaining yourself in a thoughtful manner, that we refrain from just posting that this "looks too much like an editorial"...since it's been said plenty of times in these two pages already.

Well said..the "editorial comparison" is just silly and uunnecessary :innocent:

I am one of those who made the "looks like an editorial" comment and I thought I explained myself, but I will elaborate further. To me, an editorial is about a theme or a story and if a fashion editorial is done properly, the clothes should be one of the main characters. A pop culture analogy would be shows like Mad Men and Sex and the City where fashion plays a role in defining the characters and the storytelling.

An ad campaign is about the product - the clothes, handbags, cosmetics, etc., and / or the brand image - strong women, sophisticated women, adventurers, sexy young things, etc. If you are the target, an ad campaign should first make enough of an impression that you will stop flipping through the magazine to look at the picture and then leave you wanting that dress or one of its runway sisters OR convey to you that the brand fits your sophisticated or sexy personality. Note that proxying can go on, in other words I do not fit into the adventurers category but I know it when I see it. BTW, I would not rule out photos that tell a story or represent a theme working as a campaign, but it has to make a strong enough impression to at least solidify the brand in the viewers' consciousness.

IMO, these pictures fit into the storytelling / theme motif of an ed, but does not succeed in the clothes being one of the main characters or even at being a compelling story and that is why it does not get a thumbs up from me. Now reading some of the other comments, the pictures and clothes are making an impression on other posters, so maybe it resonates with some people.

P.S.
There are editorials that are mostly about the clothes themselves and do not have a theme or tell a story - the U.S. Vogue jumping girl eds that we like to snark about are an example.

Look at the first picture: She looks like a mix of Sasha and Maryna! :shock:
LOL, I caught the Maryna resemblance too. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
i like it, i like the styling and mood. i can't wait to see it in print

The images look boring as thumbnails. I almost didn't even bother opening the images, but after doing so I'll admit the first and second shots are beautiful. There's a really nice mood in these images, but I wouldn't call it dramatic. They do have a cinematic quality like many of the campaigns we're seeing this season (nothing new), but if these are the stills, I do not want to see this movie.

That said, I do think they're nice images, but not quite engaging enough for me- maybe that's the enigmatic quality of it for others. I need the story being told to be a bit more telling. It's like someone said about this season's Lanvin "showing too much without saying anything at all"-just here, it's the opposite. The placement of the suitcases, bags, painting and models themselves all make you wonder what the images are really about, but it falls short because it becomes so much, even too much, about the color palette and composition & the melo-drama I was once sensing really turns out to be nothingness. Maybe Karl us the elements and wants us to make the story, but from I'm used to from him- I higly doubt that's the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac0770
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->