Chanel Haute Couture F/W 2020.21 : Adut Akech & Rianne van Rompaey by Mikael Jansson

I can't recall when last I've seen an actual ad campaign for the HC line. Early 90s?
Maybe ambassador Lola cal clear it up for me, lol?

I can't recall when last I've seen an actual ad campaign for the HC line. Early 90s?
Ahahhaha! I gave up my ambassador title when Virginie took over.
The last time they did an Ad for Couture was in 2000 I think. Since then they just did « dossiers de presse ».
It’s clever to use the lookbook as the campaign...considering how low the impact of their little videos was compared to the shows.

Ahahhaha! I gave up my ambassador title when Virginie took over.
The last time they did an Ad for Couture was in 2000 I think. Since then they just did « dossiers de presse ».
It’s clever to use the lookbook as the campaign...considering how low the impact of their little videos was compared to the shows.

LOL. Sassy!
I've always thought Karl's couture deserved campaigns, well, only if he'd use it as a way to extend the storytelling.
Quite clever of Virginie to do this. In certain markets, Middle East, Australia, and China they could possibly court new customers. That's if couture customers still buy Vogue to begin with.

LOL. Sassy!
I've always thought Karl's couture deserved campaigns, well, only if he'd use it as a way to extend the storytelling.
Quite clever of Virginie to do this. In certain markets, Middle East, Australia, and China they could possibly court new customers. That's if couture customers still buy Vogue to begin with.
Karl’s campaigns for Couture were quite good! The choice of models itself was refreshing (from Colette to Stephanie Seymour) and it had that classic feel. But to be honest, I’m glad he only did the press releases.
He never took advantage of his sets and it would have been underwhelming anyway...

From the profiles I’ve seen at shows, I’m sure they buys Vogue. I wonder, however if they buys US Vogue. As cheesy as we may find some of the non-Big 4 Vogue, they have the advantage to only offer frivolity.

Without trying to be insulting, I’ve one particular client in mind. I’m sure she does not care about BLM or any social movement.

I wonder what Princess Caroline will buy from this.

I‘m almost sure I have early-mid 00s issues of W with Chanel HC ads inside. Daria’s SS04 one definitely made it in print.

I‘m almost sure I have early-mid 00s issues of W with Chanel HC ads inside. Daria’s SS04 one definitely made it in print.
Yes! I remember it was SS04 Couture with Daria...
I think it was the « dossier de presse » turned campaign as it was a studio shot!

I don’t have the Chanel « campaigns » coffee-table book around me but when I get back home I’ll check it out!

But not all shoots for campaigns made it to magazines like in the 90’s. Maybe it was exclusive to some publications and Gan was his close friend obviously!

@Benn98 You see, I’m not even a good ambassador. I did not remember those ads. I’m a free act, ready to sign with whoever wants me now lol

Daria for S/S 2004

f402717650d0ea9d_image_273.jpg

dariawerbowy.blogspot.com

My mind may be playing tricks on me but wasn’t there also one with Lily Cole? Or did she do a Cruise campaign?

My mind may be playing tricks on me but wasn’t there also one with Lily Cole? Or did she do a Cruise campaign?
Lily Cole I remember her doing a cruise campaign and a handbag campaign. I think it was either 2004 or 2005...
Lily Donaldson did the Couture dossier de presse for Couture SS2005 but I don't know if it became a "campaign". I don't remember it making to any magazine at the time but given the previous examples, it might have.

Daria for S/S 2004
dariawerbowy.blogspot.com

This look is so timeless and could easily double as the bridal look for 2020 collection! Thanks for unearthing these. :heart:

He never took advantage of his sets and it would have been underwhelming anyway...

Yes! This was always my gripe with his Metiers collection. So much effort and planning went into constructing those memorable sets, it would have been great to see it immortalised forever in campaign form. It seems to be a Chanel directive because Virginie also appears to be shooting senseless studio campaigns despite showing on great sets.

Set design or even the mildest form of appreciation of it is dying in fashion photography.

fun fact for me....It was the first Chanel show I attended.

Very lucky, Lola. That collection was perfection, Alek in the wedding dress. :heart:

And you're right, these definitely look like press kits that ran as campaigns as well.

The art direction definitely reminds me 90’s Chanel Ads. It’s kinda great to see Chanel Haute Couture Campaigns back on pages of magazines. Virginie’s collections are quite boring but this shoot was well done!

Yeah it has that 80s and 90s Chanel Ads vibe. Hopefully we get more pictures soon.

Yes correct the last HC campaign was in 2004 for Fall Winter. These campaigns got really hard to find and from memory only W Magazine published them and do not even feature in the Chanel Campaigns book.
Back in the 90s the 2 main models for HC were Christy Turlington and Shalom Harlow who had the most HC campaigns. The other models were more one offs (except Linda who had 2 memorable ones as well) or would piggy back a PAP campaign with a HC campaign (Stella Tenant, Devon Oaki, Erin O'Connor......etc.). All these campaigns really brought class, elegance and bags of glamour and sophistication.

Lily Cole did a Croisiere campaign and that was for Cruise 2005 which was by the way the last Croisiere campaign they did before starting them again in 2008 with Claudia Schiffer.

Really happy to see a HC campaign again but quite surprised as all the main Maison have stopped doing them ages ago, are you aware of any other brand who are reviving their HC campaigns as well? (I a more of a Chanel geek LOL...).
To come back to this campaign I find it really full of life and exciting what a way to come back with a campaign!

Yeah it has that 80s and 90s Chanel Ads vibe. Hopefully we get more pictures soon.

The remaining campaign will no doubt be the same images used by Chanel to present the collection in July. You can view the images here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->