Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
which one is "better"? :unsure: Poudre Douce or Poudre Universelle Compact... can't decide... i want to wear it over my foundation and sometimes alone, what do you think?

chanel.com

which one is "better"? :unsure: Poudre Douce or Poudre Universelle Compact... can't decide... i want to wear it over my foundation and sometimes alone, what do you think?

chanel.com

Poudre Douce is out of order... You can choose between Vitalumiere Compact Powder, Poudre Universel Compact/Libre or Mat Lumiere Compact Powder....
:blush:

I have a Poudre Universelle Compacte in 507 Rose Blossom and it gives a great finish over foundation, very soft, not too heavy. There are some tiny glittery particles in this particular shade, but on the skin, you can't really see them. I don't use it every day - I believe this shade was a limited edition so I'm trying to make it last a long time - but if I could repurchase, I definitely would. I haven't used the other types of powder, so I can't vouch for them.

A review of the three lipsticks. In the images, the shades are always ordered Chintz - Rose Dentelle - Chalys (temptalia.com:(

• Chintz is a peach nude with a subtle hint of rose. It has a barely there shimmer-frost finish with semi-opaque color. I can see this being a great shade to pair with dark smoky eyes or a stronger cheek.
  • Rose Dentelle is a soft neutral rose with a part glossy, part frosty finish. It has light shimmer of iridescent lilac and pink that flash when the light hits your lips just right. Like Chintz, it gives nearly opaque coverage but not quite. Chintz and Rose Dentelle look very, very similar when swatched on skin, but they look more distinct on lips.
  • Chalys is a darkened coral with a stronger orange tone. It has the same half-glossy, half-shimmery finish that most Rouge Cocos have. I found Chalys to be more opaque than the other two, which was nice.
I like the Rouge Coco formula a lot–it feels incredibly lightweight on lips without being drying. They’re not the most moisturizing lipsticks, but they’ve never deprived my lips of their natural moisture, either. Each shade applied smoothly, evenly, and didn’t require a lot of product to get a good amount of color coverage. I also find these shades to be practical and wearable, but they’re not boring either.

A look at the Vert Khaki eyeshadow. In the swatch on skin, Vert Khaki is the shade on the left, while the other single eyeshadow in this collection, Taupe Gris, is on the right (same source:(

I’m so smitten over Vert Khaki as soon as I gazed down upon it… and then fell head-over-heels in love with it after swatching it. It’s this beautiful concoction of darkened olive green with a metallic gold sheen and flashes of gold and emerald green shimmer. Divine! LOVE!

And Joues Contrast in Pink Explosion (same source:(

[This] is a beautiful, decadent luxury of a blush in a brightened pink with just a hint of blue undertones. Chanel blushes have a cult following, with fans coveting each new shade the brand releases. I don’t think Pink Explosion disappoints–it is the most wearable of three new and limited edition shades releasing with the fall collection.

For those who don’t follow Chanel or rarely stop by the counter, let me tell you a little about what makes these blushes so loved. They are finely-milled, silky smooth powders that apply beautifully on skin. This is not a blush that will look chalky or powdery–it lays down on skin like it belongs there; the shades, no matter their hue, always look natural on cheeks.

Like any range, not all shades may work for all skin tones–some are on the lighter side–but Pink Explosion packs enough pigment to go bubblegum pink. It’s just as easy to create a soft, petal pink flush with just a tap of the brush. Pink Explosion has a soft white shimmer that is nearly undetectable once it’s applied. Instead, it gives off a lowkey, luminous glow. I’m hesitant to even call it a sheen, because it’s so subtle.

Oh my, I'm in love!
The eyeshadow quad is gorgeous, so is the Vert Khaki eyeshadow, Chintz seems to be THE lipstick I have been looking for for such a long time, and Christine made me want to try out a Chanel blush :o
I need to find me some money :ninja:.

And she's reviewed another one of the blushers - Plum Attraction (temptalia.com:(

A deep red-toned plum-burgundy with subtle golden sheen–we may be seeing stronger color on cheeks this fall. This is a color that will look a little different depending on your skin tone. On cooler skin tones, it’s going to pull a little more plum, while on warmer skin tones, it will pull a little more burgundy. It just has that nuance of undertones that makes it interact with your skin tone in a way that actually works to highlight it.

It can be worn lightly or built-up for an intense, showstopping cheek, depending on your mood and the look you’re going for. I wore it a couple of days ago with a neutral eye and stronger, vampier lip, and I think it worked out really well.

^Is that from their summer collection? It is something i would use on winter. Seems heavy for summer :ermm:

^Oh, better then :flower: I think, i am considering to buy it for the upcoming winter. Somehow, that tone seems to me like it would go great with my black sweaters :D

A look at the third blush in the autumn collection (temptalia.com:(

Rose Temptation Joues Contrast is a new and limited edition blush from the brand’s fall collection. Chanel describes it as a “shimmer rosewood,” which sounds like an apt description, but a quick Google search shows the real rosewood looking not much like this blush!

Rose Temptation is a softened rose-gold with subtle gold flecks and soft sheen. It also has slight red undertones, but they’re not too strong in this shade. I found this to be the softest shade out of the three new shades, but it is the second most wearable (Pink Explosion being the most).

When I wore it, I tried it very softly, because I ended up using it to complement a rather smoky eye, and I think it worked out well. It gave my cheeks a gentle color without being over-the-top–very natural. This is a great shade for those who want a darker, more contrasting blush, but don’t want to work or start out with something as intense as Chanel’s Plum Attraction.

And the Glossimers - in the images, the shades are always in the order Petite Peche, Coral Love, Rose Dilemma, Pink Teaser (same source:(

• Petite Peche is a sheer, softened peach-pink with subtle gold shimmer. It looks a little milky and less peach, more rose on my lips. For those with pinker or redder lips, I think this shade will look very sheer and just a touch milky–the peachiness will be gobbled up by the natural lip pigment.
  • Coral Love is a sheer, soft coral-pink with golden shimmer. The golden shimmer in this really stands out in this shade
  • Rose Dilemma is a sheer, blue-based rose pink with white shimmer. This shade is pinker on my lips than Petite Peche, but it has a look that’s part jelly and part milky.
  • Pink Teaser is a semi-opaque shade of fuchsia-pink with gold shimmer. This one was easily my favorite–not just because it’s pigmented, but because it’s such a well-done shade overall. It’s very flattering and wearable by anyone, and it doesn’t just look like any ol’ gloss on the lips.
Glossimers have this way of shimmering and glittering that’s subtle but flashy at the same time. I never understood the big deal about them until I wore one and saw my lips in my car mirror. They looked amazing! They were unreal. Now, I can appreciate the nuances of the shimmer to micro-shimmer these glosses contain. Sometimes they’re sheer, sometimes they’re not. The range really varies, though the majority are sheer to semi-sheer. They wear three to four hours and are a rather non-sticky gloss, which makes the length they wear even more impressive.

I’m totally digging the four new shades for fall, even if they feel and look rather summery (or even springy) to me.

^^I want Pink Teaser soooo bad. I hope it doesn't make me look like a cheeseburger when I test it. lol! I have been waiting for it to be release. I am headed to Nordies Sunday to play with the colors. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baerry
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->