Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temptalia has got her hands on Chanel's Paradoxal - you only seem to see the shimmer at certain angles, so it looks muddy in some of the shots (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Paradoxal Nail Lacquer ($23.00) is a stunning shade of grayed plum with red and violet microshimmer. It applied beautifully–one of the best Chanel lacquers in terms of formula I’ve tried–and only needed two coats for complete opaqueness. The nuances of this shade are best captured in direct sunlight, but it’s smoky and sultry in indirect/natural lighting, too. Very, very beautiful and sophisticated.

Does anyone know exactly what beauty products they used for the Fall Couture show? Thanks!

Does anyone know exactly what beauty products they used for the Fall Couture show? Thanks!

Skin and eyes I know for sure...

Vitalumiere Aqua Make-up, Poudre Universel Libre and Compact, Eclat Lumiere and Lift Lumiere undereyes, and on the lashes Inimitable Intense...

^ It's Rivoli. :wink::flower:

Source: style.com/beauty/beautycounter:
Chanel’s Guide To The Perfect Red Lip
July 7, 2010

“We wanted to have one makeup element stand out without taking away the focus from the collection,” makeup artist Peter Philips told us from the Grand Palais yesterday, where Karl Lagerfeld staged Chanel’s latest couture spectacular. As is so often the case—in both real life and the world of fashion fantasy—that one element turned out to be a strong red lip with a matching manicure courtesy of Chanel’s Le Vernis in Rouge Fatale. Paired with a modern, nude face, the overall effect was classy with an edge, or “haute couture makeup with strong street credibility.” Philips built his pout in layers, beginning with an outline and filled-in base of Chanel lip liner in Carmin, followed by a few lashings of his Rouge Coco lip color in Rivoli, a dark crimson, which he blotted with a tissue and set using Chanel’s translucent Poudre Libre for a matte finish and extra hold. This three-pronged approach will guarantee you long-lasting, strong color intensity, says Philips, and that will no doubt serve you well for the many days of lipstick-wearing you’ve got ahead of you come Fall.

Picked up a new glossimer from the collection: Rose Dilemma(universally beautiful on every skin tone) and a np Intermezzo. Received a bunch of samples as well.

I 've never used blush , cause I thought blush is tacky, but then I bought Tweed Rose , and it' s so beautiful .

Regarding blush, I've used Joues Contraste in Tea Rose for years. It's natural yet leaves a beautiful glow on the skin.
A salesperson at Chanel advised me on how to use it : you have to press the brush on the powder and turn your wrist (in a half-circle) while doing it so that enough powder can get on the brush.

Poudre Douce is out of order... You can choose between Vitalumiere Compact Powder, Poudre Universel Compact/Libre or Mat Lumiere Compact Powder....
:blush:

i bought "Poudre Universel Compact" and i love it... it looks fresh and natural :smile:

i'm going to cannes next week and i'm planning to buy joues contraste, has any of you ever been to the boutique on boulevard de la croisette? if you, please tell me about the prices of the cosmetics ? are they more expensive that eg in sephora or much cheaper? thanks in advance

i'm going to cannes next week and i'm planning to buy joues contraste, has any of you ever been to the boutique on boulevard de la croisette? if you, please tell me about the prices of the cosmetics ? are they more expensive that eg in sephora or much cheaper? thanks in advance

They don't sell any cosmetics in Chanel stores apart from Les Exclusifs fragrance collection. If you want to buy Joues Contraste, you'll have to go to Sephora or Marionnaud.

Chanel Cassis Eyeliner (waterproof)

chanel_cassis001.jpg
chanel_cassis003.jpg

temptalia.com

This looks awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really regret not grabbing a bottle of Nouvelle Vague when it was available... does anyone know if any of the London counters have any still in stock or is there a ridiculous waiting list?

I really regret not grabbing a bottle of Nouvelle Vague when it was available... does anyone know if any of the London counters have any still in stock or is there a ridiculous waiting list?

There is no waiting list, because it was oneshot.... So, there will not be a relaunche of the product this year.. For next year I'm not sure, but there will come a baby bleu shade.... SOOOOO PRETTY!!

i need to get that chalys shade lipstick! are there anyother bright coral - type shades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->