Chanel Pre-Fall 2010 Paris-Shanghai

^I suppose I will have to be the second person in two pages to ask you not to put your panties in a knot.:lol:

Since you are suggesting I cannot read, I will quote your very own words, the remark that resulted in your being asked to calm down:
Plus comments like "it's China. China loves kitsch. they'll eat this up!" are very crass and offensive, and I happen to be a Chinese myself. I don't know where you are from, but in the US, what you said is considered to be borderline racism.
From then on, you could have been ranting about that or about the den, it's not particularly clear.:wink:

First 'Self-colonized aesthetics' now knotted panties...this is getting exciting!! :woot:

What a TERRIBLE collection. It's incredible how can Lagerfeld create the most stunning garments and make amazing collections and then create gross garments in a very sad collection. The only thing I liked was the camelia quilting and ONLY the quilting, because the garments with the quilted fabric are just terrible.

^I suppose I will have to be the second person in two pages to ask you not to put your panties in a knot.:lol:

Since you are suggesting I cannot read, I will quote your very own words, the remark that resulted in your being asked to calm down: From then on, you could have been ranting about that or about the den, it's not particularly clear.:wink:

Thank you. I am a calm person, and I could very well be much older and experienced much more in my life than you are in order to know how to be a calm person. But I am sorry, you can't read. All I have said in my posts referred to what the other guy said in his/her posts specifically sentence by sentence. If you find it unclear, sorry, you need to work on your reading comprehension.

By the way, I won't respond to any of those silly "opium den", "China loves Kitsch " comments and request of "put your panties in a knot" anymore. It's a game that had better be kept for teenagers who have nothing else to do in their life.

^ I just watched the whole video- lovely!! :flower: But then, I'm unbelievably biased, so... B)

^ Nobody likes the concept of Paris/New Jersey, I can tell...:cry: Muscle shirts with CCs on them? Toreador pants?? No?? :huh:

Is 'Self-colonized aesthetics' going to be on the final exam? :unsure:

I Mean Birmingham England , I'm unsure where birmingham in america is :shock: aha

the set is soooooo boring and the collection is bland and to me its a toned down version of Paris-Moscou

^it's working now.

thank you :wink:

and now i have a question ....
not that i barely paid attention to chanel in years ...
but have the camelia ever been printed this way on the material ? or is it new ? or is it a chinese technics ?
what's the material ?

by the way i'm talking about that classical Coco ensemble with a chinese hat ... worn by a blond girl in post 24 (second line, fourth image - easier, this way, non ? lol)

i don't see any camelia there, berlin rocks
??:mellow:

such a bad short film. never liked karl's portrayal of coco chanel anyways

Well, I watched the whole show and must admit some pieces are really beautifully made when you take a closer look, still I'm missing a kind of Wow factor here. Love the jewellery, though, especially the earrings.

someone's off her meds.... :innocent:

i didn't mean an actual "opium den". just something more.... ethnic looking. as of what we got here, it's a skyline, which is a skyline, which in turn is a skyline. the setting doesn't add any 'flavor'.

yes, fashion plays with stereotypes. Chanel has never been about the truly modern. what Fendi did a while play, redoing the whole show on the Chinese Wall, that was epic. a black oil tanker is not exactly epic. the surroundings, the set, should contribute to the clothes shown.

and i don't give a bowel movement about your colonializational issues. good grief.

what is a pre-fall collection? Is this a new term or am I just out of the loop? I thought it was just Spring/Summer, Fall/Winter.

what is a pre-fall collection? Is this a new term or am I just out of the loop? I thought it was just Spring/Summer, Fall/Winter.

Pre-Fall Collections or better known as Resort/Cruise Collections are collections made by designers just to give customers more things to buy; to keep them happy with more options. Most importantly, I think, these collections are neither truly fall/winter or truly spring/summer. They're in between the seasons to make rich buyers a happy camper just in case they want to go in a "cruise" located in a place that isn't really hot or cold.

I think there's also a Resort/Cruise for spring/summer time, but I don't think it's called pre-spring. Haha.

Vogue.uk:

KARL LAGERFELD may have tripped as he took his bow on the catwalk, but it was Shanghai who really fell for Chanel on Thursday evening. The great and the good of the Chinese city were getting their first taste of couture at a double celebration: the opening of Chanel's flagship store in the city, and the showing of the 2009 Métiers d'Arts collection.
The collection is a special one that Chanel produce once a year, to honour the ateliers and craftsmen of Paris. It's particularly fiddly, and filled with the quilting, embroidery, and hats that are the ateliers' specialities and Chanel's trademark. Shown in, and based on, a different country every year, this year's collection featured extended riffs on Mao-jackets and courtesan dresses. For the second year, the collection was preceded by a film directed by Karl Lagerfeld himself. The short, called Paris-Shanghai A Fantasy, The Trip Coco Only Made in Her Dreams depicted Coco Chanel dreaming of the city after falling asleep in her Rue Cambon apartment.
It's that apartment that has inspired the new store. Designed by Peter Marino, and filled with antiques, it's designed less like the usual black and white Chanel boutique, and more as series of salons, filled with specially commissioned artworks and discreet but plentiful staff who seemed to spend most of their first day wrapping bags.
Meanwhile, Baptiste Giabiconi - the man described as Lagerfeld's new male muse - sang at the afterparty. His pompadour the most resplendent thing in the room until Vanessa Paradis took the stage: the official lips of Chanel's 2010 lipstick range purring torch songs as the evening slinked on.

The background doesn't look good. Watching the runway show they were surrounded by darkness - it was depressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->