Chanel Pre-Fall 2010 Paris-Shanghai

that's all of it.... it's a rather big collection no?

I think this is really because they were doing the show at the wrong time. The entire city of Shanghai is like a huge construction site right now because of the 2010 World-Expo. The bund is probably the worst as it's almost completely dug-up. I guess they were just desperate to hold on to the idea of doing their show on the Bund as the Bund and the Huangpu River are truly the icons representing Shanghai, even though they mostly ended up using the financial zone on the other side of the river as the show background.

I haven't watched the entire film yet as I am at work right now. From a quick glimpse, to be honest, it sounds quite cheesy to me.

Are you from Shanghai or even China? I am a Chinese and lived in Shanghai from many years. I don't know what you mean by "the Strand".

oops

i meant Bund :lol:

The movie for this collection was absolutely dreadful to watch. The acting was terrible and uninspired. Surely it could have been done better.

I thought it felt like a dramatised documentary - well, until about four minutes in, when they appeared to start talking about 'teabagging'. And that's only the first part. I've still got the other two sections to watch.

I like this collection, especially the coat with feather sleeves. Chanel tweed reinterpreted in cheongsam style, i'm in the mood for love. :heart:

Some nice-looking pieces.. The camelia worked into leather is clever.
I'll wait to see it in motion.

The Telegraph says the video will be up on Chanel.com either tomorrow or Saturday! B)

That film....

I'll never be able to get that 20 minutes back.

As for the clothes, they're nice enough. Some of the details, like those embroidered floral squares that look like lacquered boxes, are gorgeous to look at, and overall this isn't as cheesy as it could have been. But it's missing something, the heady exoticism one thinks of when they think of Shanghai. And considering how many designers have drawn inspiration from Chinese culture and traditional Chinese costume, this is pretty boring by comparison.

Well... I think the preview vids made the collection look amazing. The runway show... not so much. :(

oops

i meant Bund :lol:

No, you didn't mean anything. You had no idea what you were talking about. This show was actually done along the Bund, except that it was not done exactly on the promenade as it was dug up right now. :rolleyes:

Plus comments like "it's China. China loves kitsch. they'll eat this up!" are very crass and offensive, and I happen to be a Chinese myself. I don't know where you are from, but in the US, what you said is considered to be borderline racism.

As for the collection, I actually quite like it after viewing all the pics in this thread. Exquisite, delicate-looking, small amount of references to the Chinese culture, and with no doubt very wearable. I am sure the detailed shots would be amazing. Not the best Lagerfeld has done for the Metier d’Arts collections, but certainly better than the Paris-Moscow collection in my eyes. Although I don't like any of those military-green outfits. They are extremely ugly. The green-coloured red-army caps are as pointless and bad-looking as you can get. Plus Baptiste's outfits are all horrible eyesores, which is quite a letdown. All the mens looks in his previous collections were all so delicious. That green tweed jacket and glittering pants (or maybe jeans) he wears in post 59 are incredibly camp and bad-taste, truly disturbing on a male's body. :yuk: It's hard to believe it was actually done by Karl Lagerfeld.

for all those complaining about this show, please submit anyone knocking a PRE-FALL collection this far out of the ballpark. seriously, this pre-fall collection looks better than some haute couture collections! and i hate to even take it here, but that military green look on the guy actually does balmain menswear better than balmain. also, karl has managed to make sky-high nightclub-ready mini-dresses look perfectly refined which is a fete in and of itself.

also, i'm pretty sure the otk boot on the runway will have a waiting list.

It's funny how many people blasted previous Chanel resort/cruise collections when they came out, but when a new resort/cruise people tend to change their minds and say they were good and the new collection is bad. It's just a little hypocritical really.

Like with any other Chanel collections, the collection is huge. A lot of accessories and a few of them are not really needed. I think the fact the collection was shown at night time just gives it some relevance for the night life of Shanghai. I can't imagine a lot of these clothes looking appropriate for day time wear, except for the Chanel suits of course.

Also, I have this big issue with proportions when it comes to Karl's collections. Most of the time his collections consist of a few looks with odd proportions, and this is one of the few times where the proportions are dead on. Not saying all the outfits are actually all great.

I want that black jacket Baptiste is wearing.

the film was appalling i couldn't go beyond the third one.stick to your day jobs girls.
as for the show itself, some of the pieces are lovely.

Sorry but this is a mess. Those stereotypical headpieces? Well done Karl on the originality front. This really doesn't express anything of the Chinese aesthetic to me, but that's just personal. As is my opinion of the atrocious styling - its like they just threw the clothes at models to see where they ended up.

And what is Baptiste wearing?:blink:

lol...army inspired tweed garb:P the collection isn't ugly...just not his best.

I thought it felt like a dramatised documentary - well, until about four minutes in, when they appeared to start talking about 'teabagging'.
But that was the highlight of the film! :lol:
You know that Wallis was a bona fide freak... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->