Chanel S/S 11 Paris

Thank you very much for these HQs:flower:
I love this collection... really close to haute couture:heart:
However (like everybody else:P) I hate the shoes!:blush:

^ Yup...I decided I don't hate the shoes per se- but I noticed that the models' legs don't look so good in them- and if these majestic girls don't look good...!! :shock: :lol:

this is beyond beautiful. it´s perfect. uncomparable with his fall collection. love it :heart:

Some gorgeous looks but I wish he would have cut it now. The collection is so massive and about a third or more of the looks I could have done without. The fringe looking earrings were great as well as some of the other accessories. Love the set though :heart: It reminds me of Versailles. The orchestra was a nice touch as well.

^ Yup...I decided I don't hate the shoes per se- but I noticed that the models' legs don't look so good in them- and if these majestic girls don't look good...!! :shock: :lol:

Well, to be fair, just because someone is tall, doesn't mean they necessarily have long legs in proportion to their body, does it?

Whereas, a shorter woman might have a short body and long legs.

Also, foot length comes into play when talking about flats, or heels with less of an incline.

If you have small feet and long legs (regardless of your height) you can more or less wear any shoes and look good.

The jeans are the TACKIEST things I have ever seen from Chanel. Horrid.

Well, to be fair, just because someone is tall, doesn't mean they necessarily have long legs in proportion to their body, does it?

No, but many of these models were in the S/S 2010 Chanel show which may have been the largest assemblage of long legs in history!! :lol: I just don't think the shoes are very flattering....

It was a pleasant surprise. Often, even though there's always some good pieces and even fantastic one, Karl disappoints me buy going a bit too far.
But this time I've to say that, minus the jeans and the horrendous shoes, this collection was pretty fantastic and definitly on a couture level. Not only the Versailles setting or the symphony orchestra were extraodinary, but most of the clothes have a breathtaking craftsmanship. I love the fact that its so close to Coco's designs , in the cuts, the silhouettes, the fabrics or even the jewelry ( indeed some of the necklaces looked like the infamous vintage gripoix ones ). But on the other hand, its a really young aesthetic and give a very modern touch. For example the destructed tweed pieces, which made me think of a young girl destroying her mother or grand mother vintage couture, to party or simply running errands. I love the combination of conservative garments with short shorts, white T-shirt and printed jeans combo or flirty dresses. And of course, he did a MAJOR finale, with the feathers and all.
All of this make a brilliant and well executed collection.

I still don't understand the feather dress being ready to wear....how can they manufacter enough of them? Each store gets one or what?? :blink:

I'm pretty sure that the feather dress, will be on exclusive order. Chanel always do prestige pieces that almost have couture prices and are on excluisve order. Usually they do this for accessory, but I don't think will get those feather gowns in every store.

may i cry and profess my love for that peach feather thing on Carmen? it's amazing. utterly amazing. yet so simple.

the collection might be huge but it's definitely enjoyable and i guess there's something for everyone in there.

^ Well, Valentino said when he (and therefore Karl) started out they usually did 180 looks per show !! :o So I guess it is just like old times! :wink:

^Wow. I wish shows could be like that again, but I guess it isn't really feasible anymore.

The Chanel show was a relief amid all the other ones that last 10 minutes and offer nothing remarkable. Beyond the exquisite quality and beauty of the clothes, this was a celebration of fashion and of all the people who work in the ateliers to produce such successful collections. The location, the orchestra, the choreography, everything was stunning. I also appreciated seeing Inès de la Fressange on the runway: a woman who is part of the history of Chanel, who is so elegant and with the life experience that she has, it added to the emotion of the show.

^ Well, Valentino said when he (and therefore Karl) started out they usually did 180 looks per show !! :o So I guess it is just like old times! :wink:
And that's the way a collection should be, unlike today's 40-looks-per-show collections. 40 looks?!?!?!? :blink:
The models spend hours getting their hair/makeup done and have to wait around for the show to start. They usually only get one outfit assigned to them, and the show only lasts around 10 minutes.

The Chanel show was a relief amid all the other ones that last 10 minutes and offer nothing remarkable. Beyond the exquisite quality and beauty of the clothes, this was a celebration of fashion and of all the people who work in the ateliers to produce such successful collections. The location, the orchestra, the choreography, everything was stunning. I also appreciated seeing Inès de la Fressange on the runway: a woman who is part of the history of Chanel, who is so elegant and with the life experience that she has, it added to the emotion of the show.

Imagine when the house's 100th birthday! (2012 :woot:)

I think this is a message... Louis Vuitton Have a Fountain (F/W 10.11)

Dior have a orchestra (Cruise 2011)

...And we have two. :lol:

OMG - Can't wait for 2012!

I agree. Inès really embodies what the "Chanel woman" should be. And with all those things you mentioned tied together, this show is something that people will actually remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->