Chanel S/S 11 Paris

Chanel - Spring Summer 2011 - Full Show is Available (Exclusive on You Tube)

Part 1 and Part 2

OMG - Everything is so perfect and Majestic (No that shoes :sick::yuk:)

OMG - Everything is so perfect and Majestic (No that shoes )
Exactly what i was thinking viewing all the collection throught the pages of this thread. If Karl is capable of doing this, create this amazing collection, why can't he just make it complete and make nice shoes?! God, i don't get it!

the title of this movie should be:

Cruising in the Park

synopsis: A women in search of satisfaction for her Chanel purchases. She cruises around the park fountain wearing her new Chanels meeting the eyes of other Chanel wearer for their approval. In her search, not only did she gained approval, but also earned an untagible reward more costly than her Chanel purchase :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
there are a few outfits that I'd like to erase from the show,
and then I'd love it 100%... and some of those shoes as well.
But I actually really like a lot of it. There are many pieces,
if not the whole outfit that I'd wear, and want to.

I think this collection should be shown to every new designer to teach them to EDIT! Goodness. I feel there's a good collection here. Or three. But there are just too many looks, some of which are completely unremarkable and do nothing but bring down the whole collection.

The shoes too. Why does Chanel always have such offensive shoes?

I really liked the collection, the tweeds are such a welcome throwback to coco.
with that said, i can understand some people being dissapointed...there wasnt a WOW factor, aside from the setting.
But I like this...this is real chanel
I hated last seasons crap with the faux fur explosion....faux fur everywhere....hated hated hated it
but this i can like....well, all except those platform shoes...those are pretty yucky

Well, at least the shoes are easy to walk in. I don't know what I'd do if I had to wear stilettos on that giant runway.

wow this is an impressive collection! he really did a great job. no more gimmicky farm clogs or ridiculous yetis. so many great pieces this season. very modern take on the classic tweed jacket. finally, a great collection by Karl for Chanel once again.

I will say, I was expecting something more impressive from him. I am not excited, but when I saw the hat umbrella, I loved that, but the collection was that same same same same. But Karl is one of my favorites. I definitely have hope for fashion next season, i feel like most of the designers took the easy way out this season, but that's easy for me to say.

For Chanel shows..I just wander how extravagent is too extravagent? Will Karl ever stop making the show more incrediblly huge? I haven't liked a Chanel collection since 07ss, though I think every piece is good enough to be Chanel...maybe Chanel means so much that nothing fresh can be added.

I've been a major Chanel hater as of late, but I can't help but find this show charming...the massive set, the gardens, the fountain, the orchestra...it's all great. And the clothes aren't offensive, which is saying a lot for Karl...ha! Seems to be fairly gimmick free, which I like. Although, the shoes are horrendous.

those shoes.. YUK.

tweed suits, pearls.. *yawn* kinna bored with his stuff except couture which is so beautiful.

I like the holes and the fringe though. that is beautiful :smile:

Sunday in the Park with Chanel

it reminds me so much of the Seurat painting, "Sunday in the Park with George".

this is one of the most stunning collections i've seen. the presentation. the cast. the clothes. the textures. the feathers! all of it. it's simply breathtaking. magical.

the final few gowns - the black, sheer ones. STUNNING. the gown on Sasha. incomprehensibly gorgeous.

and again -- the pink feather gown on Carmen. there are no words. heaven.

i don't know how he does it but every single season with chanel, karl lagerfeld keeps the fashion dream -- yes, writ large -- alive in a new and exciting ways. what makes me marvel about this collection, especially juxtaposed with his last ready-to-wear extravaganza, remains how he straddles both the timely and the timeless, the trendy and the trendless, and creates something so dynamically universal yet so indisputably CHANEL. you can wear those mini-tweed shorts with the marc jacobs collection we saw in new york, you can wear those jackets over those near-white stella mccartney pieces, you can wear those biker boots with that punk rock balmain, you can wear those clunky heels with the prada looks, you can pair those jeans with those hip hop missoni knits, those multicolor bracelets with the versace collection. the bags with bottega. and i could go on and on. and i haven't even touched the signature pieces of this collection.

seriously, while i know this collection created a moment of pure chanel, he really put something in that show for everyone -- even children -- and i don't know if we have another designer who could do anything remotely like that.

00430m.jpg

style.com

I love the fact there is a fresh blue piece in it.
#1 Very nice. IMO it's a great collection.
The shoes are hideous though...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->