Chanel Sunglasses

I have a friend who lost the case for her dior glasses and got a new one at a random store that retails dior glasses for $8. The same optical store sells Chanel, so it's worth a try to ask for a new case where you bought the glasses. My friend didn't buy her glasses from the store where she got the case, but again, this was a dior case so I donno if they'd be as willing to give out a Chanel case. I'm going down there with a pair of Chanel glasses to ask when I remember to.

for $67 i would definately assume they were fake. and my chanel sunglasses dont have that on the inside, either. sorry hun!

i just got a brand new pair of chanel sunglasses today!!! im in love with them.. they are model #5101... will post pics once i get my digital camera working again.

Ouch. Yea, I also have several pairs of Chanel sunglasses and I'm sorry to say that none of them say that. I've looked at alot of sunglasses on ebay, 99.9% of them are knock offs, which is pretty tragic. Generally, you can kind of judge how authentic they are based on price. You might try finding a pair of the glasses you want online and check out the price and compare. If someones selling a $425.00 pair of glasses for $50.00 its pretty risky. Im sorry you got ripped off, I hope you can get your money back! Better luck next time hun!:heart:

Wow, all these sunglasses so GORGEOUS. I just love Chanel. Im not too good with the model numbers, but I have the 5086 in both white and black. I LOVE them. People always comment on them because they are so huge but it just makes me :heart: them more!

mine say chanel made in italy on one arm and 5076- h on the other, also on both lenses they say chanel on the top outer corner. I got mine for $350 at bloomingdales.

I can't see the picture in your post, but if you look closely on the front side of the lense, towards the outside edge (not sure if its both lenses or just one) and hold it up to the light, you will be able to see print on the lense. I believe it was the model number, thats printed on the lense, but I'm not sure.

Classic sunglasses

I am looking at buying a new pair of sunglasses and am prepared big $ but only on ones that I will be able to wear in years to come. I dont want something that looks cool right now but is likely to go out of fashion very soon.

I look forward to your suggestions :heart:

Gucci:

img_mod_GG_2938_NS.jpg

img_mod_GG_2966.jpg

img_mod_GG_2936.jpg

otticanet

Chanel:

chasun-5114b-c501-87-p.jpg

diesun-5113c50187p.jpg

chasin-6013bn-c501-11-p.jpg

chasin-6014-c501-87-p.jpg

raffaello-network

I wouldn't personally go for those BeautifulStranger recommended --- I think the logos make them to be quite seasonal.

I would recommend first finding out what shape of sunglasses are right for your face. A pair of glasses that look classic don't necessarily look good at all on someone else. When you have found out what shape is right for you, go for a pair that are black and not too big or have any details. I think you cannot go wrong like that --- I would also recommend looking at old photographs of Grace Kelly or someone else with a very classic style. Their sunglasses were the right kind and are still considered stylish. I would call them classics.

But then again, linen, don't you feel that shades with no logo at all tend to look rather cheap and highstreet-ish?

No, not at all. I think the big logos look cheap... they look as if you want everyone to know you shopped at Chanel... or then they look fake.

If you want something timeless, I'd definely would NOT buy gucci or chanel. I'd got for sunglasses - only brands like RayBan and Persol.

I agree with Linen that you should find something that is suitable for your face shape. That is the MOST important.
I also agree with black...cos it goes with everything, and it's classic.
Don't go with shades that are too big (bug eye) nor too small...

brands...I think that decision is left to you. I don't think you'll be wearing one pair of sunglasses for the rest of your life...so just pick something you like. Rayban, Chanel and Gucci are classic brands...but some people like logos, and some don't...it's really personal preference. RayBan is more subtle...but shades with logo don't automatically make you look 'tacky'....it depends on the rest of your outfit :smile:

Good luck finding your perfect pair!

But why won't you guys consider Chanel or Gucci classical? I'd find raybans more seasonal..

I btw totally agree with gsquared, you shouldn't buy too big, but if you buy too small, they won't suit you that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->