Chinese Street Style

teza said:
Excellent thread! How come there aren't more posts, and how come all chinese people seem to be so thin?

I think it's just genetics and the food Chinese ppl eat. But there are un-thin chinese ppl as well like me :blush:

^Are you kidding? I just looked at your blog, you look amazing!!!!

I really like the guys' outfits but a couple of girls there's just tooooo much going on

57_51214522751403.jpg

^Are you kidding? I just looked at your blog, you look amazing!!!!

I really like the guys' outfits but a couple of girls there's just tooooo much going on

Thanks a lot sweetie^^ But I never grew up with a typical Chinese girl figure. I'm a size L in China :unsure:

And that photo of the girl wearing the costume, now that's cool to wear out! LoL I applaud her bravery.

thanks for the pics as I will visit Beijing and Shanghai in a few months (last time was 2003). I agree that it's highly Japanese and Korean influenced but honestly I don't like either style. I guess that I'm more used to what I see in NYC everyday and people tend to wear less layers but better quality. I wish I could see more originality when it comes to the street style and people definitely need clothes with better quality (material and cut, etc).

sad thing is that, what you see here, ain't normal chinese street style. It's what that micropercent looks like.

another thing is that in the south it can get so hot, that layering is not an option and people gotta run around with single layers.

also, what seems original, loses it's *zing*, when you see 10 other kids run around in the same style.

Ah, China. How I miss thee! I love shopping there. It is so incredibly cheap and when I'm back in Toronto no one has the same item as me!

^yikes.

time will one day come for my fellow comrades, when the state regulatory agency unblocks all the internet sites with access to real culture and they begin to finally learn how to dress themselves.

i kid. there are actually great street looks in the Mainland but why are all the pics so far coming from Shanghai?? if anything that city is the most lackluster in street culture. The only happenin' place is Beijing. someone earlier said its denizens dont care for fashion but i think thats a great attitude to have. it just means less blind devotion to labelwhoring and more creativity.

I don't what to say about this thread, I don't much about the way people dress is China but this doesn't seem to be a good representation, there isn't many out of the ordinary outfits so far.

yikes, these pictures don't represent chinese street style very well. I've seen much better/chic dressed people when I visited shanghai.

^yes, so true.
i live in this city and am constantly amazed by stylish Shanghai ppl. :smile:

even though shanghai's people fashion style is the best i china they still look suck:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvmuzse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->