Los Angeles Street Style

Street Fashion: Melrose Trading Post

melrose4.jpg

Kelly Brannigan from Beverly Hills with an American Apparel look,” wearing a white tank top, gray half sweater and gray Uggs.

melrose2.jpg

Sara from Miracle Mile, who declined to give her last name, with a '60s nautical” look, accented with her Coach bag and $7 sunglasses just purchased at Melrose Trading Post.

melrose3.jpg

Carla from Los Feliz, who declined to give her last name, wearing a La Rox dress, vintage belt, Cardella NYC boots and a Christine B bag.

melrose5.jpg

Drew Baker from Silver Lake, with an “affordable style”: an Urban Outfitters cardigan and desert boots.

melrose6.jpg

Silver Lake's Courtney -- who declined to give her last name -- wearing a vintage dress she cut herself.

melrose8-1.jpg

Melinda Dean from Venice says she goes for a vintage look. The see-through top is from American Apparel.

melrose10.jpg

Mark, from Venice, sporting Miss Sixty jeans, antique bracelets and a “hipster hat.” He wished not to use his last name, but says he wears the same style of outfit regardless of that day’s activities, including when he pilots a plane around California.

melrose11-1.jpg

Caitlin Hassler, left, calls her look “summer casual." It features cut-off Levis and Cherokee Indian boots. Fellow Silver Lake resident Sarah Comer sports what she calls a "hippie Western" style, with a Forever 21 top, H&M bag, Nine West shoes and vintage jewelry.

melrose12.jpg

Fashion advice from Lauren Alexander of Westwood: White tees, vintage necklaces and flannels, that’s key.”

melrose15.jpg

Mellody Vere describes her style and outfit as “'80s-'90s mishmash”or cowboy punk.”

melrose17.jpg

The best of both worlds: Kaeli Spiri of Chino Hills likes a sophisticated yet laid-back look.

melrose19.jpg

Christy Vukets of Manhattan Beach likes the sexy beachy look."

melrose21.jpg

Katie Cardew, a backpacker from England, is hosteling it in Los Angeles with second-hand clothing and some Uggs. She calls her style that of a “preppy backpacker.”

latimes

Third Street

3rdstreet.jpg

Peter Molina of West L.A. likes a "comfortable, fashion-forward" look.

3rdstreet2.jpg

Krista Gugliotti of West Hollywood aims for "sassy chic." She keeps it as natural as possible during the day and gets "spunky at night."

3rdsst4.jpg

Haley Bartlett, left, goes for a "sophisticated sexy" look, while friend Rochelle Hathaway, a bargain shopper, prefers thrift stores.

3rdst6.jpg

Sahra Amere of Temecula wears "vintage and mismatched" from stores such as Forever 21.

3rdst8.jpg

Aaron Gonzalez of Laurel Canyon laughs as he describes his style as "funky booty chic." Krystal Simpson, also of Laurel Canyon, says hers is "Keith Richards-meets-Anita Pallenberg … vintage with a high-end feel."

3rdst9.jpg

Temar Abate of East L.A. shops on Melrose Avenue and likes to keep it "trendy, classy, chic."

3rdst11.jpg

Frederick Leonce of West Hollywood works a "vintage hipster" style.

3rdst12.jpg

Phyllis Wang of Hancock Park wears "whatever I like … interesting brands and conceptual designers."

three.jpg

Carissa Ferreri of West Hollywood likes to look "comfortable, easy, just rolled out of bed."

latimes

I wish I was kidding, but the best dressed in the Santee Alley street fashion section was this Boston terrier named Harley. His outfit is custom made.

santee.jpg

latimes

Street Fashion: Abbot Kinney, Venice

abbott.jpg

Rebecca Wilson of Long Beach sports a Dooney & Bourke bag and enjoys comfortable antique clothing.

abbott2.jpg

Tica Bengston and Foxy, with a surfer tee, shorts and Crap Eyewear sunglasses

abbott3.jpg

Matt Hart of Venice believes in picking one outfit and sticking with it. Here, he wears Newton running shoes.

abott6.jpg

Georgia Ford of Venice says she likes to look retro fabulous with vintage clothes and hand-painted shoes.

abott8.jpg

Stacy Smith is from France. Her "classic chic" look includes Prada glasses and a Tod's bag.

abbot4.jpg

Jacob Sadowsky of Silver Lake sports a "free-pile commando bum" look.

abott10.jpg

Celeste Young of Venice wears a Target swimsuit cover-up. She loves frocks and describes her overall style as "jazzy and magical."

abott13.jpg

Josh Tapia of Monrovia has a "hippie organic" look and a bag from Mexico City.

latimes

Westfield Century City Mall

centurycity4.jpg

"I like an eclectic style," says Redondo Beach resident Ashley Gidney, 20. "I'm from England, so I prefer a traditional look with something more urban." She adds that she "wears a lot of scarves."

centurycity2.jpg

Ja'Lon Johnson, 21, and at USC, says his look is "urban, yet sophisticated." He's wearing a Forever 21 necklace and Diesel jeans.

centurycity6.jpg

"I like classic-looking stuff but still trendy and timeless," says Annabelle Waters, 21, of West Hollywood. "Feminine with edginess. My dress and tights are feminine, but my boots are edgier."

centurycity1.jpg

Levi Beutler, 25, of Los Feliz says his style is "'60s psychedelic garage rock, plus a little bit of 90s garage with some post punk goth." No surprise that his shirt is vintage.

centurycity7.jpg

Austin Dash, 19, of Hollywood, left, goes for "creative punk. High-end and trendy," while David Levy's look is "bloody punk, hipster." "We get a lot of our style ideas from vampires," Dash says.

centurycity.jpg

Holly Skinner, 26, of Brentwood, described her style as "fun and chic." She's currently "fall boot crazy."

centurycity8.jpg

Lauren McKnight, 21, from Echo Park, is more "fancy and whimsical; California classic," while Joshua Michael Patterson, 24, of downtown, is "preppy, circa '30s or '40s with unnecessary accessories." He says his scarf is "taken from a French or German style."

cent.jpg

Yelena Krupen of Los Angeles loves her Robin's Jeans, (which she paired with Chanel boots and a Tiffany & Co. necklace). "People always say, 'Robin is cold, she wants her jeans back.'" Her style as a whole? "European, trendy, dangerous, provocative, exotic -- but tasteful and elegant. Womanly elegant."

century.jpg

Alexandria Montague, 21, from Los Feliz, is into "floral prints, Doc Martins and black," sort of "'90s reincarnate."

latimes

Third Street Promenade, Santa Monica

prom3.jpg

"I don't always dress like this," says Esther Thompson from Santa Monica. "I like dark clothes normally, loose fitted Ts.
Today my look is laid back with tennis shoes. The socks are American Apparel."

prom6.jpg

Rebecca Grube, 28, from Pasadena, says,
"I like to be comfortable and sexy. I have yoga pants in the trunk of my bike in case I get cold.
I couldn't afford a car when I moved and a bike was much cheaper." Asked for adjectives describing her style,
Rebecca replied, "Helmet and heels."

prom5.jpg

Anthony Cooley, left, from South Central, likes "Unique, urban, vintage" and the 18-year-old's fashion advice is "just be yourself."

Abass Kargbo, also from South Central, dresses "urban, unique, pretty boy." He's wearing a Joy Rich sweater and H & M shoes and says,
"Do something positive with yourself."

prom9.jpg

"I just like piecing things together that I find places," says Jesus Contreras, 21, of Santa Monica.
"I like things that look older. I'm really nerdy and like to let that show whenever I can."

prom8.jpg

Chanel Cross, 20, from Pacific Palisades, says her style is "eccentric and always changing. I like my vintage shoes."

prom11.jpg

"I'm a dancer so I just put on comfortable clothes," says Sanne Andersson, from Sweden and living in Westwood.
"I just buy everything I like and that's probably my style."
She's wearing a Michael Kors watch, Marc Jacobs' bag, and Cava scarf,
shirt and leggings.

latimes

What is it with Californians, that makes them all wear winter boots? Even the Brit girl picked that habit..

Thanks for all the pics :flower:

I love how the girl in Post #282 is wearing the Vivienne Westwood Pirate boots! Thats why I want them!

I work on the Third Street Promenade and I dont see that many cool dressed people. Kudos on whoever took these!

When were the Promenade pics taken? Im always there and would love to be in the mix! lol

lol yeah, its been a WHILE since we've gotten some pics

New York is putting us to shame...:innocent:. lol

I work on the Promenade too at Zara and I see a lot of gorgeous outfits but they're always being worn by people visiting from Europe... Always.

^ Well.. I would say that the majority of people in LA are a bit lazier on fashion.. hence, not having the "gorgeous" outfits, at least not out to shop in the more touristy areas. That's how I see it - if you're in a warm weather climate nearly year-round in the US, the overall style of that area is a bit more relaxed.

Not saying it's right, or that it's an excuse - but it's how I feel about LA and it's "style"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->