Los Angeles Street Style

^ If you're from New York, and have good style... PLEASE bring it here!

I'm still not sold on LA fashion. It's just not my thing. Bleh.

Here's my friend's LA style blog, though - you'll get lots of ideas from her photos.. she has a serious passion for fashion: http://lainspiration.com/

yeah, los angeles has really horrible fashion. trust me, everyone will love it if you change anything around there.

and when you get here, you'll understand why. and it's not to say some stuff doesn't come out of here, because you can find cute pieces, but nobody wears them.

yeah i have noticed that too..i get a lot of stares when I wear somethings that I do but most people are curious and ask me what it is...like my yohji clothes and things like that. I think we can educate the people of L.A.!!

Wow, it looks terrible all around...

Anyway is there a thread on living/working in LA? I've got some questions :flower:

to me, this is what L.A. style is all about :sick::sick::sick: let's face it, L.A. isn't the capital of fashion, it'd never has and never will. i see a lot of copycats. too trendy. not original.

gawker.com
personaltrainernortheast
coach.com
photobucket
latimes

^ Hah, I don't get the muffin tops thing, but...

It depends on what part of LA you are. I agree, overall... LA style is NOT my cup of tea... many fashion victims out here. But trust, especially in the more affluent areas, there are women that dress well and have style.

I don't think the Ugg trend holds true anymore. They were really popular about 5 years ago, but now for every girl wearing Uggs, I see 10 wearing ankle or slouchy boots. I never see anyone wearing Hollister either. I think it is marketed more towards people who want to visit SoCal rather than the people that actually live here.

Silverlake:

lasilvers.jpg

It's all pretty much vintage," Janet Schultz, 26 of Los Feliz, says of her wardrobe.
"I always show at least one pop of bright color."

lasilverlakester.jpg

"I like old lady glamour," says Simon Haas, 25, of downtown L.A.

lasilverlakesss.jpg

Emily Ateninson, 19, of Los Angeles, says she's a "bohemian mess. [A] free bird."

lasilverlaker.jpg

I literally rolled out of bed. [My style is] punk rock?" says Diana Taylor, 22, from Maui but living in Silver Lake.

lasilverlakewall.jpg

Jaclyn Jonet, 25, of Hollywood goes for "comfort and sex appeal."
How does she define sex appeal? "Be yourself, that will be the ultimate sexiness."

lasilverhug.jpg

Laura Houghton, 24, from Oregon, but living in Riverside, goes for "next-door vintage.
Grandma and Grandpa chic. I like anything that's bright and cheesy."

She's hugged by Becca Flaiz, 26, who says, "Honestly, I love
bustles and Victorian styles -- [my look is] modern Victorian."

lasilverstyle-1.jpg

Misha Boskovski, 25, from Venice, has eclectic taste that includes "Ukrainian gypsy fairy attire; acid-freak fashion."

lasilverppl.jpg

Jamal Dawda's "lazy chic" style makes the 26-year-old Silver Laker have "
a hodgepodge" wardrobe. Meanwhile, 25-year-old Teresa Gay's two style adjectives are "comfy and hip."

lasilvergirl.jpg

"Most of my outfit is from Santee Alley," 27-year-old Jacqueline
Nguyen of Silver Lake says of her "eclectic-modern" wardrobe. "There
should be no rules in fashion."

lasilverlake6.jpg

Angeleno Peter Hooks, 21, sports an "urban functionality" style.

lasilverred.jpg

Bree Bonneau, 22, of Silver Lake, says her look is "comfortable, black, mysterious."

lasilverlake9.jpg

Rebekah Parr, 34, of Silver Lake, describes her style with one word, "Love."

lasilversunnies.jpg

"My style is whatever my roommate gives me to wear," says Annie Hardy, 28, from the band Giant Drag.
"I'm not used to being awake this early."

latimes

Larchmont Village

larch5.jpg

Drake Rutter's fashion creed? "Live free, roll forever." The Koreatown
resident is wearing Converse high-tops and riding a Shogun bike that
was made in Taiwan.

larc.jpg

My style is a mixture of modern and retro," says Brandi Magee of
Larchmont Village. "I come from an era around the 50s. It's something
I feel inside and it manifests itself in my style."

larch10.jpg

Ischel Everett, 20, of Hollywood on her style: "Very chill, very comfortable. Anything without labels."

larch13.jpg

"I wear music on my sleeve," says Hengi Petersen, 27, of Hollywood.

larch8.jpg

Dory Melyon, 26, of Hancock Park likes to dress "kind of streetwear
meets couture. try and mix it all up." He's wearing Supra high-tops,
Marc Jacobs jeans, a Louis Vuitton belt, an American Apparel shirt and
a jacket from the Hundreds.

larch12.jpg

"I wake up and put stuff on," says Jade Ikazoboh, 25, of the Valley.

"I just wear what I wear," says Ekene Ijeoma of Brooklyn, N.Y. His scarf is from Italy.

larch14.jpg

Marisa Guzman, 25, of Silver Lake says her look is "sleek. I like to wear lots of gold."

lalarchmont.jpg

"My style is all black everything. Cool, trendy, super chill," says Ariel Shapiro, 20, of Hollywood. "Love my vintage fringe leather jacket and my cutoff
shorts and tights."

"I'm obsessed with my Sam Edelman boots," says Cass Baker, 23, of
Burbank. She likes to look "low-key but a little edgy, boyish but cute."

larch7.jpg

Kristine Louise of West Adams likes to dress "independent, outside the box.
I love root beer brown." It's obvious that Louise loves that color -- she
also has a "root beer Chevy, hair, lipstick and belt."

latimes

Wow, with the exception of maybe 3 of those outfits posted above on this page, all of them are hideous and make no sense.

Aw, I love Brandi Magee's outfit in Larchmont Village... I actually am a big fan of that area... did a recent blog post on there, too. My fiance and I visit weekly... and the style I see there is way more refined than what you see in Silver Lake or like areas.

One thing I could stand to see more of in LA - lovely dresses. I'm so SICK of skinny jeans!

A collage of hipsters... not exactly LA style. :sick:

Uggs, orange skin, frosted locks, rhinestones, and muffin tops pretty much sums up Orange County style. :yuk:

No offense, by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->