Prada S/S 2015 : Gemma Ward, Ine Neefs & Julia Nobis by Steven Meisel

I don't love or hate this, which is probably what I hate most about it. I'm glad to see Gemma in an important capacity more than I'm impressed by the campaign. But it's a campaign, which in especially the last few seasons is not gonna be ground-breaking. I'm more looking forward to an Edward/MertMarcus W Mag spread, or Love mag or something. Or God, PAOLO ROVERSI. I'll break the mag binding and frame that **** right after purchase.

Gemma slays this campaign! All eyes on her. OG campaign would have been better

IA on the OG comment... I don't know why they didn't go with only Gemma given than last season was only Mica and this was her big comeback.

God - it really would have been such an incredibly strong, fresh and innovative campaign had it been those still life shots only. They're absolutely gorgeous images and truly a fantastic way to push product while retaining a sense of artistry and creativity.

However, like I said before, the whole Tumblr-effect of juxtoposing disparate images together is so tired and pretentious - industry wide, and this is no exception. Ultimately, the other shots weaken the overall effect of the entire campaign - especially the images with the strange, Photoshop background. Julia Nobis is a total miss here (no surprise for me), and Ine doesn't add anything. Should have been just Gemma.

Wow that shot of Gemma sitting on the bed trumps every other shot in this campaign.

I think the coloured shots and the shots on the bed are actually pretty good. If the casting was better, the campaign would have been one of my favourites this season.

I think Julia looks unnecessary here. Her shots are not noteworthy. The still life images are way better.

Eyewear
ceed01129da0ec615e236cb55f647b7f.jpg

worldmags.net

^Let's be real, Julia is unnecessary in like 80% of the campaigns she's in. This really should have been an OG campaign with Gemma.

I think Gemma would have suited the eyewear better, not because she's my favourite but she actually pulls off glasses very well!

Julia´s nose is too distracting in that eyewear ad imo...
seriously, what a slap to Gemma´s face that this campaign isn´t OG... even Mica got that!

Julia's eye-wear shot is the best of her sequence. I think she looks nice there but I still wish it was Gemma. This should have been her campaign, hands down!

Gemma's eye-wear shot ^_^
eyewear.jpg
Prada on Instagram

Last edited by a moderator:
Gemma looks stunning here as always but it's overdone with Photoshop and her hair does not look natural :blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->