Fendi S/S 2018 : Vittoria Ceretti & Taylior Hill by Karl Lagerfeld

I absolutely disagree with everything you wrote. IMO there is not much difference between Vittoria and Kendall and maybe 90% of models today in print. I do think Vittoria work with Meisel is the only exception between the two but people will always judge Kendall harshly because of her last name. "Vittoria draws you in with her eyes. She has so much power in front of the camera." :lol: ... but modeling is subjective. She does not do the same for me but she has a very pretty face and when done right she can take pretty pictures, just like Kendall and most models today.

For me Vittoria just does not pull off Fendi at all. The clothes look awkward on her and just like the spring 2017 she's just standing there like one of the props (maybe there will be improvement). I think Kendall and Gigi did well last season and Kendall Fall 2016 Fendi campaign was pretty good. Not that Kendall is an exceptional model by any means but she pulls of the Fendi vibe/aesthetic quite well and that translate in the campaign. Also, the makeup and styling were better last season. Of course, this is based on one pic... I may change my mind once the complete campaign has been release.

I am pretty sure Kendall did not shoot Fendi this spring. I hope its an only girl campaign for Vitto.

I'm not judging Kendall because of her name. She is simply not a high fashion model. I've mentioned this plenty of times before but Kendall is not a person, she's a marketing object. It's almost guaranteed that she will get your brand out there. She has so much power in the industry, it's almost criminal. If she was a good model I would understand the hype, unfortunately she's not. I would put her more in the celebrity category, except she's not booking those jobs. She's taking jobs suited to actual working models. Everyone is riding the Kendall bandwagon, because it works. Yes she's mediocre, but who cares as long as she sells right? That's what I have a problem with. It's promoting mediocrity for the sake of sales and pushing a girl into a category she has no business being a part of. Vittoria may not be your cup of tea, but her talent is undeniable. She's a fantastic model.

I'm not judging Kendall because of her name. She is simply not a high fashion model. I've mentioned this plenty of times before but Kendall is not a person, she's a marketing object. It's almost guaranteed that she will get your brand out there. She has so much power in the industry, it's almost criminal. If she was a good model I would understand the hype, unfortunately she's not. I would put her more in the celebrity category, except she's not booking those jobs. She's taking jobs suited to actual working models. Everyone is riding the Kendall bandwagon, because it works. Yes she's mediocre, but who cares as long as she sells right? That's what I have a problem with. It's promoting mediocrity for the sake of sales and pushing a girl into a category she has no business being a part of. Vittoria may not be your cup of tea, but her talent is undeniable. She's a fantastic model.
Yeah Ok. Again modeling is subjective. I don't agree with anything you said.... I think Kendall fits right in with the vast majority of models today... and in fact does a better job than some models who got more covers than her this year :wink:

Yeah Ok. Again modeling is subjective. I don't agree with anything you said.... I think Kendall fits right in with the vast majority of models today... and in fact does a better job than some models who got more covers than her this year :wink:

:lol:

Okay, whatever you say. Have a good night.

whatever you say:rolleyes:

Whatever you say, lol!

I think Kendall fits right in with the vast majority of models today... and in fact does a better job than some models who got more covers than her this year :wink:

LOL, cheers to you!

Agreed, she fits right in with the vast majority of models today... in LA and Miami.

I also dislike Kendall because she doesn't look a like a model, not because she's a reality star. You simply cannot compare Kendall to the likes of Raquel Zimmermann, Mariacarla, Guinevere, Amber, Liu Wen, Vittoria, Joan, Liya, Freja, etc. She's not even in the same category in reality. Everyone knows that if she didn't have her social media power she wouldn't be scoring high fashion campaigns. If she didn't have her status the best she could get would be Miami, LA, Mexico commercial work and that's being nice.

Moderator Note:

Please keep in mind that the focus of the ad/mag forums is the fashion, art, photography and business of the work presented there. While the model/celeb taking part in the images are important, it must not be the main focus in these threads.

Further off-topic discussion will be removed. Thank you!

I always get the impression that Karl don't bother with a really impactful campaign for Fendi. It's as storied as Chanel in terms of brand profile, but his work for Fendi is miles ahead of what he's doing at Chanel. So I find it somewhat sad that the campaigns never fully encapsulate his runway genius. I'm in Namibia for NYE and I only just saw his autumn couture runway presentation on some fashion channel. Despite initially scoffing at the 'old' show, I finished it from start to end because it was just one anazing look after the other. The way he plays with fur, wow!

Also, Vittoria closed the show so I imagine that's why she got this.

It turned out quite well. This is better than all the previous Fendi campaigns with Bella, Gigi and Kendall....
That set is still silly.

^I agree, at least Vittoria can pose and emote. I wonder if this set is a reference to something because otherwise, what´s the point?

Vittoria looks great, but what the hell is she wearing?

US Vogue February 2018 Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->