Chris Brown arrested and sentenced for domestic violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmen_kass

Reaction score
Police seek Chris Brown sought in alleged beating

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles police say they're investigating an alleged domestic violence felony battery report involving Chris Brown.
The police department says in a release the 19-year-old R&B singer and a woman were in a vehicle in the Hancock Park neighborhood early Sunday when they began arguing.
Police say Brown and the woman got out of the car and the argument escalated.
Police say the woman identified Brown as her attacker. Officers say Brown wasn't at the scene.
A message left for Brown's representative seeking comment wasn't immediately returned.

Original Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gGJieb_g76xe6KygmUs6Fdtr02tQD967N55O0

More:

Chris Brown is under investigation for alleged domestic violence felony battery, the LAPD confirms to PEOPLE.

"The identity of the victim will not be released," said Officer April Harding. "Any victim who's involved in a domestic violence incident is entitled to confidentiality."

Both Brown and girlfriend Rihanna were scheduled to perform at the Grammys, but this statement was released Sunday evening: "We have just been informed that Rihanna will not be attending tonight's 51st Annual GRAMMY Awards. We're sorry she is unable to join us this evening."

Around 12:30 a.m. on Sunday, the R&B singer and a woman were in a vehicle in L.A. when they became involved in an argument, according to a police statement. After stopping his car, Brown and the woman got out and the argument escalated. The woman suffered visible injuries and identified Brown as her attacker, according to police.

The LAPD received a 911 call reporting the disturbance. "If police locate Brown, yes, he's subject to arrest," Officer Harding added.

When officers arrived they found the victim, but Brown had already left the scene, the statement reads.

The LAPD is conducting an investigation into the incident.

Earlier Saturday night Brown and Rihanna were at the Recording Academy and Clive Davis's Pre-Grammy Gala in Beverly Hills.

When asked about Rihanna's well being, her rep told PEOPLE, "Rihanna is well. Thank you for concern and support."

More to come ... http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20257693,00.html

Last edited by a moderator:
omg. shocking since i wouldn't expect him to be an abusive person.

omg :shock: He seems like such a nice guy - not the type that would do something like this :shock:

from tmz.com

We've just learned Chris Brown has just turned himself in to the LAPD.

Chris is being investigated by the LAPD for an alleged domestic violence felony battery that occurred early this morning near Hancock Park in L.A.

According to the victim, her and Chris got into an argument which became violent -- and cops say the woman in question had "visible injuries and identified Brown as her attacker."

The LAPD says Brown had left the scene by the time they arrived -- and the identity of the victim is not released in domestic battery cases.

Brown and girlfriend Rihanna were together earlier last night, attending Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party -- and both canceled their scheduled performances at tonight's event.

It's too early to draw any conclusion... there seems to be a lot going on with car accidents and battery charges. Hope everyone is ok though..

Apparently, they've been having issues lately (if reports are to be believed). Rihanna cancelling her Grammy performance is a pretty huge deal, she must have been involved :(

It's being said Rihanna is over at Cedars-Sinai hospital

OMG, If it's true Chris beat her up, I hope Ri is okay :doh:

It's not confirmed that it was Rihanna but it seems like all signs point to her now that it's confirmed she's at Cedars. Especially since they said she wasn't in good enough shape to perform tonight and also, she was the girl in the limo with him last night, omg. :( If it's indeed true, I hope she's okay. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very disappointing considering most of his fan base are tweens. I hope Rihanna, and if it wasn't her involved then the other woman, are okay :(

here's a picture of them last night. looked like they were arguing :doh:

credits all go to X17online
15s4oed.jpg

1zcgzm8.jpg

The LA Times (a very credible source - obviously) states that the victim was Rihanna.

And if it was a simple car accident, he wouldn't a. have fled the scene b. be questionned/held on felony battery.

According to my boyf, who got his info somewhere, it's being alleged that he punched her in the face and her jaw may/may not be broken....she had visible bruising according to the police when they arrived on the scene

i was on justjared and this commenter was saying she posted about the whole incident, even before the whole thing was made public/aired everywhere, because she knows people who work in the LAPD which they told her it was rihanna and that chris punched her etc etc. if he really did that, wow that's very disgusting of him. Plus his whole career is just over from here if it's true.

I can't believe Chris Brown. =[ He's definitely not the kind of guy to do that; it sounds like he was intoxicated, but who knows. I'm so sad. I didn't like Rihanna and Chris together, but had no idea it'd turn out like this!

I read somewhere else that he punched her in the eye. All speculation of course, but it seems pretty clear that there was some sort of altercation between the two. Very sad; never would have expected him to be abusive.

GRAMMY DRAMA: Chris Brown Investigated In Domestic Violence & Felony Battery Charges!

UPDATE (9:11p EST)
: Ok, here’s the low down we got from an extremely credible PR source on the ground at the Grammys. Said source tells TheYBF.com that the “car accident” story is false and is being used to throw everyone off. Rihanna is DEFINITELY the victim of domestic violence and is now pressing charges against her boyfriend Chris Brown as we speak. Early this morning while leaving Clive Davis’ party, the two got into a physical altercation in their limo and he punched Rihanna in the face. We’re told that’s when he/the limo dropped her at Hancock Park in L.A., and she ran and called 911. He left the scene and hasn’t been found since. We’re told Chris has until midnight tonight to turn himself in to LAPD. Otherwise, he will be arrested as soon as he’s spotted by an LAPD officer. We’re told Rihanna is definitely in the hospital recovering as we speak. -YBF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->