Christian Bale Arrested for Assaulting Family

sojou

Reaction score
Batman Star 'Assaulted Mother'

Batman star Christian Bale has been arrested by detectives investigating claims he assaulted his mother and sister.
[FONT=Verdana,arial,sans-serif][/FONT]
b

His arrest comes just a day after the British actor attended the premiere of his new film, The Dark Knight, in London.

Bale, 34, is alleged to have lashed out at the two family members in his suite at Park Lane's Dorchester Hotel on Sunday.

The star, who plays the Caped Crusader, is being questioned at a central London police station, sources say. The two women, who live in Dorset, went to a Hampshire police station yesterday to make a formal allegation.
The complaint about the actor was then passed to the Metropolitan Police for further investigation.

A police spokeswoman said: "A 34-year-old man attended a central London police station this morning by appointment.

"He was arrested in connection with an allegation of assault. He currently remains in custody."

Bale had joined Batman co-stars Sir Michael Caine, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Aaron Eckhart at the Odeon West End cinema in Leicester Square last night.
Sky's showbiz correspondent Steve Hargrave interviewed Bale at a London hotel yesterday and later at the premiere.

He said there was nothing in his demeanour to suggest he had been involved in an alleged family row. Hargrave said: "He (Bale) wasn't the most overtly cheery but he wasn't particularly rude to me when I sat down in the Dorchester to interview him. "Maybe he sounded a bit abrupt on some answers."

The Dark Knight, which also stars the late Heath Ledger as The Joker, broke box office records when it opened in the US at the weekend.
The 28-year-old, who is tipped for a posthumous Oscar, died from an accidental drugs overdose in January.

Bale, a keen environmental activist and martial arts enthusiast, also starred in American Psycho, Empire Of The Sun and Batman Begins.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20...tar-assaulted-mother-45dbed5_5.html?printer=1

Not sure if this has diminished my love for him yet ^_^

That is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo random. I would have never would have guessed him doing that. Well you are innocent until proven guilty.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I just find this so hard to believe!

I don't know his whole history with his family but I hear it's all very sketchy...did you all know his step-mother is Gloria Steinem?! I just found that out at dlisted...

I don't know his whole history with his family but I hear it's all very sketchy...did you all know his step-mother is Gloria Steinem?! I just found that out at dlisted...

Yes. It was very sad. When the great Gloria Steinem finally decided to get married. It was short lived. He died three years later. :(

i wouldn't have expect to hear this about him! guess we'll have to wait and see what details come out...

Celebrities are human too. Sometimes we lash out and sometimes we get caught.

^^True still find this strange, random and shocking to hear about Bale.

I have a hard time to believe this too.. :(

Like someone said: innocent until proven guilty. Who knows the actual circumstances of what happened....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeterJFrancoIII
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->