Christian Dior 'J'adore' Fragrance 2024 : Rihanna by Steven Klein

The whole thing is so kitschy and tacky. There's no sophistication or luxury imbued in any of this, and I can just imagine how cringey that video will be.

Also Dior x Rihanna will never make sense to me. I never understood the connection between her and Raf and I still don't understand the connection. It all just feels very forced and business driven and contracts and soulless. You can tell there is no genuine love of Christian Dior or the history or any of that from her side; it's just all about her having the cache of being the face of one of the most famous perfumes in the world. And for Dior it's about having the coup of getting her as the face.

The whole partnership is just so depressing. All about $$$ and nothing else.

There's a different...uh......real estate for Rih's wigs. If you know what I mean. #5head
For some strange reason Rihanna's team always gets her bad wigs. Remember the Fenty hair launch controversy.

The campaign is really worse than the print. Mr Klein and the stylists blew it. Most of it looks like Ai with that cheap looking hair and jewelry. But on the other hand it's a coup for them considering how influential she is as a celebrity.

Absolutely abysmal.

The budgets get bigger and bigger and the output gets more and more terrible.

Nothing can compare to Carmen’s ad - the greatest fragrance ad ever created, in my opinion. All they needed was a gorgeous girl in a pool of gold. I’m sure that production budget was a drop in this one’s by comparison.

This is such a mess. You have to be careful using Rihanna. She can be gorgeous, but it’s very easy for her to be cheapy, too. Clearly they ended up with the latter.

Im sure the budget for this was more important than what Klein did for his various Tom Ford campaigns films, who are insanely better than this.

It’s quite a terrible ad, much like all the latest J’adore campaigns.

It’s a very Real Housewives of Dubai opening credits type of commercial.

In the war between Chanel and Dior, Coco Mademoiselle got the best, most memorable campaign.

The only thing impactful about this is Rihanna as the face of j’Adore. Nothing more, nothing less.

And really, The Chateau de Versailles is a played card.

HAHAHAHA this is hilarious! “Your dreams…*sassy eyes*… make them real.” Hilarious!

This looks like a SNL Parody LOL.

Seriously though, what is Dior about this? I mean in essence, not just the surface stuff? All I see is a Rihanna x SNL promo video and little else.

Sorry but RIP J’adore. Wake me up when they do something actually sophisticated and dreamy with the next generation star in the year 2040.

it all seems to be done with CGI and almost AI. couldn’t look faker.

Rihanna does look good and that shade of blonde actually suits her however the quality of that wig is criminal.

The video is awful. A couture house with own high jewelry line and this is what they dressed her in? Everything is so cheap looking. That sound of opening doors and water splashes lmao. Amateur mess.
If I didn't know what she was advertising, I'd seriously believe this is to launch her new line of jewelry for Target, very Paris Hilton's perfume circa 2011, too.. that extra gold 'queen' 'heiress' level of gaudy.

Also, make it shorter! and bring back abstract ads, no one needs a full story or some American Vogue/' princess for a day' theme, and for a full minute. The perfume tv ads from the early 00s/late 90s (J'adore with Carmen, Flower by Kenzo, YSL's Cinema, etc) were memorable because they always left you wanting more and wondering what was that about, they were so elevated nothing about it was relatable and it just seemed like a tiny glimpse into a fantastic world where nothing is mundane. Playing queen at Versailles? that's literally the most mundane, influencer/tourist s*it.

If I didn't know what she was advertising, I'd seriously believe this is to launch her new line of jewelry for Target, very Paris Hilton's perfume circa 2011, too.. that extra gold 'queen' 'heiress' level of gaudy.

Also, make it shorter! and bring back abstract ads, no one needs a full story or some American Vogue/' princess for a day' theme, and for a full minute. The perfume tv ads from the early 00s/late 90s (J'adore with Carmen, Flower by Kenzo, YSL's Cinema, etc) were memorable because they always left you wanting more and wondering what was that about, they were so elevated nothing about it was relatable and it just seemed like a tiny glimpse into a fantastic world where nothing is mundane. Playing queen at Versailles? that's literally the most mundane, influencer/tourist s*it.
An abstract and sophisticated mood-advertisement would require a team of intelligent creatives looking to appeal to a sophisticated demographic.

This ad is neither. The entire industry is neither.

So blatantly obvious, cheap and corny. The Megan Hess of perfume campaigns and it's beyond tasteless.

I can see the appeal, from a mass commercial perspective because it is "R-I-H-A-N-N-A" but besides that it really harms the image of the perfume itself. Weird fashions (that black Bar-like look with the cap is so Instagram poseur), the ridiculous gold everything and the CGI/AI is just bad all around. Even the worst of Charlize's ads were better than this.

And she really does look like she's about to hold that perfume bottle like it's her opening into line for a Real Housewives franchise.

I think she's a great contemporary choice for the campaigns. She has fantastic presence in front of the camera.

Having her in the look she wore to the Dior Couture show in January is TRAGIQUE because it already looks 6 Months old, we have seen it before so how can you get excited?

ALSO....why put her in a corset of youre not going to tighten it, instead giving her a rectangular body shape? Picking up the dress too whilst she walks...Was the film shot in One take??? BAAD.

GettyImages-1952520010.jpg

vogue.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->