Christian Dior S/S 2015 : Julia, Lexi & Natalie by Willy Vanderperre

F/W 13 was the only really good campaign so far. From the casting to the setting and the composition, everything was fantastic.

Agree that most of the times something is missing, in this case: a proper model.

I think every member knows that you hate all work Julia does because you don't like her or Hanne Gaby or Jac.

I think Julia is perfect for this concept and Rafs vision for Dior. It's clean and well very Dior these day's. That said I wouldn't mind something more exiting.

Natalie's hair looks frizzy at the ends, otherwise I like the concept of this campaign!

This campaign could not be any blander. It's so sterile, emotionless and empty that I feel depressed just looking at it. When did minimalism start meaning boring?

I just KNEW that Lexi and Natalie were in this, so predictable.
And I agree, the shots are repetitive, on the Dior site you can see them all. In every shot they're sitting down, I mean how can you properly showcase your clothes when someone is sitting?
That plus the lame cast makes this a no for me.

So pretentious. So boring. So predictable. So uninspired.

Raf/Dior just keeps getting worse and worse.

They all look really bad and cold here, like dolls without any signs of life. This campaign is just painful to watch. And Dior people should uninstall their photoshop.

I've seen Dior Mag editorials with more flare than this, super lame.

I don't usually like to say this but another model could have made this work. Natasha, Raquel, or Iselin would have taken this to the next level and out of student photography project. I do love the floral logo though.

^ Yes, or Daria Strokous. I know people don't like her but at least she looks beautiful and a WOMAN while still being true to Raf's aesthetics. Letting her go and replacing her with Julia and Sasha was a bad decision. With her elegant and skillful posing she could have made these shots just that much better.

But hey, that's just my opinion and I don't wish to be attacked for it.

Such an incredible collection, rich with ideas that take the mind to so many places, and this is how Vanderperre interprets the aesthetic? To call this a disappointment would be an understatement.

I think Willy worked well with the Jil Sander aesthetic, but all of his Christian Dior campaigns have been really lacklustre. They always feel vastly disparate to the Raf Simons collections in terms of aesthetics and as mentioned by other people, let people down.

They really need a new photographer and change of creative direction in terms of advertising. Their window displays are ten times more inspiring and aeshtetically pleasiing than their advertising!

I feel like a change of cast and removing those drawings from the logo (which has probably only worked for Balenciaga and Stella McCartney) could've done wonders for this.

It's just frustrating, because if the cast were capable of showing any kind of life or spark, this would have been something to care about.

These new shoots just give me a feeling of punching these models in the face and shout 'wake up':angel:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->