Louis Vuitton S/S 2015 by Annie Leibovitz, Juergen Teller & Bruce Weber

Bigger Freja
seems like Teller photographed all the still images...?

worldmags.net

I have to agree seeing the collection styled on celebrities and bloggers exactly how they were shown in the show is not exciting and quickly overexposes the collection. With saying that I do like the Spring 2015 ads and when greatness is photographing the ad I would hardly call it boring I'm sure he'll move on, but I can't say I'm disappointed.

I think that Nicolas is trying to build his own aesthetic in LV so it makes sense imo the similarity in these past campaigns...

TRIPLE HEADER: Nicolas Ghesquière tapped the same three marquee photographers — Juergen Teller, Bruce Weber and Annie Leibovitz — for his sophomore fashion campaign for Louis Vuitton and also brought actress Jennifer Connelly into the fold.

The spring ads, slated to break in a range of February magazines starting with U.K. titles, also reflect three different locales. Leibovitz took Danish model Freja Beha Erichsen to the top of three unfinished skyscrapers in Manhattan, offering sweeping views of Central Park and Midtown’s skyline, while Weber chose Miami — and black-and-white film — for Connelly, one of Ghesquière’s longtime heroines. Teller picked a Parisian townhouse as a backdrop for models Jean Campbell, Rianne Van Rompaey, Daphne Simons and Marte Mei van Haaster.

Under the title “Series 2,” the spreads often mingle images by different photographers, suggesting that fashion is an elastic subject, with each collection open to various interpretations. Ghesquière has said the triple-header campaigns are to address the “many facets of women.” His “Series 1” campaign won a British Fashion Award for best advertising campaign.
wwd.com

Ok so first off. Jennifer looks sensational in every image. I love the wide angle solo shot of Freja (that being said the majority of Annie's shots look entirely photoshopped and fake). I think Juergen's only work well for accessories (at least for LV) when you place them alongside Bruce Weber.

I'm sooo happy he let some of his favorite Dutch models be in this campaign. I had already hoped for Rianne.

Jennifer looks stunning though, blows everything else out of the water.

These latest shots of Jennifer are the best ones.

Jennifer is the absolute highlight here, damn she looks spectacular :heart:

Also happy to see Marte and Rianne finally getting the campaign!

Jennifer looks better than the models imo (except Freja of course...). Way to prove than an older woman can look more amazing than young girls :heart:

I like that they paired two photographers side by side in the composition.

Weber steals the show with his pictures. Annie´s warm tones and set improves her photography a lot, compared with last season´s. Teller is the weakest link with his model pics, I prefer his still shots.

It's so rare to see an actress giving so much in an ad that i'm speechless. Jennifer is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G (even if i hate that miniskirt look on her)! This campaign should have been Jennifer Connelly by Bruce Weber.
But to be fair, Freja shot in the chair is one of the best shot i've seen of her and is the best shot from Leibovitz in recent times!

Jennifer is working her shots better than the models tbh....

Jennifer started out as a model when she was a child, and she hasn't lost it - she looks fantastic in these shots! I can't wait to see them in print/high-quality scans.

Marte is the biggest surprise for me since she didn't even get a Balenciaga ad under Ghesquiere. Glad to see designer's true loyalty to his girls. Weber's b/w shots stand out in both series though.

I wasn't convinced by her first shot but I have to say that Jennifer Connelly is the star of this campaign her shots are fantastic.

Actually love the final product but I must say. Jennifer really makes this campaign, IMO.

Wowza at Jennifer! She can teach all these models a thing or two. The amount of emotion she conveys is amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->