Christian Lacroix F/W 05.06 Haute Couture

r182577952.jpg
r3226014937.jpg

53209004.jpg
wow, wow, wow!

Diorling said:
If it werent for the date Id confuse this collection with his past two. It is gorgeous, yes, but it's not new.

What he said. I like it as always, but it's nothing new. A change in his work wouldn't be a bad thing. I am sure he will still be great at what he does, even by changing a bit.

53208509.jpg

this is my absolute favorite of the pics posted so far, i love love love the skirt!!:heart:

guys, kindly avoid reposting and check before adding pics or we will surely have to edit...

appreciated :flower:

I like it, more than most haute couture shows. The colours, the fabrics, the make-up, the 'head-pieces' or whatever they are, the 'old-styled' look. :smile:

I know nothing about make-up but I love the look on the models from this show.

here' are two more close ups from yahoo

capt.sge.kdl70.070705214222.photo00.photo.default-307x380.jpg
capt.sge.kdl70.070705214222.photo02.photo.default-247x380.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know who was responsible for the gorgeous make-up?

it's just too beautiful :heart: this is the best lacroix show i've seen in years :shock: although in the end, it's still too ostentatious for my taste...

j´adore dior said:
im not sure, but sometimes i think i´ve seen stephane marais.
Yes, I believe so.

As far a Lacroix changing, I don't really think he has to. This is his staple, it's what he's known for and what no other designer does quite as well. He mixes fabric, textures and colors in the most beautiful way, you can always tell a Lacroix HC piece because it's always unique. So even though he may not be the most revolutionary couturier, and at times it may seem too safe and familiar, I don't think his couture suffers any because of it. Plus, Lacroix's collections never have a clear, identifiable theme so even if he were to change the slightest bit, people may not even notice.

I find all his shows to be quite exquisite in that you can see the craftsmanship in the garment and I can only imagine them closeup but they all sort of run into the other. I'm not sure I could really seperate this show from the last 4.

i thinks its gorgeous... i love all these dark dresses im seeing this time 'round. all the black lace is just beautiful, along with the dark shiny blues and greens... i also love this so much more than chanel (except the black dress, of course!).

like softgrey, his work doesn't appeal really although I can see the skill & talent ......the skill of the people sewing all that beading is amazing. what do you call people who work in couture who aren't the designers?

love it. though i kinda prefer the brighter last season collection. abit offtopic but arent tiiu. alek, lily, hana and eugenia made for couture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->