Christian Siriano S/S 10 New York

As if one Zac Posen isn't enough already:yuk:!!!!
Thank god I'm not the only one seeing echoes of Zac. That retro-infused tailoring and fussy drama are right out of Zac's playbook.

For all of his going on about how avant garde he was while on PR, once you strip away the huge volumes and McQueen/Westwood overtones, you're left with extremely mundane designs.

Everyone's inspired by someone. I really had low expectiations for this show, but I'm surprised over how well I actually liked it. Definitely beautiful.

Everyone's inspired by someone. I really had low expectiations for this show, but I'm surprised over how well I actually liked it. Definitely beautiful.

agree. compared to his last show, this is a huge improvement. And his gowns are beautiful this season.

He interned under Alexander McQueen and at Viv Westwood, so it's no surprise to see the influences there.

I think it's a HUGE improvement from last season, but I would like to see more of him in the collection, there is a touch of him in there but I see way too many influences for my taste. The gowns are stunning, I love love love the one on sessile!

I don't hate it though I actually enjoyed a lot of it!

I don't think this collection looks cheap at all!

I like a few pieces and i'm feeling the colour palette. Overall, i think it's pretty classy and wearable :smile:

In every collection I see this skirt, a blouse and a huge hat ... it seemed that it is Christian Siriano's typical look (that I´m starting to hate it), apart from it, I think that every season is evolving for good, I'm charmed with the palette of colors, I think this is very good.

The prints are quite interesting and the evening wear is far superior than the rest.
Not really feeling the blue though.

Nothing too creative. I kind of expected this degree of design and creativity from him.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe next season he'll be even better! <3 here's hoping!

He is just the reality show material. When it comes to fashion he doesn't have much talent.

He should be co-hosting some reality show rather than pretending to be a designer.

^ I don't really agree with you at all, I definitely could see that last season, but he's showing massive improvement this season... I think he has great potential!

I don't find it cohesive, but that works in his favor this time because of just how hit or miss it is. If he had made an entire collection based around a few of the themes here, it would have been a trainwreck (conversely, some of the ideas would have made a very beautiful collection on their own).

he needs to edit much more carefully and work on his signature look .. its a bit fuzzy .. though Ill admit I like the blue pieces and the body suit ....

I don't like. Alot have already been seen or made and the hats are ugly. I see a disagreement between the hats and the outfits.
The only thing I liked was the shoes.

at least hes moved on from that wave thing with all that fabric. i went to saks and lifted one of his dresses from his fall 09 collection and almost strained a muscle lol

I really quite enjoyed the collection..

Loved the earthtones and one real color - the blue.

The hats were a nice touch, as well. I really wish people would wear hats more often - they can completely transform an outfit. :heart:

Unfortunately, though, I feel that a lot of his pieces and looks are appropriate for only model-sized individuals - not women with an athletic build, such as myself. Very hard for me to wear silk or anything else that would lay on, or cling to, my body.

Ugh! :(
Nothing special. Are thses clothes runway worthy? no

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Christian, he's amazing, and I can really tell he's grown as a designer. Although this line still has Christian written all over it, he seems to have learned to censor himself a little bit. Everything's dramatic, but not overly-so as he's done in the past. I love it, it's all beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"