Christopher Kane F/W 09.10 London

I don't think I'd call it so much 'safe' as well edited and refined :flower: I disliked his last couple collections a lot but I am glad he's ditched the ruffles and extreme scalloping because this is much more appealing to me! loving the stripes. :smile:

Ohhhh! i really like it... it's a bit Balenciaga and Givenchy, isn't it??? love it!

:heart: This is so chic and so beautiful in a calm, soft way :wub: I'm in love

It's better than last season...I love the details of the collection.
As lucy said, he is staying away from anything "signature", which is really sad.
Because his first collection is the best so far

I see nothing interesting here to be honest. It's wearable and well-tailored but is it as exciting as his previous collections?

I'm disappointed considering his past collections - which seemed very concise and directional.

Unfortunately, this screams "recession-proof" to me. He's obviously trying to navigate his way through these economic times, and had to sacrifice a bit of his quirkiness for it. What a Shame.

i like 2 dresses in #5 but apart from that this is very dull.

So chic. I love the lines and the geometry it creates. I would wear so much of this, if only I had the occasion and the money. It's edgy, but elegant.

I haven't even enlarged the pictures but I'm inordinately loving this already.

hmm.. some of this is so different from what he normally does (the brown sweaterthing??) but the dresses are spot on. i'd say it's a nice elegant change!

Really nice collection, the geometric lines/figures in the dresses are great!

Love this.

I was dissapointed by how restrained it is but it's just to beautiful to deny it.

I just find his work overwhelmingly inconsistent. He's like the Marc Jacobs of London, really going with the flow and doing what might capture the spirit of the season, I don't see him going forward or backwards with his work, just jumping on different scenarios... and getting cozy with trend agencies.
The collection screams recession style for me, it's safe enough to say no one will entirely object to it, me included. but if I'd feel like investing on this kind of simplicity, I'd go to Prada, not Christopher Kane. :meow:

Christopher Kane's constructivism

22rkanea.jpg

LONDON: Christopher Kane confirmed his wunderkind status Sunday - not by sending out a wild and wacky show but by the sensitive way he moved his vision forward. Still only 26, the designer is as mature and thoughtful as his clothes are fresh and youthful.

"Drawing on paper," said Kane, wearing a gorilla T-shirt from his previous "Prehistoric" collection. This show had a hint of Russian Constructivism, with its geometric lines worked in a subtle plaid worthy of Kane's native Scotland - or in his signature appliqués of narrow velvet ribbons on tulle.

The result was modern, tactile and wearable, with elegant attention to detail that never weighed on the clothes. The show played out in black and shaded white, from ivory through cream, but with hints of color that gleamed with eerie iridescence, as if from inside the "cage" of velvet lines. Everything was subtle, sensitive and just right, showing Kane as a fast-growing talent.

suzy menkes/ iht.com

I think it's pretty good. There is still "Kane" in it, you just have to search for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->